Chico's FAS

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in June 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with store manager. A Phone interview appointment was set up with the Regional Manager. It took 30 minuets. Leaning about phone interviews on line helped prepare me. It went very well.

Interview Question – What can I bring to the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for an amount, was told it was in the " ballpark".

Sales Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – Interview with DSM, then SM, then ASM.
Took 3 weeks to finally get the offer.
Many situational questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate.

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – Two interviews. First with the Store Manager & Assistant Manager & the second with the District Manager. Basic interview questions: how do you handle a difficult customer, give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service, etc.

Interview Question – District Manager told me a story about when she was a Manager & her assistant undermined her direction & watched my reaction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Littleton, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in November 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in with an application and got an interview right away. As it turned out they are always desperate to hire there. After speaking with the manager on the phone I had an interview scheduled for the coming week. The whole process went smooth. I got a call back saying I was hired within 2 weeks.

Negotiation Details – It was pleasant due to the fact that it was a good click with the current hiring manager.

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview Details – I submitted an application with my resume. Submitted an online assessment. Interviewed with store manager and DM. DM conducted interview. Hired the following week.

Interview Question – The online assessment, although having only two or three questions, provides an accurate personality profile. The DM, knowing how to interpret the results, immediately addressed every topic I would not have wanted to discuss at all at the interview! We got all the issues out on the table & discussed them - and I was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer that was a little more than my previous hourly pay, plus the opportunity to earn bonuses. Additionally, it was agreed I would be groomed for promotion. I accepted.

Sales Lead

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was first interviewed by phone which was preliminary to see if I am even qualified for job and to see if I actually have an interest in how job sounded to me.
In-person interview took place in a stockroom in store. Taken on tour of a very busy location. Job description made it sound as if I would be making lots of money with commission structure. It all sounded like it could be somewhat lucrative until I went to a few stores to do my due diligence and speak to a couple of people in the same position.

Interview Question – Not really asked any difficult questions. The question asked that might be considered "difficult" is to Name your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – When doing due diligence and upon closer questioning I realized there was no way to make sales goals with the workload of paperwork that this position required and that for $11.00 an hour I would be buried alive in administrative tasks with no time to connect with the consumer to make any sales. Also when I spoke to manager of the store I was considering working in I did not like her attitude she seemed angry and negative. As it turned out she resigned not long after my declining the opportunity.

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Chico's FAS in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and waited, and waited. Eventually was contacted for one on one interview. They seemed to like me so I expected to be called back within the week as I was told. It took six weeks to be interviewed again, this time by a training manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told they could give me the hourly wage I asked for but it didn't turn out that way. Needed the job, so accepted the lower hourly wage expecting to be able to make up the difference with bonuses.

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chico's FAS in November 2009.

Interview Details – Store Manager interviews you for about 30 minutes asking questions about previous experience. THen a meeting with the District manager is scheduled to really discuss why you chose the company and what you hope to bring.

Interview Question – d   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chico's FAS

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!

Chico's FAS Videos

Chico's FAS – Why Work for Us?

About Chico's FAS Inc. The Company, through its brands – Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper, is a leading women's omni-channel specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chico's FAS Sales Lead interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chico's FAS employees and interview candidates.