Children's Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Pct Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

knew someone on the inside so the interview process was very easy for me. Its all about who you know really. Takes a while to get started bc they only do orientation the first of every month.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions... again I already knew the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Once an available position opened up, I was called for an interview. The online submission process is tedious but once it is complete, you can apply to multiple positions and the information remains in their database. The online application consists of demographic info, your work history, clubs or organizations, certifications, criminal history, and online analytical, behavioral, and on occasion, algorithm questions. If you really want a position, I recommend looking up the Department Manager or recruiter of the specific field you are applying for and calling but only if you are qualified. If the manager knows that you are active and looking you are more likely to get a position. Emailing or faxing your resume to a recruiter's also works extremely well. the initial interview may be a phone interview if the manager/supervisor is busy. The secondary interview is in person with the hiring supervisor and usually a team lead or veteran. The questions are mostly behavioral. You will then receive a callback within 48 hours (unless the interviews are opened for a few days longer). After the callback and salary negotiations, you are required to bring in one form of Class A ID (Passport) or 2 forms of class B Identification. A urine drug test and background check is required.

Interview Questions

• Name an time when you made a mistake? What did you do? Did you correct it? If so, How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I casually mentioned my salary requirements during the phone interview prior to setting up the in person interview. This was a great way to save both parties time.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health (Plano, TX).

Interview

One phone screening with HR led to two separate in-person interviews with the department manager and team lead. Department expectations were clearly outlined and the process overall went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions regarding how you responded to previous conflicts with coworkers or how you dealt with difficult customers and what were the outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is willing to negotiate, and I accepted after the offer was modified. Great place to work, so far.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

The application process was long and time-intensive. The process for my application to be accepted took a long time, and my interview was scheduled weeks after I applied. The interview itself took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions that had no applicability to the job position   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

First video interview which you have to record yourself while you are answer the question they ask. Then, the HR manager contacted me for a phone interview with her. The last step is visiting interview which is 2 of one hour face to face interview with manager and coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Not much or unexpected question. They pretty much ask popular behavioral questions   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Transport Paramedic Interview

Interview

There are no intensive clinical questions - almost whole interview was - what would you do in this situation or tell me a time.... - focus on safety and customer service...

Negotiation

They are willing to budge a little..

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy - after applying there were three interviews which all went swimmingly.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very simple - past work experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary - they offered me more than what was planned.