Chick-fil-A Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Met at a job fair at school and had an interview on campus very soon after. Later received email to fill out an online application. They decided to move forward and I flew down to headquarters twice for full days of interviews then they called me a couple weeks later to offer me the position.

Systems Roll Out Coordinator (IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Very time consuming. Multiple interviews (phone, 2 in-person, and then a 2nd in-person) with multiple people. For example, for my first in person interview, I meet with 3 people. All three asked the same questions...and when they say tell me about yourself...they mean from the time you were conceived by your parents up until the very moment you landed in that chair in front of them. If you dont have a stellar family situation/background, I would avoid the company. My next round of interviews lasted all day!! Literally. I met with about 5 or 6 people. I lost count. It felt like a marathon. I was sooo exhausted from talking, which was odd because I was a teacher. Their level of scrutiny was just that intense. I wasnt told I was going to be there all day (9/10am-5pm) so be prepared for that with the 2nd interview. I didnt make it past this point, but I must say that the work environment reminds me of a hamster on a wheel.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very typical, however, they are trained to go through your resume with a fine-toothed comb. Be prepared to discuss EACH entry.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

The process is a marathon. (Not a sprint.) The application process takes you all the way back to junior high and high school data. The on-site interviews were back-to-back all in one day. (Eight or nine to be exact.) There is a black-hole of communication that occurs between interviews. I didn't hear anything for four months and was then called back for another round of on-site interviews. (Two days back-to-back.) I asked about the culture in every single interview and what I heard was a far cry from what I actually experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Was I ready/willing to remove the cartilage earring that I was wearing in one ear?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate a thing. (Not my style. But if it is your style, I definitely recommend you do it!)

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in August 2014.

Filled out an application and scheduled a first interview. First interview went really well - just make sure you answer all of the questions the best way you can, be honest, and do not forget to smile. Got called in for a second interview three days later. I was interviewed by another manager and was asked another series of questions. I got a call later on the day of the second interview with the good news.

Interview Questions
    • How do you like to be managed? What is difficult for you?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in April 2014.

In summary, the hiring process for an accounting position at Chick-fil-A is time consuming, redundant, and attempts to gauge how pious you are. A more detailed description of my experience can be found below.

Application Process: The process started with a simple click of the mouse for an upload of my resume. That was followed by an e-mail a week later inviting me to fill out an even more detailed application, including 5 essay questions relating to qualifications, why you want to work there, and why in particular you are applying for that position.

Interview Round 1: Next I was invited to take the “general accounting exam”, which consisted of an hour long test on basic accounting material, done at a specified time on a specified day at the main Chick-fil-A campus (Only 9:00 am on Wednesday’s when I took it). I received a call about 2 weeks later telling me I had done well on the exam, and would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Round 2: A skype-type round of 2 interviews via computer was scheduled next. It consisted of back to back 1 hour interviews with two people. Although the format was remote, again scheduling was extremely difficult. The interview consisted of standard behavioral type interview questions, mostly interested in resume material and personal background, including “who you are” and “what do you do in your spare time”.

Interview Round 3: The big day. I was to interview 5 different people over 4 hours. It started with lunch at the on-site Chick-fil-A cafeteria with two managers in the department I had applied for. They were very pleasant and personable, and the cafeteria is a very nice perk for employees. Later in the day I met with a higher level manager, and the head of the department. I ended the day with a representative from HR. The interviews consisted of standard behavioral type interview questions, mostly interested in resume material and personal background, including “who you are” and “what do you do in your spare time”. I was told that I would be notified sometime in the next few business days if I were chosen to continue the process. The HR representative called me 2 hours later (after business hours), and told me to call her cell phone. I did, and she told me they had met and agreed that afternoon I should move forward, and she was calling ASAP to schedule the next round of interviews so I could move forward in the process.

