Chicago Twenty Something Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
11 interviews

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

The response to my application was very timely. The interviewer was friendly and the company itself seemed to have a very relaxed atmosphere. They asked questions about how you would get people out to one of their events, and what you'd bring to the company. Very standard questions. However job seemed more like a promoter and less like a marketing associate. You must be comfortable using your friends/network to make money.

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

Did Skype interview through campus recruiting

Full Time Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

2 Round Interview Process. First round interview is fairly standard. For second round interview, you must put on your own paid event at a bar. The amount of people that come out to the event displays the amount of work you put into marketing the event, and shows them if you are ready to do it full time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an unexpected problem that has come up, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

First interview was your average interview. Second interview is a "paid interview" to see how many people you can bring to a bar. Company has overstated job titles, "Marketing Associate" is a generic title, where the position is to get as many people as you can out to certain bars on certain nights.

Part Time Event Planner and Promoter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

To get my interview I simply emailed in my resume. They were very prompt and within two days I had an email to set up an interview. My interview started on time and was very short. They asked the usual questions about why I wanted to work for the company and about myself. It was all very brief.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something.

The first interview is a one on one process that takes about 20 min where they ask basic interview questions. The second interview in trial run where you are to bring 100 people out to the event to show how big your network is as well as showing how you market through social media

Full-time Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something in February 2013.

On campus first interview and second interview they basically use you to plan an event that they can profit off of to see if you can "excel" in the position. Kind of tacky.

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something in February 2013.

15 minute interview at college campus. They asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you think you're a good fit for our company?
    What do you know about our company?

After I asked my questions, they told me they would contact me in a week if I got a second interview. They told me the second interview would be to work an event and bring 100 people. The second interview is paid, and supposedly leads toward a full time position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to plan an event for us and had to bring a certain number of people, how would you go about that?   View Answer

I declined the second interview because it is clear they are making a lot of money off the second interview. They have five full time employees, interviewed 85 candidates at my campus, and I'm sure asked at least half to second interviews. This must be how they create awareness and continue making money without hiring anyone full time. Now I'm on their staff list as a free lance worker who can make money for whoever I bring to their events--totally smart for them, possibly beneficial for me, but not what I want in my career.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something in September 2011.

you may meet with the CEO who may or may not have just rolled out of bed from last nights party. don't dress up. first interview is asking you how many people you know and how you can leverage social networking to make them come to your event. second "interview" is inviting all of your friends to an event on a friday/saturday night. they are looking for you to get around 100 people to come out

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chicago Twenty Something in May 2012.

You have a 1:1 interview, then you have to plan an event and have 100 people show up.

Interview Questions

Worked for Chicago Twenty Something? Contribute to the Community!