Chico's FAS

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with a Store Manager then the District Manager.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was very low.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chico's FAS in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Store Manager first, scripted interview. Interviewed next with District Manager by phone since she was in another city. References were checked and I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, pretty standard customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by four people, store manager, district manager, regional manager and another regional manager outside of district. Interview process was too long and too many. I was shocked at the offer they gave me but they did come up on the rate. My paperwork and rate was messed up when put in the computer which delayed my paycheck.

Interview Question – Basic questions. Just long interviews, interviews were repetitive. two of four interviews were on the phone. Expect to LOOK like the brand in the interview and to dress the part though out your career with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront that the original offer was unacceptable. The store manager said that she would look into it and let me know what she could do. I waited a day to hear from her. It was higher but I felt it was an effort not to have me decline the offer. It was told to me that what I was asking was too much and that it would be made up in the commission sales. Find out how often they have meet monthly bonus. That will help in understanding the success of the store.

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in July 2012.

Interview Details – BAIT AND SWITCH. Filled out an online app. Got a call to setup an interview. They didn't specify for what position, so I did. They said yes, it was for an assistant manager position. The morning of the interview the manager calls and tells me they dont have an assistant manager position open, and that it shouldnt be posted. She tries to talk me into a lead sales position. I politely decline. The same ad is still posted almost everyday for the last couple of months on several job websites.Shouldnt be allowed to lead people on like this.

Omaha, NE

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in August 2009.

Interview Details – I went in to the store and filled out an application. The Manager was there and I was able to talk to her briefly.The next day she called and we worked out a time that I could come in for and interview. When I arrived we went to the back and sat at a small table. She asked many questions about my work experience, and my selling techniques and approach. She asked me how i would approach her and how I would sell her the outfit that she was wearing right now. She asked what were my strengths and weaknesses. She asked for a third reference because they needed three, and I had only listed two. At the end of the interview which lasted about 30 minutes, she said that she would like me to meet and interview with theDistrict Manager. The next evening I met with the District Manager. It was more of a friendly chat between friends and not probing questions. This interview lasted about 15 minutes. I felt it went pretty well. The next afternoon, the Manager called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the position because she had two open- Lead Sales and Assistant Manager. I was experienced enough for the Assistant Manager position. She did ask which position I felt better suited for. I was happy with the wage that she oppered me, and I accepted the position.

Assistant Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at Chico's online and a week pater i got called and was interviewed over the phone. Then they scheduled me for a one on one interview. 1 week later I went into the store and met with the assistant manager. I followed her to her "Office" which was a little table in the stock room covered in crumbs with junk food laying around. She asked me a series of ridiculous intricate questions as if I was going to be working for the CIA. Two weeks later I got a phone call saying I was hired. The pay was pretty sad and the responsibilities I was taking on were a load. The only reason I took the job was because I had no other options.

Interview Question – How will you handle the store when management isn't here?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chico's FAS in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in-store and received call-back from Store Manager. Standard interview questions read from a form.
Interest expressed. Second call to advise a second interview would be forthcoming. Second interview was with Regional Manager, which was very positive and encouraging. 30 days later, I received a call to meet again with the Store Manager and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Very standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate, as I had little background in retail. For those experienced in real boutique retailing and providing styling expertise, ask for more. Chico's values this above all else. The less training required, the sooner you can be on the floor selling.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!