Interview Round 4: I order to keep the process moving, I had to meet again very quickly, or risk not having another interview for over another month due to scheduling concerns. This is due to the fact that you are required to interview with multiple high level individuals in the organization. The first two were much less friendly than those folks the previous rounds. Interview questions again focused mostly on resume material and personal background, including “who you are” and “what do you do in your spare time” and were both 1 hour in length. At this point I was becoming uncomfortable in the process, including the types of people I was meeting, and the “culture” of the organization as I was beginning to understand it. I decided to continue on since my next round of interviews was already scheduled for the following Monday.

Interview Round 5: The “Final Interview”. This was the 5th time I had been to Chick-fil-A HQ. The first interviewer was generally friendly, but very probing about my personal life. The second interviewer seemed un-interested before the interview even started, and failed to put much effort into it. Most interview questions were about my personal background, including “who you are” and “what do you do in your spare time” At that point based on the cumulative effect of all the interview experiences, I knew I couldn’t work in such a group-think organization. I had been through 5 rounds of interviews with 11 different people for 11 hours total, and most of the questions they kept asking me were redundant. Not sure if they don’t communicate, or were just trying to illicit a different response out of me.

Conclusion: 2 days later I received a phone call from telling me I wasn’t a “good fit”, no other explanation. At that point, I was relieved to be done with the process. In the end, the process was a waste of time, but has made me appreciate my current position much more.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

First interview asked basic questions and was relatively easy, the manager used a paper that had questions and took notes, asked me about work hours and personal questions like how would your friends describe you, tell me about yourself, your activities etc. Then I immediately had another one on one interview with the operations manager who was much more friendly, he asked similar questions. He also asked questions about where i wanted to work- counter, kitchen, floor, and drive thru and gave descriptions of all of them. They really like friendliness and politeness, I stood up to shake their hands which the second manager said impressed him. Smiling a lot also helps

Interview Questions
    • Describe your hero and why, how do you know if you've had a bad day   Answer Question

Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in January 2014.

After sending in my application online, I received an email asking to set up a phone interview. After we set up a phone interview, I was called a week later and the interviewer just walked me through my resume and wanted to hear more details about what I had put on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions, just wanted to see if I was personable, but they asked what my strengths and weaknesses were   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in October 2013.

Applied online through college career center, had phone screen, invited to Atlanta for 2 1-on-1 interviews and an aptitude test, then had 4 references contacted. I guess my references weren't up to par because after speaking with them, I was told I would not proceed to the next level which would be another in-person interview in Atlanta with the executives of the department. Overall, good experience; provided airfare, hotel, lunch. Just slightly annoyed that rather than getting rejected due to how I answered interview questions, it was because of my previous employers.

Intern At Chik Fil A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Applied through the career center of my school and I got a call a week later for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company   View Answer

Accountant (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Submitted my resume in March. About a week later received an invitation to do corporate staff application. Was contacted within a week to do a phone interview. After that, I was invited to do rounds of in-person interviews. The first round included submitting five references (each reference spent 30 minutes on the phone with them), an accounting test (did really well and finished in less than half the time limitation), interviews with one lady in talent acquisition and two ladies that work in financial services, and had lunch with a group of about 4 ladies who work as managers in financial services. Second round of interviews was with director of talent acquisition, director and senior director of financial services, and one of the VPs. The last round was with the VP of financial services. The entire process start to finish took about three months. The day after my interview with the VP of financial services, I received a call saying that I did not get the job. I was told it was due to the fact that I was not qualified enough-- despite being highly qualified for it (it is an entry level position and I graduated at the top of my class with many awards). They are very thorough and want to know about every possible aspect of your life. As others have stated, you have to fit in with their culture. Even after following up, nobody ever told me how I was not specifically qualified for the position. I really do feel as though it was due to personal reasons. Be prepared for a lengthy process with still the possibility of being turned down. Every level of leadership seemed delighted about my qualifications until the very last round. There is a possibility of being led on for three months and still not get an offer. Everyone there does seem to love their jobs and are (for the most part) friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your life from birth till now. Why did you decide to make the decision you made in high school about _________?   Answer Question