Chico's FAS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.4

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Relaxed but thorough. Met with various levels of the company from Manager to VP to President as well as employees outside of the department I was interviewing for. Everyone was great about working around my schedule because at the time I was working. The experience was wonderful - not only did they interview me but I got a pretty good 360 on the organization and the type of people that worked there. Luckily, they were the type of organization I wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• If there was a decision/risk that you had to make/take that could make the company a lot of money or possibly really hurt the company what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate on stock options

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

I applied online for call center representative and received a phone call the second day. Interviewer was a supervisor in the call center and was very welcoming and relaxed. Interview was very short and was asked just a couple of questions about experience.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chico's FAS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I aplied online, 2 days later a HR representative called me and interview, 2nd inter with DM about a week later inter with the Regional Manager. The regional manager was a great, great & genuine personality, all the question were base on my experience giving a lot of examples.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Very undecided when it comes to hiring decisions. I've been contacted by Chico's 2 times in the past year and a half. Have had various phone conversations with the hiring manager. Went in for an in-person interview both times. They took a very long time to get back to me both times, to be told the first time that I'm overqualified and the second time they changed their minds saying that the on-boarding process would take too long and were going to search internally (after completing their skills project).

Any Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

The questions were basic customer service, I had to take an online test, which I later found lying around the back room along with my application with my ss# on for all to see. My references all said no one even checked them

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had children which is completely inappropriate   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get the chance before the mgr started gushing over the bonus program that no one ever gets

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was very easy. Manager made me feel instantly comfortable. Manager was very friendly. She was the most interested in how I come across more than what my experience was in retail. It didn't matter that I had no prior experience in retail, not in the past 30 years, anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been out of work for so long?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. I was told my salary. Mgr WAY overstated commissions I would make.

ASM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

When I came aboard it was a face to face process. Presently, the application process is more difficult than the interview process. It goes through an assessment before an actual interview. I still believe a face to face interview is more effective. I have witnessed some people that did exceptionally well during the assessment process, but resulted in a waist of time and energy.

Negotiation

Was offered a low pay rate, but enticed into coming aboard due to the possibility of bonuses especially when goals were convinced to be obtainable since there was a great balance between customer/operations focus.

Allocation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus and one at head quarters in Florida. Fort Meyers is a really small beach town with mostly older retirees but their office is really modern and cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what makes you qualified for an allocation position in the fashion industry   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

The interview focused on the job and what it entailed. I found I did have a great amount of detail to work with and could focus on the skill set they were looking for without guessing what they were looking for. The interview was 30 minutes. The manager was nice and interviewed professionally and in the traditional style without odd / awkward questions like looking for "weakness" answers. I think they tend to interview quite a few candidates prior to selecting you for hire. The hiring process was long as I had to wait to start for 2.5 weeks and was immediately available.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult questions in the interview - Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

the range set didn't require negiotiation

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chico's FAS (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, The questions were very normal! But they really wanted to know what kind of money did I make at my previous job. As in, did I impact the amount of money coming into the store.

Interview Questions

• What about you previous job made you want to look somewhere new?   Answer Question