Children's Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Transport Paramedic Interview

Interview

There are no intensive clinical questions - almost whole interview was - what would you do in this situation or tell me a time.... - focus on safety and customer service...

Negotiation

They are willing to budge a little..

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with the HR representative. Very typical interview from the HR department. Second was with the actual department manager. After that it took forever to hear back from HR if I had the job or not....forever. Everything was very structured and from a interview protocol they follow as far as questions they asked and such. Not too personal at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was according to experience. Rate was determined by HR and not the hiring manager

Pct Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

knew someone on the inside so the interview process was very easy for me. Its all about who you know really. Takes a while to get started bc they only do orientation the first of every month.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions... again I already knew the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Once an available position opened up, I was called for an interview. The online submission process is tedious but once it is complete, you can apply to multiple positions and the information remains in their database. The online application consists of demographic info, your work history, clubs or organizations, certifications, criminal history, and online analytical, behavioral, and on occasion, algorithm questions. If you really want a position, I recommend looking up the Department Manager or recruiter of the specific field you are applying for and calling but only if you are qualified. If the manager knows that you are active and looking you are more likely to get a position. Emailing or faxing your resume to a recruiter's also works extremely well. the initial interview may be a phone interview if the manager/supervisor is busy. The secondary interview is in person with the hiring supervisor and usually a team lead or veteran. The questions are mostly behavioral. You will then receive a callback within 48 hours (unless the interviews are opened for a few days longer). After the callback and salary negotiations, you are required to bring in one form of Class A ID (Passport) or 2 forms of class B Identification. A urine drug test and background check is required.

Interview Questions

• Name an time when you made a mistake? What did you do? Did you correct it? If so, How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I casually mentioned my salary requirements during the phone interview prior to setting up the in person interview. This was a great way to save both parties time.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Two in person interviews and a phone interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I wasn't too fond of my interview with Human Resources, since they are not nurses. Most questions were standard such as "What would your old manager's tell us about you..." I interviewed with the nurse supervisors on the floor and was able to talk more about my work experiences, what i can offer, ect...

Interview Questions

• what would your ex managers say about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you're previous coworkers say about you're work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Children's pays off a scale based on experience as an RN, it doesn't matter much if you had experience in the field you're interviewing for or not.

Par Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Children's Health (Plano, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring Process, from what I have heard tends to be quite hard to get in due to multi levels of background checks and the process alone is quite lengthy. It took approximately 5 weeks for my background check to clear after they offered me a position so BE CAREFUL when providing your two week notice, because you may find yourself temporarily unemployed until they cross their T's and dot their I's. The interview process is different compared to most they ask questions example "how do you handle an upset parent or doctor" and you have to provide a real life example or scenario. It starts off as a one on one interview with HR then from that point you interview with a small panel directly from the specific department. Expect to spend approximately 1-2 hours interviewing... Drink lots of coffee the questions are tedious, and you spend a great deal of time waiting as they write down comments word for word.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in which you were dealing with an irate customer/patient/parent and how did you handle it? what were your steps to resolution   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiating is cut and dry, because it is a not for profit establishment do not expect to make a large sum of money particuarly if looking at pay scales compared to other facilities.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very easy - after applying there were three interviews which all went swimmingly.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very simple - past work experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary - they offered me more than what was planned.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Process starts with a phone interview. Next step is an onsite interview with the director, manager, and Enterprise Education team. You will also spend some time with the VP, and the director of clinical education.

Interview Questions

• Questions will vary, most unexpected will most likely come when you meet the Enterprise Education team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will get a phone call with an offer and you have an opportunity to accept, decline or present a counter offer.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Wonderful communication before the interview via email. Great team. Hiring manager met with me first. She had already reviewed my resume and had thoughtful questions about my experience. Then allowed me to meet with potential coworkers independently so that I could ask questions about the work environment and expectations. Team members gave me tour of clinical spaces. The second interview was several weeks later, where I met senior staff, who were all extremely welcoming and curious about my skill set. I met other clinic staff as well. The second interview was completed with another interview with the hiring manager, who asked more poignant questions about how I feel I could handle responsibilities after learning more about the job expectations. This was the best interview that I have ever had. I felt that the team took care to see how a new hire would potentially fit in their environment and it gave me time to see if I would like to work with the team. Although I was not offered a position (another applicant has better qualifications), all communication was timely and compassionate.