Chicago Trading Company

Chicago Trading Company Trading Assistant Interview Questions

3.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in February 2014.

First round phone interview - a few behavioral questions, majority of the interview was mental math with large numbers, fractions to decimals and brainteaser/probability questions.

Second round is super day at their Chicago office. They fly you to location and put you in a hotel. More technical questions expected, a series of half hour one-on-one interviews, Excel case study, mock trading game, tour of office, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What angle does that clock make at 4:15?
    If you have 100 red and white marbles and had to place them in two separate jars - how would you distribute the marbles to give you the highest chance (EV) of getting a red marble when you are blindfolded? You have to use all the marbles.
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chicago Trading Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in October 2013.

Initial interview through campus recruiting, mostly mental math and brainteasers. Next there was a rigorous two day onsite interview which consisted of everything from programming tests, aptitude tests, mock trading and 6 individual interviews. Very competitive process in which nearly every applicant was from an engineering, cs, or math background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in February 2012.

First round interview, some very basic mental math problem like 2 digit multiplications and some brain teasing questions. Didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Roll a fair dice, if it's a prime number, you pay me that number times $100, if it's not a prime number, I pay you that number times $100. Consider 1 as a prime number. How much willing to pay to play this game.   View Answers (6)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in December 2010.

Got an interview through college recruitment in a target school. Typical trading interview on par with the others. I botched a couple easy questions so didn't receive an offer. The interviewer was friendly and helped me along with the questions I screwed up on. This was my first trading interview so didn't know what to expect but after going on a few others it was quite standard and not super difficult. I believe there is another round of interviewing I never made it to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in October 2010.

Mental Math, probability questions, market experience, the past success and fail

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in October 2009.

First a 2 on 1 on-campus interview. A couple of brainteasers and a couple of questions about my background. After that they flew me over to Chicago for a full day. First visit their trading floor and the exchance, then some sort of IQ test with mental arithmetics and "complete the sequence" kind of questions. Then a case study involving probability (using Excel). After that a presentation with the heads of education (Natenberg) about what the firm does and what their education program is about. Then lunch with a couple of traders. After lunch 4 one-on-one half hour interviews back to back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chicago Trading Company in February 2008.

Mostly quantitative questions. You will have to go over your resume, do a lot of mental math in your head - division, multiplication, etc. but with large numbers; solve number problems. Do not need to have a background in finance or trading - just need to show you're intelligent. Ask a lot of questions.

Rather not say.

Trading Assistant Interview

It is good. A one to one interview. and then he asked me some numerical question, such as 20*12. also asked my hobbies. I answered cooking.