Chevron Phillips Chemical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was fair and productive. The recruiter asked important questions and they were easily answered. He allowed me to talk extensively about my career background and aspirations with the new company. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have talked more and have the recruiter ask me in depth questions, but I guess this would have been done at a later time. The opportunities with this company seem to be very good, but there was no relocation package offered.

Interview Question – Why did a want a career change?   Answer Question

Health & Safety Specialist Interview

Health & Safety Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview Details – The process took quite some time from start to finish. First there was a phone interview, two weeks later there was an in-person interview, and an offer came in six weeks after that. The face-to-face interview was a panel interview but the demeanor of the employees made it feel very laid back. It was a lot less intimidating than it sounds like it would be.

Interview Question – All the interview questions were very basic..."Explain a time when..." "Something you did to improve a process" and then some job-specific questions pertaining to my past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made a counter offer that was not accepted.

SAP Human Resources Interview

SAP Human Resources
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in April 2014.

Interview Details – SAP HR related questions on all modules OM, PA, ESS/MSS, TM, PY, SuccessFactors etc. Phone interview followed by an SAP HR team Functional interview, followed by an ABAP team interview, followed by Business team interview. 8 people waiting for my answers. Just my kind of environment.

Interview Question – If you know your stuff nothing is difficult. Other than that there are personality questions. As a candidate I felt they helped me decide whether I should be with the company or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate much. I got what I asked for.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interview Details – Interview process was very straight forward. Process consisted of phone interview and on-site interview. Questions were standard behavior based questions that ask you about a time when you solved a problem or when you had to work within a team. There was also time at the end to ask questions to the interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you recommended a solution or idea that failed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process from the first phone screen to start date is rather lengthy but worth the wait. Most of the interviews are conducted by a team of 3-5 people.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you were able to see and implement a new way of doing the job.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview Details – On campus interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. Know your resume well, know your past experiences and be able to break them down into more qualitative events.

Interview Question – Be able to analyze past experiences beyond the mere facts   Answer Question

New Hire College Graduate Interview

New Hire College Graduate
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview. Went down my resume and asked me to talk about my experiences. Filled in the behavioral part as i talked.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Manhattan, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details – I obtained an interview at the career fair at my university. Right away they ask you what they know about their company. Luckily I had done some research and was able to answer their question. Having a solid resume and a good GPA were also part of qualifying for an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you did not have enough time to finish a project and how you handled telling you boss the situation.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview Details – Interviewer came to campus. I had met him on multiple occasions during the week, so I was comfortable with him already. The interview on campus was painless, no technical aspect at all. He really just asked questions about leadership and what I knew about their company. We spent a few minutes talking about volunteer work as well.

Interview Question – He asked where in Texas I'd like to work. Being from another state, I didn't know the listed cities all that well so it was very difficult to rank them. Be sure to either look up stuff about the cities where they have plants or what each plant does so you know where you want to work.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Beaumont, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2012.

Interview Details – They flew me down to the plant for a couple of days. The interview process was very straight forward and with out any difficult questions. After my interview I went to a lunch and when I returned to the plant I was offered a position

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Chevron Phillips Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chevron Phillips Chemical interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chevron Phillips Chemical employees and interview candidates.