Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in June 2014.

The interview was fair and productive. The recruiter asked important questions and they were easily answered. He allowed me to talk extensively about my career background and aspirations with the new company. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have talked more and have the recruiter ask me in depth questions, but I guess this would have been done at a later time. The opportunities with this company seem to be very good, but there was no relocation package offered.

Health & Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

The process took quite some time from start to finish. First there was a phone interview, two weeks later there was an in-person interview, and an offer came in six weeks after that. The face-to-face interview was a panel interview but the demeanor of the employees made it feel very laid back. It was a lot less intimidating than it sounds like it would be.

Interview Questions
    • All the interview questions were very basic..."Explain a time when..." "Something you did to improve a process" and then some job-specific questions pertaining to my past experiences.   Answer Question
    I made a counter offer that was not accepted.

SAP Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in April 2014.

SAP HR related questions on all modules OM, PA, ESS/MSS, TM, PY, SuccessFactors etc. Phone interview followed by an SAP HR team Functional interview, followed by an ABAP team interview, followed by Business team interview. 8 people waiting for my answers. Just my kind of environment.

Interview Questions
    • If you know your stuff nothing is difficult. Other than that there are personality questions. As a candidate I felt they helped me decide whether I should be with the company or not.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much. I got what I asked for.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Process consisted of phone interview and on-site interview. Questions were standard behavior based questions that ask you about a time when you solved a problem or when you had to work within a team. There was also time at the end to ask questions to the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you recommended a solution or idea that failed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in January 2012.

The process from the first phone screen to start date is rather lengthy but worth the wait. Most of the interviews are conducted by a team of 3-5 people.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you were able to see and implement a new way of doing the job.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

On campus interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. Know your resume well, know your past experiences and be able to break them down into more qualitative events.

Interview Questions
    • Be able to analyze past experiences beyond the mere facts   Answer Question

New Hire College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2013.

Very straight forward interview. Went down my resume and asked me to talk about my experiences. Filled in the behavioral part as i talked.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2013.

I obtained an interview at the career fair at my university. Right away they ask you what they know about their company. Luckily I had done some research and was able to answer their question. Having a solid resume and a good GPA were also part of qualifying for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not have enough time to finish a project and how you handled telling you boss the situation.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interviewer came to campus. I had met him on multiple occasions during the week, so I was comfortable with him already. The interview on campus was painless, no technical aspect at all. He really just asked questions about leadership and what I knew about their company. We spent a few minutes talking about volunteer work as well.

Interview Questions
    • He asked where in Texas I'd like to work. Being from another state, I didn't know the listed cities all that well so it was very difficult to rank them. Be sure to either look up stuff about the cities where they have plants or what each plant does so you know where you want to work.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2012.

They flew me down to the plant for a couple of days. The interview process was very straight forward and with out any difficult questions. After my interview I went to a lunch and when I returned to the plant I was offered a position

Worked for Chevron Phillips Chemical? Contribute to the Community!