Chevron Phillips Chemical Project Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard format. I round robin interview panel, with representatives from the business and human resources as well. Lasted approximately 45 minutes. Interviewers were cordial and professional.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2014.

Interview

I got the Interview through the Engineering Career fair at my school. I talked to them at the fair and they called me same day evening to schedule an interview for the next day. Two weeks after the on-campus interview they contacted me for an onsite interview which lasted for two days. Both of the interviews were typical behavioral questions, just trying to see how well you work with people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult just typical behavioral questions and going through your resume.   Answer Question

I had a better company offer for a better location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Beaumont, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

They flew me down to the plant for a couple of days. The interview process was very straight forward and with out any difficult questions. After my interview I went to a lunch and when I returned to the plant I was offered a position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Beaumont, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied for position on company Careers Website and answered basic questions and uploaded resume. I was contacted for a face to face interview, but it was to be at a restaurant in the evening. This was due to the busy schedules of the interviewers. I was interviewed by the Plant Manager, the Project Dept. Manager, and HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Due to the abnormal interview location (at a restaurant and not at the plant), the Plant Manager dispensed with regular Q&A process and she said "Tell about yourself, your background, and your qualifications for the position." They did followup with some questions based on my narrative about me. I have much experinece and wanted to say as much as I could about my qualities, so the process (including eating - I ate little of my dinner) took 2 hours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview was last night, but I expact an offer.