Children's Home + Aid

Children's Home + Aid Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.4

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

The interview was great. We spend lots of time discussing our expectation on the position. At the end of the interview i has a clear understanding of what the position was, and the interviewer has a great understanding of my personal goals in the job. I did not feel like this was your average interview because it consisted of getting to know each other first, this was a great sign for me to notice the company culture, and i must say i was impress! Overall, i am very glad i was able to have the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite class?   1 Answer

Clinical Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

I had one interview with the woman who would ultimately be my direct supervisor. I got a good vibe from the company via the receptionist and my interview started on time. After a quick tour of the building, recently renovated, we sat down t interview. My interview was probably 30 minutes at most and didn't include anything outside of the normal interview questions. I was a little nervous, as expected, and the person interviewing me was pretty stern but did laugh a little. Nothing out of the ordinary. Very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was fresh out of grad school and happy to have an offer (my second one). Therefore, I did not negotiate. Please do! Or you will be stuck with that salary.

Clinical Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

I found the opening online and applied. I got a call within a week and interviewed the following week with the supervisor and then again with the team and VP in about another week. The supervisor offered me the job the next Monday and I started 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• This is hard to recall because it's been quite a while. I remember being asked why I thought people lie (because we do come across people who want to seem different than they really are). I believe the interview questions have since been changed so this might not be helpful.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Rockford, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very detailed as the Supervisor is the most important role in Child Welfare. There are specific questions regarding child welfare. Also specific questions regarding safety of children, court and legal systems, department of child and family services, and supervisory style. Some offices require a few rounds of interviews for this position.

Statewiide Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

5 intense interviews with different groups, with a PI Inventory and work sample.

Interview Questions

• If you had to develop a program Management plan for a services program where would you start and give /outline the steps you would take to complete on the board in the interview room please.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told would be eligible for an increase at 6 months.

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Home + Aid in July 2009.

Interview

The company contacted me for an interview. I designated an interview time two weeks later. The interviewer asked if i would be available within the next two weeks to do an on-site observation, which i did. The atmosphere was very laid back and the people were friendly. I was offered the job a few weeks after the observation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked with children with emotional and behavioral disorder? For example, have you been kicked, hit, or attacked before by clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate