Chevron Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.3

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Was STAR questions not very hard basic behavioral questions. Hardest question was what makes you a good fit and such. Was very pleasant interview I I I I I i

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next week. After the phone screen, I went onsite for a panel interview. Interview was primarily behavioral, with focus on communication, teamwork, and leadership. At the end, I was given ample time to ask questions, in fact the interviewers kept encouraging me to ask more and more questions....overall it was a very positive experience. My chemistry with the interviewers was a large reason why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to communicate a piece of bad news to your colleagues and superiors? How did you go about this communication?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, set pay scale and benefits for the position I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in University of Colorado, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chevron (University of Colorado, CO).

Interview

I had an on campus interview through our career services. It was a behavioral based interview with typical questions like explain a time I was on a team and had to make a decision that was not popular and explain how it turned out. They also asked me where I wanted to work and if I wanted to do downstream or upstream.

Interview Questions

• Probable the difficult team decision I mentioned earlier.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chevron (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with a Chevron representative at an on campus recruiting event. I went to the booth and spoke with the representative for about 30 minutes ranging from school, to extra-curriculars, to my future goals. Early on the next morning I got a call back to schedule an interview for the same day. The interview was at the end of Septermber, and I heard back from them in early November.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time that you convinced a team that you lead that your solution was better than theirs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron (University Park, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

There was one on-campus interview during the career fair week. Very informal, although I've heard that others had the STAR questions. My interview was just talking through my resume and what I've accomplished. The recruiters were very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any in mine, but I've heard others get the STAR questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chevron (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to set up an interview for the next day. Interviewed with the Engineering Manager, interviewed lasted about an hour. The interview was mainly centered around my background and resume. A few questions about things I had worked on before and a few behavioral ones as well. How do I manage my time?

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. The location was burnaby refinery and the job title was process engineering EIT.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work term experience relate to this position and the skills that can be translated over to this position from your past experiences.   3 Answers

No rotation

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. I was able to answer all of the questions rather easily and did not have any trick questions. The information that came from the company rec was pretty standard and I thought that this interview was unlikely to lead to very much do to the fact he was simply passing information into a database.