Chevron Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 13, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chevron.

Pretty typical, nothing unusual. I interviewed with two supervisors at the same time. I had prior experience, so i knew how to answer the standard questions. The most important question was, "How do you handle a customer who is upset?"

Interview Questions
    It was a contract job. There was no negotiation. I had to accept any shift, any day including weekends and holidays. The pay was set, the attitude was, "Take it or leave it."

Regional Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron.

I applied online to their website, and was called by a recruiter about four to six weeks later. After a brief phone screening, a panel interview was scheduled. The interview process was well organized and appropriate to the job for which I applied. Behavioral interview techniques were used.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question pertained to my rationale for why I thought I was the best candidate for the position. I found it challenging to come up with a response as I did not know with whom I was competing for the position.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was so excited to receive the offer, and it was already more generous than I expected, so I simply accepted the offer with pleasure.

Finance MBA Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chevron in November 2013.

If you are not at one of Chevron's "core" schools that recruits on-campus, you will have to attend a conference and network with Chevron Finance employees in order to have a chance at a first round interview. The earlier in the school year you do this, the better - all first round interviews are completed by early November with second rounds shortly thereafter.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in October 2013.

The interview was relatively easy and did not involve any technical questions. Essentially a discussion on your previous work history and behavioral questions. The company had sufficient faith in your abilities given your GPA or the caliber of your university to skip it all together. There is a tendency to move around the company once you are in, so it makes expertise in one field unnecessary.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Rate seemed pretty set in stone.

Accounting Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chevron in October 2013.

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter about two weeks later to set up an interview. I was told ahead of time that I would be interviewing with a total of 4 people. When I got there I was taken on a small tour (including gym and break area, etc). I got the impression that not a lot of new people are hired very often. Lots of people start working here and stay here for their entire careers.

The interview took place in a small conference room. The questions appeared to have been selected from a pre-screened list of acceptable questions. Fairly standard as far as questions go. Lots of questions asking for examples of various things.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron in August 2013.

I applied online, and received a call the next week. After the phone screen, I went onsite for a panel interview. Interview was primarily behavioral, with focus on communication, teamwork, and leadership. At the end, I was given ample time to ask questions, in fact the interviewers kept encouraging me to ask more and more questions....overall it was a very positive experience. My chemistry with the interviewers was a large reason why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to communicate a piece of bad news to your colleagues and superiors? How did you go about this communication?   View Answer
    No room for negotiation, set pay scale and benefits for the position I applied for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in May 2013.

Got a call on an online job application I completed a few months earlier and had already forgotten about. I had applied several times over the years and never got a response before, I expected this to be the same. I was told that interviews where being held the next week. I opted to go late in the week to give me time to prepare. I spent two whole days preparing and practicing responses to behavioral questions, watching youtube videos of interview techniques, reading the panel members linkedin profiles etc.
    The whole process began with a short phone interview with HR representative and actual face-to-face interview was with a three-person panel. They explained their organizational structure and the responsibilities of the role then asked me to talk through my resume. I walked them through chronologically placing emphasis on skills relevant to the job being interviewed for. They seemed friendly and impressed with my experience. It lasted about an hour, which I thought was short. I was ready for more.
    I received a call the next day from HR saying that they loved me and would like me to provide 3 references. Within a week I had a verbal offer and compensation expectations were discussed, they seemed reluctant to negotiate and offered me exactly what I was currently making, but at the end the official base salary offer was about 9% better than what I agreed to verbally.
    Currently doing drug and background checks before a start date is fixed. This process is said to take about 2 weeks. I am spending the time doing some more interviews in San Francisco, but I am likely to stay with Chevron except of course if one of these companies makes me an obscene offer that I can not refuse.

Interview Questions
    • How do your personal goals and values fit in with Chevron's?   View Answer
    Verbal negotiation with HR, but they were did not move up at all on the call. They seemed content to tell you about the benefits of working for such a great company. But it is always good to state a number and see how they respond.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in December 2012.

Initial interview on campus with 2 people, STAR based format...very slow response time, it took almost three weeks for them to tell me I moved onto the next round. Had a final round interview day in San Ramon at their HQ where I had 2 rounds of behavioral based interviews during the on site visit

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in September 2012.

Applied online and received call from HR several weeks later. Went to interview within one week. Chevron contacted me about six (6) months later to inform me that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were several challenging interview questions which I believe I answered thoroughly.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

Had applied online for several positions. Got a phone call asking a few technical and resume based questions.
    Was invited for a panel interview - 4 people from different areas. Very relaxed atmosphere.
    Made the interviewee very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with different stakeholders on a project asking for two different requirements which are contrasted and you can do only one.   View Answer