Chick-fil-A Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

I went in and met with the current manager who is leaving to spend more time with their family. They asked me about previous management expierience and what I liked best about the brand. It was pretty straightforward and no real curve balls thrown.

Interview Questions

• Is there was anything I think I couldn't handle on the job?   Answer Question

Not enough flexibility.

Other Interview Reviews for Chick-fil-A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chick-fil-A (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed directly with Owner and General Manager at the restaurant. Very casual process and much discussion about Chik Fil A culture and customer service. Had to do some reading about policy and procedure.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to forget everything I learned in previous job and do it the Chik Fil A way   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Asked many questions about experience and why you would like to work there

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very slim......accept what you get

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

I interviewed before the store was built so the application process was a little different than it normally would be. There are at least two interviews that everyone must go through; a group interview and a individual interview. During the group interview, you will be asked to do group interactions to see if you are comfortable talking to new people. If you can excel at this then you will more than likely be asked for an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to help make this company better than any other quick service restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Fairfax, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

First phone call to get basic information. Second phone call is a phone interview to gain a little more insight into your career goals, etc. Face-to-face interview with the marketing coordinator (about 15 minutes not difficult). Face-to-face interview with general manager (about an hour) fairly difficult with many questions about your aspirations, view on certain things etc

Interview Questions

• Chick-fil-A's owner strongly believes in the "never-open-on-Sunday-policy". Why do you think he holds to this policy?   1 Answer

A better job presented itself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

They had open interviews and I just so happened to be passing through... I was 17 at the time. The operator asked me back for a second interview which apparently was a big deal. I came back for the second, he asked me back for a third interview... Then he finally offered me the job as a cashier making $7.75/hr. Which is fine when you're 17 and it's your first job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions... I don't think any preparation for the interview is necessary. You do have to sell yourself though... Probably make yourself sound a little more happy and religious than you really are. They like that stuff. "Why do you want to work at Chick-fil-A?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation... When you're 17 you take what you get.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chick-fil-A (Richmond, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was very impressed with the care and interest displayed during the interview process. My first interview was with the store operator and lasted for several hours. Several weeks later I met with two managers and then shortly after spent five hours in the kitchen. After this experience I had another interview with the store operator. I spent close to 10 hours total. Chick-fil-A is not interested in simply finding a warm body to fill a position. They seem to genuinely care that the right person is in each position. The operator was especially gracious, even offering the opportunity for me and my wife to have dinner with his family.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead in a very fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

I have a great amount of respect for the company and will likely be a Chick-fil-A customer for life, thus I declined because of personal reasons. The very fast-paced environment, repetitive nature of the work, and general aversion I have towards fast food all contributed to my decision to withdraw my candidacy for the job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

The process is that applications are put in by paper. Then potential employees are called in for a group interview and given a backstage tour and Be Our Guest card. The group interview is with at least two senior managers. During the group interview we have a couple of group activites that showcase personalites and how people interact with each other. If chosen, you will be called back for a one-on-one interview with the owner/operator and he makes the final decision.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in July 2008.

Interview

Conversed about the job and how i would fit in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple offer accepted

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chick-fil-A in June 2008.

Interview

Hour long interview asking how I would be successful at this position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer made and accepted