Chicago Police Department

Unclaimed Profile

Chicago Police Department Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chicago Police Department

Police Detective Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Chicago Police Department.

Interview

One achieves the rank of Detective by way of competitive exam and a prior history of exemplary work experience. There is, of course, a progression through the ranks and everyone starts out as a Probationary Police Officer before moving on to the status of Police Officer. All promotions accrue from that base.

Negotiation

There was no entry interview, as such, when I was hired. One applied for the job and then took an exam. I would recommend that applicants be educated and literate.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chicago Police Department (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line for the position. I received a letter for interview within 1.5 months. I received several calls to set-up an interview shortly after receiving the letter. I was then told that I had to have a background check at the time of interview. My interview was set-up approximately 2 months after applying.

I met with two representatives that asked a series of questions. I was not given an opportunity to ask any questions and was then directed to a computer lab to take a typing test to describe my qualifications. I was then told the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chicago Police Department in February 2008.

Interview

It was a dog and pony show. The individual was already predetermined for the position. The interviewer acted as if it was legit and went through all the motions. It was a complete sham as is most internal open positions within the Chicago Police Department. The Chicago Police Department is well known for nepotism and favoritism. I should have known better. I will never again subject myself to this type charade.

Interview Questions