Chicago Board Options Exchange Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chicago Board Options Exchange

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2014.

I received a job description via email from their HR department. I replied back that I didn't meet all their requirements. Two weeks later, they contacted me again, saying they will still interview me for the position. The next day I scheduled a phone call with their HR department to get an overview of the job. I scheduled an in person interview with the manager and the director of the department.

Interview Questions
    • There was a written test. And since I didn't meet the requirements, some of the questions we knocked off which was very nice.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in April 2014.

Very well and thoroughly conducted interview process. Professional but also not too intimidating.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in February 2014.

All applicants must apply via Human Resources with their resume and cover letter in late fall. In the winter, there was a phone interview in which applicants were asked about their interests in the industry and the company intself. In the spring applicants are notified via phone call on whether they received the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite general - "What interests you most in working for an exchange?"   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter for the position. It was a great interview process and very efficient, however I felt like they could have been faster making a desicion. I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by an onsite interview with the hiring manager, a group of peers, and the Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Vice President asked some very specific technical questions   Answer Question

Seemed like a great group and a great organization, but I wasn't ready for a move.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in April 2011.

You pretty much need to know someone to get into the Intern Program. An executive then tells HR to put you in program and they do. They call and see what you want to do and where you think you will learn the most.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to accomplish through this internship?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2009.

It went very well. Very laid back and quick. Everybody was very nice and helpful and got back with me very quickly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange in May 2008.

Applied online through experience.com and received an email response back from the company the next day. They did an initial phone call interview to get a feel for me. I was then invited in for an interview with two individuals from the department. I was invited back for a second round where I met with the entire department. I received a call to tell me that it was close, but that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you think is more important: loyalty or integrity?   Answer Question
    • How do you best like to communicate with other members of the department (i.e., phone, email, in-person, etc.)?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chicago Board Options Exchange.

my resume was submitted by a referral, then got a phone call from HR telling me about 2 possible roles. following that, they brought me in on a group interview with a bunch of other candidates, met with 2 managers. about a week later they emailed me letting me know they would like to bring me in for the final round interviews. I met with the manager, and vp of the group. about 7-8 days later i got the call that they would like to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    pretty straight forward, they even told me previously this is there maximum offer, and if i didnt feel it was enough I shouldnt continue the interview process.

Worked for Chicago Board Options Exchange? Contribute to the Community!