Chico's FAS Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS in April 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with a store manager who was very keen on a face to face interview with her and the DM because my work history was exemplary & perfect for her location. She asked my salary range, of which I gave my minimum expectation. She said that she would reach out to her DM, find out the ranges, and return call with an update the following day. 1 week passed & I did not receive a return call. I called the store & left a message with the ASM. A few days later, my call was returned & I was low balled for salary (a $15,000/year pay cut). I was told that because the job worked on commission that I could potentially make up the difference,because the store was high volume. I gave them the benefit of the doubt & asked to proceed to the next phase. The SM again said she would call me to schedule an interview. She did not call. 2 weeks after the initial interview, I received a call from an ASM from another location letting me know that the position that I was interviewed for was filled with someone who was making a lateral move. She said the SM wanted to know if I was interested in interviewing for that particular store (which was quite a distance away from the original store & also a lower volume), but couldn't call me because she was busy. Ummm...no!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chico's FAS

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chico's FAS (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Online application. Skill test, personality test, Back ground check. Face to face interview with store manager. @ the store your asked to put together outfits for a perspective customer. ( Asking anyone to perform a duty before being hired is not appropriate for two reasons1. You are not on the clock 2. You are not being compensated to do a work related duty that took over 30 min) it's also undermining the skills the candidate has a track record of (resume)

District manager needs to be retrained on proper interview etiquette. Being late, picking up calls, making calls, looking at emails,talking about prior and current staff members ( in a negative light) all while interviewing a person for an assistant manager position, is a clear indication of how unprofessional she is and how she would not be a good leader not worthy of tarnishing my name by working under her.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

This process starts with an online application.

You do two quizzes during this process. Either one could eliminate you right off the bat.

If you make it past that you interview in the store with a manager. Pretty standard interview - they are looking for communication skills, working with people, skills for handling situations (angry customers, shoplifters).

You then do a phone interview with the district manager. Here they are looking for your communication skills, how fast you can think on your feet about dealing with people, dealing with associate feuds, how to handle customer complaints, work ethic, your views on staying within company policy limits.

Then you interview again with the store manager on a set list of questions regarding company policy, performance and your previous sales experience.

Finally you do another face-to-face interview with a district manager.

Then you get a phone call either yes or no. If yes, you are offered a salary for your base pay - try to increase this to at least $15.00 an hour. Otherwise you are stuck with a low base pay for management.

Chico's does not offer great pay raises - max is 33 cents a year. So your base pay is what you will get plus bonuses (which are not easy to make).

Interview Questions

• tell me about a difficult associate situation you had to resolve, what was the situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an fool and did not negotiate the base pay.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

I applied for the position on. Three weeks later I received a called from the store manager. I interviewed the a week later. I then had a second interview with the District Manger. She informed me that they were going to call my references. One week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

procedure phone interview,than face to face,districtmg thant regional mgr

Interview Questions

• nothing at all if you have alot of experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

asked for the maximum salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

with in 2 weeks. every district trains differently, if you move from one district to another they might tell you, that you are violating companies policy and procedure.

Negotiation

easy

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Two interviews with the Store manager, and District Manager. DSM interviews were phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions about loss prevention and how it is handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Send in my application on a Wednesday, was called in on the Thursday. Was interviewed by two store managers and the district sales manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a great offer, better than what the others I work with got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

recruited from different type of customer service, interviewed with store manager who had been interested in having me on the team. very informal circumstances as this store manager had observed my work performance in my previous job

Interview Questions

• give me a time when you overcame an obstacle through teamwork   Answer Question

Negotiation

no, at the time I accepted less than my current salary because there was room for additional earning potential, which was 30% over hourly rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Greenville, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

Went online and applied - submitted my resume. Also a personality/ skills test. Got a call from store manager Because someone i know worked there and saw my app. Met with store manager first then had phone interview with district manager. Offered position to me the next day. She made it sound like I would make alot of $, but sales goals unattainable. Not a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Where do u see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer