Chevron Interview Questions in San Ramon, CA

3.2

Regional Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron.

I applied online to their website, and was called by a recruiter about four to six weeks later. After a brief phone screening, a panel interview was scheduled. The interview process was well organized and appropriate to the job for which I applied. Behavioral interview techniques were used.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question pertained to my rationale for why I thought I was the best candidate for the position. I found it challenging to come up with a response as I did not know with whom I was competing for the position.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was so excited to receive the offer, and it was already more generous than I expected, so I simply accepted the offer with pleasure.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in May 2013.

Got a call on an online job application I completed a few months earlier and had already forgotten about. I had applied several times over the years and never got a response before, I expected this to be the same. I was told that interviews where being held the next week. I opted to go late in the week to give me time to prepare. I spent two whole days preparing and practicing responses to behavioral questions, watching youtube videos of interview techniques, reading the panel members linkedin profiles etc.
    The whole process began with a short phone interview with HR representative and actual face-to-face interview was with a three-person panel. They explained their organizational structure and the responsibilities of the role then asked me to talk through my resume. I walked them through chronologically placing emphasis on skills relevant to the job being interviewed for. They seemed friendly and impressed with my experience. It lasted about an hour, which I thought was short. I was ready for more.
    I received a call the next day from HR saying that they loved me and would like me to provide 3 references. Within a week I had a verbal offer and compensation expectations were discussed, they seemed reluctant to negotiate and offered me exactly what I was currently making, but at the end the official base salary offer was about 9% better than what I agreed to verbally.
    Currently doing drug and background checks before a start date is fixed. This process is said to take about 2 weeks. I am spending the time doing some more interviews in San Francisco, but I am likely to stay with Chevron except of course if one of these companies makes me an obscene offer that I can not refuse.

Interview Questions
    • How do your personal goals and values fit in with Chevron's?   View Answer
    Verbal negotiation with HR, but they were did not move up at all on the call. They seemed content to tell you about the benefits of working for such a great company. But it is always good to state a number and see how they respond.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in December 2012.

Initial interview on campus with 2 people, STAR based format...very slow response time, it took almost three weeks for them to tell me I moved onto the next round. Had a final round interview day in San Ramon at their HQ where I had 2 rounds of behavioral based interviews during the on site visit

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chevron in September 2012.

Applied online and received call from HR several weeks later. Went to interview within one week. Chevron contacted me about six (6) months later to inform me that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were several challenging interview questions which I believe I answered thoroughly.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron.

Had applied online for several positions. Got a phone call asking a few technical and resume based questions.
    Was invited for a panel interview - 4 people from different areas. Very relaxed atmosphere.
    Made the interviewee very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with different stakeholders on a project asking for two different requirements which are contrasted and you can do only one.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevron in May 2011.

Spoke with a recruiter first, then went on a panel interview. They were very nice and laid back. Asked basic previous employment questions and then a lot of marketing/pr ones like creative writing and branding, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Will working for a company like Chevron that has been criticized for ethical issues be hard?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron in March 2011.

Very straightforward one on one interviewing process, mostly behavioral-based questions, will ask things about the company such as: who do you think are our competitors, etc. recruiter will expect you to elaborate on your answers and demonstrate some knowledge about the oil and gas industry.
    Expect some questions about your resume, activities that you did, why you did them, etc. Will ask if you are willing to relocate. If you have the opportunity, tell them as much stuff that you know about recent oil and gas events as possible – you should always do your research before walking into the interview room.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevron in February 2011.

I originally met with a Chevron rep at a career fair at my school. We discussed the internship program and I gave him my resume. I applied for an interview that night and got one. The interview was held on campus and consisted of two people from Chevron and myself. We discussed times when I exhibited leadership and the rest of the standard questions. What really threw me off was the fact that they actually asked me accounting questions, which I was not expecting. The interview was the toughest of the ones that I had, but it was a good experience. The people from Chevron were really nice and they even gave me a Chevron car that is also a USB.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevron in November 2010.

There were 3 different interviews lasting about 45 minutes each. They were all non-technical questions. The interviews were geared towards assessing your personality, leadership capabilities/potential, and goals and aspirations. The interviewers were all very friendly and not intimidating.

Overall, the interviews were not difficult, as long as you are well prepared and equipped with interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above all of the questions were non-technical questions. However, they did ask a few situational questions. For example, "please provide an example of a situation where you were given a leadership role and handled a difficult problem."   View Answer
    There wasn't much room for negotiation for the position I applied for. They explained to me that there was a standard pay for this specific position, which was later verified by other coworkers that accepted the same position. All in all, it was a straighforward and painless process.

IT PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

interviewed at Chevron in January 2010.

First I had a phone screening, then there were 2 in person interviews with a panel of 6 people (ranging in roles, from peer in dept to senior manager),

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions asking for me to explain concepts in Project Management to gauge my understanding of the field   Answer Question