Chicago Board Options Exchange

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received a job description via email from their HR department. I replied back that I didn't meet all their requirements. Two weeks later, they contacted me again, saying they will still interview me for the position. The next day I scheduled a phone call with their HR department to get an overview of the job. I scheduled an in person interview with the manager and the director of the department.

Interview Question – There was a written test. And since I didn't meet the requirements, some of the questions we knocked off which was very nice.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very well and thoroughly conducted interview process. Professional but also not too intimidating.

Interview Question – What Skills are you looking to get from the job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Investigator Interview

Investigator
Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2009.

Interview Details – It went very well. Very laid back and quick. Everybody was very nice and helpful and got back with me very quickly.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in April 2011.

Interview Details – You pretty much need to know someone to get into the Intern Program. An executive then tells HR to put you in program and they do. They call and see what you want to do and where you think you will learn the most.

Interview Question – What do you want to accomplish through this internship?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online through experience.com and received an email response back from the company the next day. They did an initial phone call interview to get a feel for me. I was then invited in for an interview with two individuals from the department. I was invited back for a second round where I met with the entire department. I received a call to tell me that it was close, but that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Which do you think is more important: loyalty or integrity?   Answer Question
  • How do you best like to communicate with other members of the department (i.e., phone, email, in-person, etc.)?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Examiner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange.

Interview Details – my resume was submitted by a referral, then got a phone call from HR telling me about 2 possible roles. following that, they brought me in on a group interview with a bunch of other candidates, met with 2 managers. about a week later they emailed me letting me know they would like to bring me in for the final round interviews. I met with the manager, and vp of the group. about 7-8 days later i got the call that they would like to extend an offer

Interview Question – tell me what you know about options?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pretty straight forward, they even told me previously this is there maximum offer, and if i didnt feel it was enough I shouldnt continue the interview process.

Worked for Chicago Board Options Exchange? Contribute to the Community!