ChildFund International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ChildFund International

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ChildFund International.

Interview

One interview with panel and one interview with hiring manager. I got a bad vibe from the process and should have listened to my gut.... it did not work out to be a good fit for me.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ChildFund International (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two level--HR and department manager. Largely a chronological interview describing my past work experience and the company's needs. Little discussion of the work environment or the company environment. Was lead to believe by the department manager there was room to grow the position and contribute. Did not realize it was a completely static position with no room for improvement.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ChildFund International (Washington, DC).

Interview

First, over the phone, then in person.

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ChildFund International (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

When I applied for the position, I was very interested in working with an organization that I believed was professional and ethical. I was contacted by the recruiter and we arranged an interview. On the day of the interview, I met with a panel of 4 people. They asked plenty of questions and I thought it went well. I was also asked to take a writing test. That is normal for a position like this. I was given a deadline and met that deadline - no problem. During the interview, I was told that I would be informed of their decision by Wednesday of the following week. When I submitted my writing test - I was informed that they were really busy and that I would be informed of their decision the following week instead. I contacted the office at the end of that week and was informed that the principal decision maker was in Indonesia and would let us know on her return in 2 weeks. 4 after the interview ... I contacted the office. I was informed that the decision maker had returned and that she was in a meeting. They would let me know of their decision by the end of the day. I haven't heard from them since. Candidates take time out of their schedule to go to an interview. They also invest money in gas and presenting the right appearance on the day. If we respect an organization and want to invest the time and money getting the chance to work for them - then should at least return that respect by contacting candidates with a decision in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Although the position was based in Richmond - I was asked if I would be able to travel to 3rd world countries as part of my job. This wasn't in the job description and caught me by surprise.   Answer Question

Senior Level Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ChildFund International in February 2013.

Interview

Special recruiter -- six months. Phone screens, then fly into Richmond, full two days of interviews with staff, peers.CEO and the board. The interviews were disjoined and unclear No onboarding nor materials intended to make you fee comfortable.

Interview Questions

• In my first interview, I was asked, 'What is your religion?" She then switched gears and I was still pondering the stupidity of the question Needless to say, I refrained from asking some pointed questions, but it's one of the dumbest questions I've ever been asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The organization offered what I expected. Lots of 1:1 interviews and panel interviews.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ChildFund International in January 2011.

Interview

I was recruited through a very rigorous process which had more than 3 panel interview and one final discussion with the executive person. The process was clear, and the environment for the interview both, virtual and face to face was fully encouraging as candidate. At the time of offer the negotiation was thorough which made me to request what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing major difficult because of my years of experience I was able to respond   Answer Question