Chick-fil-A GENERAL MANAGER Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and scattered. 5 total interviews after which I was informed by a director (via email) that I need not come in for on the job interview as they were looking in a different direction. All interviews were the same and asked very general questions to establish character. No relevant questions on actual knowledge of restaurant operations. One interview step was to meet with 3 people. Ownership and directors of some title. Showed up on a Saturday only to find owners were not in and told I would need to reschedule with ownership. Irritating! The staff did seem sorry for my time being wasted and offered me a free meal. I ordered and before the cashier could finish ringing it up a bag was handed to me with the order. FAST right!? I ordered the spicy chicken with mayo and pickle. Took bag and thanked them. Got in my car to find it was missing mayo. The sandwich itself was vary average. I could tell it was previously cooked and held in a hot holding bin. I do pride my talents on quality food preparation and thank GOD I did not get this job. Their food is anything but fresh or flavorful. On a side note, I noticed the directors and ownership standing around and talking quite a bit while others did all the work. All of them were females in the late 40-60 range. Being male I got the feeling I did not fit into their equation. Turns out most of them were friends through a local church and that is how they got hired. Ownership admitted to having no previous restaurant operation skills. It showed. While I read and appreciated their work environment, they do not hire based on experience or talent. The franchisees are let to run their stores as they see fit. Huge mistake for owners that know nothing about managing operations.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Even though I went through 5 interviews, I was never asked managerial or operational related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chick-fil-A

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was called in for one interview. Interview was about 20 minutes long. I received a call the next day informing me that I had received the job. I came in the following week for an initial day of watching training videos and then began working and hands on training.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part about working in a fast pace restaurant and dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avon, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Avon, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

Left my application two times because they lost the first one. The team manager at that time was not careful enough about hiring quality people. there was a group click I had to break through to be accepted and get the team to work together. Thankfully it was the social interaction talent I have that gave me an edge. Once the interview with the owner happen after he made me wait an hour to test my patience, he hired me immediately, it was the right timing.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals working for Chick-fil-a? Before interview, Get informed about the company as much as possible to impress your interviewer about your focused decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, I took the job because I was desperate for money. They don't pay much but the teamwork environment is great!

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A in April 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview and the two interviews with management. They really try to get to know you at the core because it is a family environment. Close nit. They have a lot of perks and it is awesome they are closed on Sundays. They ask typical interview questions and are very friendly. always offered a free meal with each interview which I took as a test. Maybe not, but I do believe if you ordered a bunch of stuff they would perceive it as greed.....needless to say, I ordered simple items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. They want to know about you personally, not your typical business response. If you give a business response they will let you know that's not what they want from you.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A in August 2008.

Interview

hired from within, not really any interview process

Interview Questions

• great value is put on flexibility, organization and people skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

none..i accepted what was offered