Chevy Chase Bank Interview Questions

2.7

Trade Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in November 2010.

The first interview went well. It was with a asset management group. Each member interviewed indiviually. Their positions ranged from head analyst to operational support. It gets tough trying to satisfy the different types of personalities. Most of their questions focused on my backround and experience. Anyways, it went well and I was called back for a second interview to meet the top dog. He and the head trader sat down with me. I'm sure the second interview was at the request of the head trader because the Portfolio manager just kept asking me whether I would consider retail sales. From that point, the interview went downhill. I applied for trade ops hoping it would lead to a trading position. Retail sales isn't my bag, baby! In conclusion, I didn't get an offer.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in January 2010.

It was long and rigorous. I had a 20 minute presentation about teach something to the recruiter. There was also a written part.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in May 2009.

Too tedious; bureaucratic

Not much to negotiate

Training & Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in September 2008.

I applied online for an open position and received a voicemail response within 3 hours. I called back right away, but it took three business days for me to finally speak with the recruiter. We did the phone screen, and then she promised a response within the next few days; I got the callback for an in-person interview that same afternoon and scheduled the interview for early the following week.

The interview itself was, I thought, well-managed. At the HR office, I filled out the application, which was annoying as I had already done the application online and hated having to hand-write the exact same information on a paper form. (I understand the legal rationale for doing so - they have more leverage if you misrepresent yourself on a signed paper application than on an electronic one - but it's still annoying) The HR staff and waiting area left a very positive impression - professional and conservative but not stuffy. I did not have to wait long to meet with either interviewer.

I interviewed first with an HR person (forgotten her position, but she was a very senior-level recruiter) and then the VP who would be the supervisor. The recruiter interview was formal, nothing unusual, just standard questions about experience and other resume-related topics. The second interview with the training VP was a lot of fun. She was wonderfully personable and we discussed many topics, not entirely related to training. Unfortunately she was seeking someone who would be willing to stay at the assistant level for the long term, and I made it clear I intended to attend grad school to move into learning development work. Total interview time was 2.5 hours, with perhaps only 15 minutes of that spent filling out forms or waiting for the interviewers.

The only negative experience was waiting for the verdict. The HR person promised that all candidates who interviewed would be notified one way or the other "soon", which turned out to be 3.5 weeks later. Notification was by generic e-mail, saying thank you for your interest, although we don't have any suitable positions now we'll keep your resume on file. That sounds like the same rejection letter an unsolicited resume would have received, and thus left a poor final impression of the company.

I could not get a very clear impression of the general work culture at Chevy Chase Bank as I met so few employees and the HR interviewing office was isolated from the rest of the office areas. As a long-established financial institution, the overall atmosphere was corporate conservative, but not ultra-conservative. This was before the mortgage crisis really hit, and before this prosperous regional bank had to sell out to a larger institution. I have no idea what it's like there now. I think I would have liked working there, and would have really enjoyed working for this VP, but don't know if the position or department even exists now after the merger.

Interview Questions
    • (sorry, I can't think of any questions that were particularly unusual - obviously none were memorable after several months!)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

face to face interview

Human Resources Assistant II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank.

It was a good hiring and interview process. I meet with the hiring manager and the decision maker during the interview process. They asked good relevant questions. They also provided history of the organization and an overview of the position and their expectation of the person who is hired into the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I perceived to be difficult or that I could not give an example or explanation   View Answer
    They asked my expectation on the front end of the process so there was no negotiation needed. They met my requirements in terms of salary and start date.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in March 2012.

Chase contacted me via phone two weeks from the date I submitted my application.
    I had a short phone interview and set up an interview the following week.
    The man who interviewed me was extremely professional and the questions were more
    based on my experience with customer service and my knowledge of handling
    cash.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in February 2010.

This was internal posted job interview.

Practically no negotiation took place.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in March 2009.

after applying online I received a phone interview from h.r, followed by a 1 on 1 interview with district manager, then a 1 on 1 interview with branch manager. It is a retail sales job, so you must be able to upsell current and potential customers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chevy Chase Bank in August 2008.

The Interview process consisted of a phone interview and a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate salary