Children's Health

Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.1

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

The application process was long and time-intensive. The process for my application to be accepted took a long time, and my interview was scheduled weeks after I applied. The interview itself took around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions that had no applicability to the job position   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

One phone screening with HR led to two separate in-person interviews with the department manager and team lead. Department expectations were clearly outlined and the process overall went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions regarding how you responded to previous conflicts with coworkers or how you dealt with difficult customers and what were the outcomes.   Answer Question
    The company is willing to negotiate, and I accepted after the offer was modified. Great place to work, so far.

Research Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

First video interview which you have to record yourself while you are answer the question they ask. Then, the HR manager contacted me for a phone interview with her. The last step is visiting interview which is 2 of one hour face to face interview with manager and coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • Not much or unexpected question. They pretty much ask popular behavioral questions   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Transport Paramedic Interview

There are no intensive clinical questions - almost whole interview was - what would you do in this situation or tell me a time.... - focus on safety and customer service...

They are willing to budge a little..

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions
    There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Paramedic Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions
    Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Health in January 2013.

Very easy - after applying there were three interviews which all went swimmingly.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was very simple - past work experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary - they offered me more than what was planned.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Health in June 2012.

The interview process was long but was interesting. I learned a lot about the company and they seemed to be interested in making sure it was a fit for me and the staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    It was easy, they offerred me what I wanted. It was no hassle.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health in March 2012.

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.