Chicago Bridge & Iron

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Scheduler Interview

Senior Scheduler

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Interview Details – Hired in as contract

Negotiation Details – no

Facility Coordinator Interview

The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a telephone call from the recruiter at The Woodlands location that I had applied at. She seemed pessimistic, as if she wasn't expecting much. She called me back a few days later to schedule an in-person interview with the department. I arrived at my interview 10 minutes early, checked in with the receptionist, and waited in the lobby. Right on time, one of the interviewers brought down a candidate who wanted to drop by HR. The interviewer escorted me to the top floor to meet with the department head. They discussed the basic operation of the company -- they seem to buy up other companies. Their original function --- building bridges -- was no longer even in their portfolio. They are mostly acquisitions. They told me a little about the job itself. When they buy up other companies, they then add the buildings and equipment to a database. The job was responsible for maintaining the database. They made it sound like it was difficult, but keeping an excel document, imo, is a piece of cake. Perhaps they were leaving out a lot of details. I honestly didn’t get a good feel for the job. I thought it was a bit below me so already knew I would most likely pass if offered. I did learn that they were expanding and building another building in The Woodlands. One odd thing stands out, she remarked that dress here was “professional”. No one’s ever mentioned that to me in a job interview before. They were pleasant enough but I didn’t click at all with them. Not sure if it’s just me, but I get this weird feeling that they are like Enron. She also told me that they work the 9/80 shift, where you work 9 days and then have every other Friday off. “But you don’t always get the Friday off”. Definitely Pass.

Interview Question – They hardly asked me any questions, so nothing was too difficult. In fact, the only question they asked, was this job something I would be interested in.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist III Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone call, from a former Shaw employee that I worked with and he asked if I would be interested in the trraining position that I had turned down the year prior. Expressed my money requirements and got the offer letter.

Interview Question – Telling me that I had to shave my beard and did I have an issue with that requirement   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was handled very professionally and it went smooth. HR and the managers remained honest and kept in contact with me at all times.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself with the company in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very smooth. They offered a very competitive salary.

Project Business Administrator Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Shaw Environmental before it was CB&I Federal Services. Interviewed with 6 different people.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Take it or leave it

Engineer Interview

Engineer
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was based on how you presented your self with people. If you get a face to face it comes down to are your body language during the interview. Interested, paying attenition, can hold conversation.

Interview Question – Pacquiao or Mayweather   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negation available

Senior Scientist Interview

Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Interview Details – very efficient in hiring if they do want you.

Interview Question – no difficult questions. just ask your previous related experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for base pay. ask more sign-on bonus

CTP Interview

Interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron

Interview Details – After an internship with the company, I was sent a FedEx package the following year with information pertaining to the CBI Training Program. No interview questions.

Interview Question – As I had no interview I will list the interview questions from the previous year with my internship. Mostly it inculded stuff about school, classes, extracurriculars, etc.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Interview Details – Interviewed In Houston Office. Very professional, informing,detailed.

Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chicago Bridge & Iron.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, within one week I was contacted. The following day I want in for the interview, and spoke with 5 people. They didn't seem to question my knowledge, just more about who I am.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Chicago Bridge & Iron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chicago Bridge & Iron interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chicago Bridge & Iron employees and interview candidates.