Chico's FAS

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.4

ASM Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

When I came aboard it was a face to face process. Presently, the application process is more difficult than the interview process. It goes through an assessment before an actual interview. I still believe a face to face interview is more effective. I have witnessed some people that did exceptionally well during the assessment process, but resulted in a waist of time and energy.

Was offered a low pay rate, but enticed into coming aboard due to the possibility of bonuses especially when goals were convinced to be obtainable since there was a great balance between customer/operations focus.

Allocation Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS in October 2014.

One on campus and one at head quarters in Florida. Fort Meyers is a really small beach town with mostly older retirees but their office is really modern and cool.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what makes you qualified for an allocation position in the fashion industry   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

The interview focused on the job and what it entailed. I found I did have a great amount of detail to work with and could focus on the skill set they were looking for without guessing what they were looking for. The interview was 30 minutes. The manager was nice and interviewed professionally and in the traditional style without odd / awkward questions like looking for "weakness" answers. I think they tend to interview quite a few candidates prior to selecting you for hire. The hiring process was long as I had to wait to start for 2.5 weeks and was immediately available.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult questions in the interview - Tell me about yourself?   View Answer
    the range set didn't require negiotiation

Sales Associate/Style Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

I asked for an application in the store on a friday and the assistant manager was extremely nice and gave me her card as well as emailing me a link to the online application. After filling out the application I was called and set up an interview with the manager for the following tuesday. I tried to wear "chico's style" clothing and was complimented on my outfit and asked to "sell" the outfit. The interview was pretty standard, mostly about how I would fit in at Chico's. I got the call a few hours later offering me the job. I started training that thursday.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $9/hr which is well above minimum wage in Utah, so I accepted.

Fabric Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

After sending resume and cover letter to HR representative I was contacted about a position and briefly interviewed on the phone. Then a few days later an in person interview was set up and they flew me to Ft. Myers. I flew in the night before and interviewed in the morning. After 6 different 45minute interviews (back to back with 1 one-hour interview over lunch) they provided a guided tour of Ft. Myers by a relestae agent! This was very nice and informative -- b/c they take into considration that most of their new employees are relocating

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you if you'd have no experience?   View Answer
    They offered and I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Online application. Skill test, personality test, Back ground check. Face to face interview with store manager. @ the store your asked to put together outfits for a perspective customer. ( Asking anyone to perform a duty before being hired is not appropriate for two reasons1. You are not on the clock 2. You are not being compensated to do a work related duty that took over 30 min) it's also undermining the skills the candidate has a track record of (resume)

District manager needs to be retrained on proper interview etiquette. Being late, picking up calls, making calls, looking at emails,talking about prior and current staff members ( in a negative light) all while interviewing a person for an assistant manager position, is a clear indication of how unprofessional she is and how she would not be a good leader not worthy of tarnishing my name by working under her.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Dress in Chico's style. Lots of jewelry and current colors. You don't have to have previous sales experience but you do need to indicate a love of fashion and desire to sell.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about past job experience. Why did you leave or are you leaving your current job? Be upbeat. No negatives.   View Answer

Associate Merchant Interview

I was in a room for 5 hours (with lunch) as several people came through to interview. The process was thorough and I got a good sense of their expectations. Everyone was friendly and responsive. I got a response from HR with 2 days of returning home and was relocated with 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard and within the scope of the job. How do you deal with difficult personalities was the most telling question.   Answer Question
    The salary offer was comparable to NY...in Fort Myers, that goes a long way. I negotiated a few more vacation days.

Associate Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Application process was easy, however the Interview was awkward. I barely had time to finish my answers before the next question was given. The interview showed no emotion, so be ready for that. Also be ready to answer questions quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I had questions not even related to the position I applied for. When the interviewer was done asking questions she informed me that the position I just interviewed for was for an Auditing position. Something I never applied for and was not qualified for.   Answer Question

Corporate HQ Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

The entire process was very friendly. It was also pretty fast, once they decided to move forward. Great travel benefit to see the city which helps make a decision to move.