Chick-fil-A Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.3

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

They go through 2 interviews to choose a team member. I was told that all team members are required to work at least 1 Saturday per month. At that location they provide1 uniform for part timers and 2 for full timers. You are required to buy solid black shoes (but the colors chosen vary by location)

Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Hired as Team Member first. While Working as a Team Member you must take tests for each position, passing scores provide a 25 cent raise. Once all tests are completed you are eligible to apply for the Team Leader position.

Interview Questions
    • Various scenarios involving safety, guest service, and leadership capabilities.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, Full-time, hourly wage of $10.60

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Called 3- 6 months after applying for an opened position to set up an interview. When I went, was asked how much I was expecting to get paid. Was opened and was asked again for an amount. Then was told no one makes that amount. ( used current salary in industry / experience = $)

Interview Questions
    • Offered a cashier's position to me b/c he didn't know me and wanted to see how I work B 4 promoting me. My resume and experience didn't matter. They offer insurance but do not pay for any of it. Told me I could call him if I had any questions.   View Answer

Applied for a Manager in Training position.( have Management experience already was willing to accept a little lower position). He offered me a cashier position b/c he didn't know me, my resume & experience did not matter to him. They offer insurance, but do not pay for any of it. The pay at the Company is really low. I can't believe he had my resume for 3- 6 months B 4 he called 4 an interview to offer me a low pay job that wouldn't even pay for insurance & or gas in my car. It made no sense to set up the interview. I thought it was a Christian Company... maybe I should guess again. Bait and switch is of The Devil not The True God that we, yes, we Christians believe in. SO Disappointed in this experience.

IT Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

I filled out the online application and submitted a copy of my resume. Within 48 hours, I received an email asking me to fill out a staff application. Most of the application was just a re-hash of my resume except for the five essay questions. Pretty basic stuff: why do you want to work here, what are you doing to improve yourself professionally, where do you see yourself in five years, etc.

I was emailed a few days later and asked to take part in a phone interview. The interviewer was an HR recruiter. The interviewer was very put off that I didn't know any current employees at the corporate office. I almost felt like I was being accused of lying about the former employees that I listed since they didn't show up in the corporate directory; the application explicitly said "current or former" employees. She ran through my application and resume with me and it became apparent through the process that the job listing on the web site didn't adequately describe the actual job. The job listing only covered a very small portion of the responsibilities.

After the phone interview was over, I was told that there would be at least two (possibly three) in person interviews. Between the first two in person interviews, I would have to submit three personal and three professional references. I was also told to expect a phone call in the next week which never came. All I got was the "we're not interested" email a week+ after the phone interview.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

The process is a marathon. (Not a sprint.) The application process takes you all the way back to junior high and high school data. The on-site interviews were back-to-back all in one day. (Eight or nine to be exact.) There is a black-hole of communication that occurs between interviews. I didn't hear anything for four months and was then called back for another round of on-site interviews. (Two days back-to-back.) I asked about the culture in every single interview and what I heard was a far cry from what I actually experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Was I ready/willing to remove the cartilage earring that I was wearing in one ear?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate a thing. (Not my style. But if it is your style, I definitely recommend you do it!)

Cashier At Chick-fil-a Interview

The manager was very nice during the interview and explained I would be making more money than everyone else and I could get a free meal on every shift which I thought was very cool and of course he mentioned they were closed on Sundays so that was awesome to hear the we took a tour of the restaurant and discussed start dates

Interviewed With Company Interview

This was back in 2000 when there were paper applications at the stores. I went to one of the stores in Knoxville, TN and picked one up, filled it out there in the store, handed it to the manager who read though it right there and asked if I was available on the spot for an interview. I said I was so we went and sat down in the office in back and he asked me about my availability excluding Saturdays and why. I told him that its the day my family and I attend church.

Interview Questions
    • "We're a Christian owned and operated store so if you're not willing to work Saturdays because you choose to go to church that day instead of Sunday like everyone else does then we have no place for you here at Chick-fil-A."   View Answer

Franchise Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in September 2014.

Very detailed interview conducted via webcam. No real trick questions but very thorough. All done via webex. Be sure your camera works on your computer. Interviewer was very nice, very professional and friendly. They told me that thousands had applied, hundreds got the opportunity to fill out the management application and 10-20 reached the video interview stage. I gues I felt good making it that far.

Interview Questions
    • Name an individual who has inspired you. Tell me the specific steps to build your relationship with that person.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Be positive and energetic will help land a job immediately. Showing your potential and willingness to go above and beyond the requirements without having to be told will build rapport with the other employees and managers faster.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

I applied and was called after a few weeks. Scheduled an interview with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview THHEY asked a lot of questions that didn't seem relevant. What my passion in life is, something I value etc. asked the usual stuff on past employment and relevant skills and what not. I got another call where I was told they wanted a second interview but when I got there it was basically I already had the job. I was asked my size for my uniform and my available days were reviewed. I got the packet on information and standards and things to sign.