Chevron Phillips Chemical

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

First spoke with a recruiter at my university's career fair. After a brief interview on campus they offered to fly me to Houston for an on site interview. They took me to dinner the night before, breakfast the morning of, and lunch. At each meal there were two other engineers who talked about the city, the plant, etc.
    I had 6 separate interviews throughout the day. They were very personable and focused on safety at the plant. They did not just have their head down and pen to the paper like other companies.
    Have examples prepared where you followed company protocol despite pressure from coworkers, management, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your construction manager instructed you to tell your team to perform a task that was against safety protocol?   View Answer

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Spoke with CP Chem at Career Fair and received a call from them the same night to see if I was interested in a next day interview. The interview was 1:1 and it was very relaxed, the interviewer did a great job of sharing their experience at CPChem. Less than a week later I was contacted by a site HR person to schedule a phone interview, about two weeks later I had the phone interview which was a panel interview. This interview was also really relaxed they shared their background and were really interested in getting to know me. The next day, they called and made an offer. Something that I was very impressed with was how great of a job they did to make sure that the company was a good fit for me as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral based questions, as well as getting you to elaborate on your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

I went to my school's engineering career fair at which point I spoke to a representative from Chevron Phillips. The following night, I received a phone call from a company rep asking if I'd like to interview with CPChem the following day. I interviewed with two people from the company whom I did not see at the career fair--both of them were fairly recent graduates of my university. The interview had a very relaxed atmosphere and the interviewers were very encouraging when I asked for a few moments to think about a question. Overall, very positive interviewing experience. Am hoping to hear back from them for the second round!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you noticed a safety risk and how did you rectify it   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2014.

I got the Interview through the Engineering Career fair at my school. I talked to them at the fair and they called me same day evening to schedule an interview for the next day. Two weeks after the on-campus interview they contacted me for an onsite interview which lasted for two days. Both of the interviews were typical behavioral questions, just trying to see how well you work with people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult just typical behavioral questions and going through your resume.   Answer Question

I had a better company offer for a better location.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2014.

The interview was a normal behavioral interview and they said they would get back to me within 2-3 weeks. basically sat down with the interviewer and spoke about my experiences and he asked some questions

Interview Questions
    • What are some safety hazards that you have ever come across and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Entry Level Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2014.

I was interviewed by two employees from the company after meeting at a college career fair. The first interview was very conversational and basically wanted to get to know me the second interviewer asked more behavioral questions. It took over 3 weeks to hear back from them but great experience nonetheless

Health & Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

The process took quite some time from start to finish. First there was a phone interview, two weeks later there was an in-person interview, and an offer came in six weeks after that. The face-to-face interview was a panel interview but the demeanor of the employees made it feel very laid back. It was a lot less intimidating than it sounds like it would be.

Interview Questions
    • All the interview questions were very basic..."Explain a time when..." "Something you did to improve a process" and then some job-specific questions pertaining to my past experiences.   Answer Question
    I made a counter offer that was not accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in June 2014.

The interview was fair and productive. The recruiter asked important questions and they were easily answered. He allowed me to talk extensively about my career background and aspirations with the new company. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have talked more and have the recruiter ask me in depth questions, but I guess this would have been done at a later time. The opportunities with this company seem to be very good, but there was no relocation package offered.

Headquarters Property & Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in April 2014.

First brought in by headhunter. Had one on one meeting and preliminary screen. Headhunter then proceeded to setup interview with Chevron Phillips in their main campus. Five different people involved. Interview involved many technical aspects and lots of safety questions. It was a very long interview with lots of repetitive questions, very thorough but it sure made for a very long afternoon.

SAP Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in April 2014.

SAP HR related questions on all modules OM, PA, ESS/MSS, TM, PY, SuccessFactors etc. Phone interview followed by an SAP HR team Functional interview, followed by an ABAP team interview, followed by Business team interview. 8 people waiting for my answers. Just my kind of environment.

Interview Questions
    • If you know your stuff nothing is difficult. Other than that there are personality questions. As a candidate I felt they helped me decide whether I should be with the company or not.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much. I got what I asked for.