Chico's FAS Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Online application. Skill test, personality test, Back ground check. Face to face interview with store manager. @ the store your asked to put together outfits for a perspective customer. ( Asking anyone to perform a duty before being hired is not appropriate for two reasons1. You are not on the clock 2. You are not being compensated to do a work related duty that took over 30 min) it's also undermining the skills the candidate has a track record of (resume)

District manager needs to be retrained on proper interview etiquette. Being late, picking up calls, making calls, looking at emails,talking about prior and current staff members ( in a negative light) all while interviewing a person for an assistant manager position, is a clear indication of how unprofessional she is and how she would not be a good leader not worthy of tarnishing my name by working under her.

Other Interview Reviews for Chico's FAS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in March 2010.

I went to the store in person and met the assistant manager. She spoke briefly with me, gave me an app and asked me to return and speak with the store manager. I interviewed with her and was offered the job and accepted. It was a very positive experience but each store would be different based on the personality and interview style of the interviewing manager of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or out of the ordinary. If anything, questions about the corporation that an associate would not be as familiar with before becoming a manager   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but I wish I had

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in April 2012.

recruited from different type of customer service, interviewed with store manager who had been interested in having me on the team. very informal circumstances as this store manager had observed my work performance in my previous job

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you overcame an obstacle through teamwork   Answer Question
    no, at the time I accepted less than my current salary because there was room for additional earning potential, which was 30% over hourly rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in May 2013.

with in 2 weeks. every district trains differently, if you move from one district to another they might tell you, that you are violating companies policy and procedure.

easy

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

This process starts with an online application.

You do two quizzes during this process. Either one could eliminate you right off the bat.

If you make it past that you interview in the store with a manager. Pretty standard interview - they are looking for communication skills, working with people, skills for handling situations (angry customers, shoplifters).

You then do a phone interview with the district manager. Here they are looking for your communication skills, how fast you can think on your feet about dealing with people, dealing with associate feuds, how to handle customer complaints, work ethic, your views on staying within company policy limits.

Then you interview again with the store manager on a set list of questions regarding company policy, performance and your previous sales experience.

Finally you do another face-to-face interview with a district manager.

Then you get a phone call either yes or no. If yes, you are offered a salary for your base pay - try to increase this to at least $15.00 an hour. Otherwise you are stuck with a low base pay for management.

Chico's does not offer great pay raises - max is 33 cents a year. So your base pay is what you will get plus bonuses (which are not easy to make).

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a difficult associate situation you had to resolve, what was the situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    I was an fool and did not negotiate the base pay.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

I applied for the position on. Three weeks later I received a called from the store manager. I interviewed the a week later. I then had a second interview with the District Manger. She informed me that they were going to call my references. One week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate I was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

procedure phone interview,than face to face,districtmg thant regional mgr

Interview Questions
    • nothing at all if you have alot of experience   View Answer
    asked for the maximum salary

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Two interviews with the Store manager, and District Manager. DSM interviews were phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions about loss prevention and how it is handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in August 2012.

Send in my application on a Wednesday, was called in on the Thursday. Was interviewed by two store managers and the district sales manager.

Interview Questions
    I was given a great offer, better than what the others I work with got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in May 2010.

The interview was easy because I already had retail experience before. They gave me a scenario and told me to pull an outfit appropriate for given scenario. They asked me why I wanted to work for the company. Make sure to dress brand appropriate when going to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. As far as unexpected, see previous response regarding pulling the outfit.   Answer Question

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!