Children's Health Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy - after applying there were three interviews which all went swimmingly.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very simple - past work experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary - they offered me more than what was planned.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long but was interesting. I learned a lot about the company and they seemed to be interested in making sure it was a fit for me and the staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy, they offerred me what I wanted. It was no hassle.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Two in person interviews and a phone interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The process itself took forever. I don't think they were very serious about getting the position filled, which is unfortunate, because after getting here, I found out that the employees had been taking on extra work while the position was vacant. The employees desperately wanted to get the position filled, and management didn't seem to care.
    I interviewed with people who were reading their interview questions from a sheet of paper and just blindly writing down what I said. I got the impression they didn't know what they were looking for, they just needed something to fill up their piece of paper. They were from various areas within Human Resources, and I don't think some of them even knew what the position involved.
    Bottom line, I took the job. I was REALLY attracted to the mission and thought the pros out-weighed the cons. I was wrong. I compromised and now I regret it. I started looking for another job shortly after I got here and realized what I had gotten myself into!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box.   1 Answer
    • Describe the job where you were most productive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent. You accept what they offer you or they choose another candidate. Be prepared to take a pay cut if you have the experience they are looking for. Because of the economy, they are able to pay low due to all of the unemployed HR people out there right now. However, after getting in and seeing their "merit increase" scale, I regret taking a lower offer. The scale is very low, and you will not even get an increase that matches the cost-of-living index. Couple that with rising benefits prices, and it will actually cost you money to work here each consecutive year...

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I wasn't too fond of my interview with Human Resources, since they are not nurses. Most questions were standard such as "What would your old manager's tell us about you..." I interviewed with the nurse supervisors on the floor and was able to talk more about my work experiences, what i can offer, ect...

Interview Questions

• what would your ex managers say about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you're previous coworkers say about you're work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Children's pays off a scale based on experience as an RN, it doesn't matter much if you had experience in the field you're interviewing for or not.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. The transport team has a panel and they ask specific questions in regards to how you handle situations that have either come up or may arise. They also provide you with a skills test to to gauge what your skill level is in order to best fit your orientation process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to correct someone for making a clinical mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my offer. I was satisfied with the initial offer that was made to me.