Children's Hospital Boston

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Volunteer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in February 2011.

Interview Details – I emailed the volunteer department and was sent an application. Process took 4+ weeks.

Interview Question – None, basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Temp Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

Interview Details – I reached out to a second degree connection on LinkedIn. Total time from initial communication to verbal offer was one week. Interviews were great - more of a conversation than back and forth question and answer. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. I met with a total of three people.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I read there wasn't much for negotiation. Though I was offered and accepted a position, the offer was revoked due to funding falling through. This was extremely disappointing as I had already been through the entire hiring process and had picked up my badge.

Administrative Associate II Interview

Administrative Associate II
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in November 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter I met with was very helpful and once he had met me and gone over my resumé he set me up on some interviews within different departments. Overall each department's interview is different, but I had positive experiences all around.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. They are upfront about the salary range for the positions and there isn't a ton of wiggle room but they were able to meet my needs.

Ambulatory Services Representative II Interview

Ambulatory Services Representative II
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a 3 step process - after being screened on the phone, I met with the recruiter, then with the potential manager, and then with the team to see if I'd be a good "fit". I think the interview with the recruiter was actually the most indepth, while the other two seemed to be more to get a sense of who I was. Everyone was very friendly and laidback - I recommend just trying to relax and be yourself as much as possible.

Interview Question – One question I had to think about a bit was, "What makes you interested in the administrative side of things?"
Also, the very first question I was asked when I got to the team interview was, "So, how much do you know about this position?"
  View Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter 1 month after submission of application into online portal. Interviewed with PI and other lab members. Took about 1.5 hours total.

Interview Question – Describe a decision that you made that was a failure. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bio Statistician Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR recruiter, short phone interview with manager, then an in-person interview with 3 different groups/people.

Interview Question – Basic questions- biggest strength/weakness, tell me about your technical background, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through our school, got an interview in 2 days. The interviewers asked me some specific questions about my experience in the system they are using.

Interview Question – No.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in for an in-person interview following submission of my CV and cover letter. I gave a 1 hour job talk on my previous research, met individually with other members of the lab, and then went out to lunch with a few lab members where I had the opportunity to ask additional questions. At the end, I met with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in April 2008.

Interview Details – Most "techs" apply directly to a specific lab, usually via the lab manager or PI (Principal Investigator). They might then call you to screen you over the phone, or invite you for an in-person interview on-site.

Interview Question – Some labs might ask a simple "how do you make a solution with X concentration" question.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate III Interview

Administrative Associate III
Boston, MA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in August 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in for an initial interview with another admin associate. About three weeks later interviewed with a manager then everyone on my floor. Then had to go to a satellite hospital to interview with other people

Interview Question – What is your favorite quote and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No- no negotiation, was higher than expected though

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Children's Hospital Boston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Hospital Boston interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Children's Hospital Boston employees and interview candidates.