Chicago Police Department

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Police Detective Interview

Police Detective

I applied through other source and interviewed at Chicago Police Department.

Interview Details – One achieves the rank of Detective by way of competitive exam and a prior history of exemplary work experience. There is, of course, a progression through the ranks and everyone starts out as a Probationary Police Officer before moving on to the status of Police Officer. All promotions accrue from that base.

Negotiation Details – There was no entry interview, as such, when I was hired. One applied for the job and then took an exam. I would recommend that applicants be educated and literate.

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Chicago Police Department in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on-line for the position. I received a letter for interview within 1.5 months. I received several calls to set-up an interview shortly after receiving the letter. I was then told that I had to have a background check at the time of interview. My interview was set-up approximately 2 months after applying.

I met with two representatives that asked a series of questions. I was not given an opportunity to ask any questions and was then directed to a computer lab to take a typing test to describe my qualifications. I was then told the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Evidence Coordinator Interview

Evidence Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chicago Police Department in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was a dog and pony show. The individual was already predetermined for the position. The interviewer acted as if it was legit and went through all the motions. It was a complete sham as is most internal open positions within the Chicago Police Department. The Chicago Police Department is well known for nepotism and favoritism. I should have known better. I will never again subject myself to this type charade.

Interview Question – Why should you have this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Chicago Police Department? Contribute to the Community!