Chico's FAS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate/Style Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

I asked for an application in the store on a friday and the assistant manager was extremely nice and gave me her card as well as emailing me a link to the online application. After filling out the application I was called and set up an interview with the manager for the following tuesday. I tried to wear "chico's style" clothing and was complimented on my outfit and asked to "sell" the outfit. The interview was pretty standard, mostly about how I would fit in at Chico's. I got the call a few hours later offering me the job. I started training that thursday.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $9/hr which is well above minimum wage in Utah, so I accepted.

Fabric Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

After sending resume and cover letter to HR representative I was contacted about a position and briefly interviewed on the phone. Then a few days later an in person interview was set up and they flew me to Ft. Myers. I flew in the night before and interviewed in the morning. After 6 different 45minute interviews (back to back with 1 one-hour interview over lunch) they provided a guided tour of Ft. Myers by a relestae agent! This was very nice and informative -- b/c they take into considration that most of their new employees are relocating

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you if you'd have no experience?   View Answer
    They offered and I accepted.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Dress in Chico's style. Lots of jewelry and current colors. You don't have to have previous sales experience but you do need to indicate a love of fashion and desire to sell.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about past job experience. Why did you leave or are you leaving your current job? Be upbeat. No negatives.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Online application. Skill test, personality test, Back ground check. Face to face interview with store manager. @ the store your asked to put together outfits for a perspective customer. ( Asking anyone to perform a duty before being hired is not appropriate for two reasons1. You are not on the clock 2. You are not being compensated to do a work related duty that took over 30 min) it's also undermining the skills the candidate has a track record of (resume)

District manager needs to be retrained on proper interview etiquette. Being late, picking up calls, making calls, looking at emails,talking about prior and current staff members ( in a negative light) all while interviewing a person for an assistant manager position, is a clear indication of how unprofessional she is and how she would not be a good leader not worthy of tarnishing my name by working under her.

Associate Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Application process was easy, however the Interview was awkward. I barely had time to finish my answers before the next question was given. The interview showed no emotion, so be ready for that. Also be ready to answer questions quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I had questions not even related to the position I applied for. When the interviewer was done asking questions she informed me that the position I just interviewed for was for an Auditing position. Something I never applied for and was not qualified for.   Answer Question

Associate Merchant Interview

I was in a room for 5 hours (with lunch) as several people came through to interview. The process was thorough and I got a good sense of their expectations. Everyone was friendly and responsive. I got a response from HR with 2 days of returning home and was relocated with 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard and within the scope of the job. How do you deal with difficult personalities was the most telling question.   Answer Question
    The salary offer was comparable to NY...in Fort Myers, that goes a long way. I negotiated a few more vacation days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in March 2010.

I went to the store in person and met the assistant manager. She spoke briefly with me, gave me an app and asked me to return and speak with the store manager. I interviewed with her and was offered the job and accepted. It was a very positive experience but each store would be different based on the personality and interview style of the interviewing manager of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or out of the ordinary. If anything, questions about the corporation that an associate would not be as familiar with before becoming a manager   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but I wish I had

Corporate HQ Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

The entire process was very friendly. It was also pretty fast, once they decided to move forward. Great travel benefit to see the city which helps make a decision to move.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chico's FAS in June 2014.

I was contacted by one of the hiring managers and came to the store for an interview. It lasted about 15 minutes and consisted mostly of questions about my prior retail experience. I don't have much, and the manager didn't seem overly impressed by what little I did have. This made me wonder why I was contacted. There weren't any behavioral questions, which I had expected based on reading other reviews of interviews here. I asked her to describe what they are looking for in terms of commission, hours, etc.. Apparently, part-time means VERY part-time, at least at the location I interviewed at. The job hours would only be 5-10 per week. If you get more, it's based on how well you sell. So presumably, if you aren't a top seller, you won't be getting many hours. Also, no one is "full-time" except the managers. I was told that while I wasn't required to purchase and wear Chico's items, I would be required to have the "Chico's:" look, whatever that meant. I couldn't tell from her demeanor whether I had it or not. This might be an okay job for someone who really loves sales or doesn't want to work much, but it wasn't the opportunity I was looking for. Moving on.... I actually just interviewed yesterday so I have no idea if I will be offered the position or not. However, I will decline if offered. I need to work more than this.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to conceal my dissapointment that the job hours would be so minimal. The ad said "Part-time", not "Practically No Time". I wouldn't have applied had I known it was only 5-10 hours per week.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in April 2012.

recruited from different type of customer service, interviewed with store manager who had been interested in having me on the team. very informal circumstances as this store manager had observed my work performance in my previous job

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you overcame an obstacle through teamwork   Answer Question
    no, at the time I accepted less than my current salary because there was room for additional earning potential, which was 30% over hourly rate

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!