Chico's FAS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
North Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in March 2010.

Interview Details – I went to the store in person and met the assistant manager. She spoke briefly with me, gave me an app and asked me to return and speak with the store manager. I interviewed with her and was offered the job and accepted. It was a very positive experience but each store would be different based on the personality and interview style of the interviewing manager of the store.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult or out of the ordinary. If anything, questions about the corporation that an associate would not be as familiar with before becoming a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I wish I had

Corporate HQ Interview

Corporate HQ

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – The entire process was very friendly. It was also pretty fast, once they decided to move forward. Great travel benefit to see the city which helps make a decision to move.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Sales Associate Part Time

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chico's FAS in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of the hiring managers and came to the store for an interview. It lasted about 15 minutes and consisted mostly of questions about my prior retail experience. I don't have much, and the manager didn't seem overly impressed by what little I did have. This made me wonder why I was contacted. There weren't any behavioral questions, which I had expected based on reading other reviews of interviews here. I asked her to describe what they are looking for in terms of commission, hours, etc.. Apparently, part-time means VERY part-time, at least at the location I interviewed at. The job hours would only be 5-10 per week. If you get more, it's based on how well you sell. So presumably, if you aren't a top seller, you won't be getting many hours. Also, no one is "full-time" except the managers. I was told that while I wasn't required to purchase and wear Chico's items, I would be required to have the "Chico's:" look, whatever that meant. I couldn't tell from her demeanor whether I had it or not. This might be an okay job for someone who really loves sales or doesn't want to work much, but it wasn't the opportunity I was looking for. Moving on.... I actually just interviewed yesterday so I have no idea if I will be offered the position or not. However, I will decline if offered. I need to work more than this.

Interview Question – Trying to conceal my dissapointment that the job hours would be so minimal. The ad said "Part-time", not "Practically No Time". I wouldn't have applied had I known it was only 5-10 hours per week.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in April 2012.

Interview Details – recruited from different type of customer service, interviewed with store manager who had been interested in having me on the team. very informal circumstances as this store manager had observed my work performance in my previous job

Interview Question – give me a time when you overcame an obstacle through teamwork   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, at the time I accepted less than my current salary because there was room for additional earning potential, which was 30% over hourly rate

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate

Interviewed at Chico's FAS

Interview Details – You need to apply online and then you will go through 1 or 2 face-to-face interviews with store management team. You will probably interview with the the manager and at least one assistant manager

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Chico's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Chico's FAS

Interview Details – Easy, at a coffee shop before the store opened, nothing unexpected. Basic retail questions. Manager was freindly, talked about bonuses for sales, showed catalog, must know clients and be able to upsale.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Lead Sales Associate
Panama City Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – Great first impression with the store staff. I did not find the manager that interviewed me to be very positive or engaging. I only took the job because I liked the clothes. They really need to weed out the dead wood in that company, the potential is there, but the lack of inspiration is not.

Interview Question – None, very brief interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – Interviewer was informative as to how position would be and schedule.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chico's FAS in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and then followed up by dropping in at the store I wanted to work in to introduce myself to the manager and let her know my application was online. Received a phone call soon after and then took part in a group interview (4 people).

Interview Question – Do you think you can be successful at selling the Chico's-fas clothing line.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Really no negotiation phase. I wanted to work for this company and their entry level position and salary were fair and acceptable for me. I was basically thrilled to be hired.

In Store Visual Interview

In Store Visual

Interviewed at Chico's FAS

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth. Called store manager and was able to come in and hand in my resume that day. I was called later that day to set up an interview for a week later. Interview was a normal interview. They asked questions pertaining to my past work experience that had to do with the position that I was applying for.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult or challenging time in your career?   Answer Question

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!