Children's Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. The transport team has a panel and they ask specific questions in regards to how you handle situations that have either come up or may arise. They also provide you with a skills test to to gauge what your skill level is in order to best fit your orientation process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to correct someone for making a clinical mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my offer. I was satisfied with the initial offer that was made to me.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The process itself took forever. I don't think they were very serious about getting the position filled, which is unfortunate, because after getting here, I found out that the employees had been taking on extra work while the position was vacant. The employees desperately wanted to get the position filled, and management didn't seem to care.
    I interviewed with people who were reading their interview questions from a sheet of paper and just blindly writing down what I said. I got the impression they didn't know what they were looking for, they just needed something to fill up their piece of paper. They were from various areas within Human Resources, and I don't think some of them even knew what the position involved.
    Bottom line, I took the job. I was REALLY attracted to the mission and thought the pros out-weighed the cons. I was wrong. I compromised and now I regret it. I started looking for another job shortly after I got here and realized what I had gotten myself into!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box.   1 Answer
    • Describe the job where you were most productive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent. You accept what they offer you or they choose another candidate. Be prepared to take a pay cut if you have the experience they are looking for. Because of the economy, they are able to pay low due to all of the unemployed HR people out there right now. However, after getting in and seeing their "merit increase" scale, I regret taking a lower offer. The scale is very low, and you will not even get an increase that matches the cost-of-living index. Couple that with rising benefits prices, and it will actually cost you money to work here each consecutive year...

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long but was interesting. I learned a lot about the company and they seemed to be interested in making sure it was a fit for me and the staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy, they offerred me what I wanted. It was no hassle.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

The application process was long and time-intensive. The process for my application to be accepted took a long time, and my interview was scheduled weeks after I applied. The interview itself took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions that had no applicability to the job position   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

First video interview which you have to record yourself while you are answer the question they ask. Then, the HR manager contacted me for a phone interview with her. The last step is visiting interview which is 2 of one hour face to face interview with manager and coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Not much or unexpected question. They pretty much ask popular behavioral questions   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health (Plano, TX).

Interview

One phone screening with HR led to two separate in-person interviews with the department manager and team lead. Department expectations were clearly outlined and the process overall went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions regarding how you responded to previous conflicts with coworkers or how you dealt with difficult customers and what were the outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is willing to negotiate, and I accepted after the offer was modified. Great place to work, so far.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I filled out my application, and was contacted by one of their recruiters a week later. I interviewed briefly with them, which was followed by an interview with my manager, which was then followed by an interview with my manager and the group of people I'd be directly working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a bit of flexibility in the negotiations.

Senior Instructional Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Process starts with a phone interview. Next step is an onsite interview with the director, manager, and Enterprise Education team. You will also spend some time with the VP, and the director of clinical education.

Interview Questions

• Questions will vary, most unexpected will most likely come when you meet the Enterprise Education team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will get a phone call with an offer and you have an opportunity to accept, decline or present a counter offer.