Childcare Network

2.0

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Childcare Network in October 2014.

Director called me on the phone to set up interview 1:1. When I got there I spoke with the assistant director for about 30 min. where she asked me a list of questions she printed out that apparently they had to ask. Then I went to meet with the manager who seemed very blunt with me. She acted put out when I told her I had plans to have my two children in the center with me. She said she may not be able to give me a discount, she only had a certain number to give out and that she had no place for my older son. She then put me in the classroom they wanted me to join and left. I said "The babies are so cute" Got the reply "Yeah, they look cute now!" Nobody seemed to enjoy their job and their hours.

Interview Questions
    • She tried to give me a scenario, which I know I answered correctly, but she was certain I had no clue what I was getting into and wanted to stress how hard this job would be.   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Childcare Network.

I had the job before I even walked in. No, not because I am that good. They were that desperate. They would take anyone which is sad. Must pay for initial and extensive background check.

Interview Questions
    I was told my pay would go up after a few months, but the handbook shows that you are not allowed any raises except after a year.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Childcare Network.

The hiring process was fairly easy because you went in filled out application and had to wait for a week or two, she notice my credentials and hired me one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever harmed a child? That was a unexpected question because if I did I would not have even applied for the position.   View Answer
    The only negotiation was that I would not be able to attend any training or events on Saturdays because of my religious belief. I would recommend Childcare Network because of their benefits.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Childcare Network in June 2013.

only one interview, was not given a tour or introduced to any of the staff, the director only introduced herself by first name, had to completely fill out application again on paper that was already done online, which after hire they lost and had to fill out again,had five questions during interview then it was over took maybe 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All of the answers were open ended. was not asked about past experiences or history   Answer Question
    i need 10-12 an hour and they only gave me 8. which was never agreed upon that was just what showed up on my check

Child Care Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Childcare Network in May 2009.

I was not the perfect candidate as I was too eager and had a positive response that lacked originality to every question. The center had lots of young employees (20's) and the interviewer was young also. I had the impression that I was not going to be hired from the minute that I walked in the door because of my age and lack of specific experience to the job.

Interview Questions
    • predictable questions about experience and interests, it appeared that i was not going to be considered on sight and the interviewer was going through the motions of an interview   Answer Question

Infant Room Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Childcare Network in January 2010.

It was a very easy interview. Not very private, had parents and teachers in and out of the office area. Just asked simple questions like "what would you do if you had a problem with another employee." Went back and observed in the classroom. Was a very short interview. I was hired that day.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not a difficult question, all the questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question