Children's Hospital Boston

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

Watch out HR does a bate-in-switch. You apply for one job, and they call you to tell you that job is filled (still on company website) but would you like to interview for other positions. This happened to me and a couple of coworkers.

Interview Questions

• No very difficult, you tell them what they want to hear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a job, which was needed at the time.

Grant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was normal, with good follow-up from the department end. My only suggestion would be to ensure the interview is worthwhile, given salary expectations. It would be a better use of time for all.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews were needed, one at 77 Summer St and another one at Children's Hospital. Two supervisors are present and it was a stressful process. There is also an online personality and qualification questionnaire which they review before they call you for an interview. I had to apply online numerous times as I never got a call back, the administration is sloppy and take a very long time to provide you information regarding time off.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the coordinator to schedule an in-person interview after about a week (no phone screen). I think my application was helped by a second-degree internal connection. I arrived at the interview a little early, but it ended up starting a few minutes late. That didn't bother me too much only because I intentionally scheduled it for the end of my work day, but otherwise it might have.The interviewer would have potentially been my new manager, and he didn't ask me many questions. He just had a couple of questions and then spent a lot of time describing specific examples of calls I might handle in the role. That information I didn't find as useful as asking him more about what the role involved as a whole, which was much more limited in the end that what I initially expected and hoped for. It wasn't the right fit for me,so I ended up declining the invitation to a second interview, but everyone seemed really nice, especially the lovely young woman at reception.

Interview Questions

I received an offer to come in for final interviews, but declined that offer so wasn't officially offered the job. The atmosphere and administrative procedures were drastically different from my previous role, so I felt that it just wasn't a great fit. The job itself was more limited than described, so I wanted to search for something with a little more impact.

Quality Improvement Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point. Those who interviewed (and I say this with all respect) were great and approachable. The questions that were asked were fair and were all relevant to the position and to me (i.e. no ridiculous hypothetical questions that catch people off guard). The on boarding process unfortunately took a while (2 months) but it was worth the wait as it made sense for the hospital to be thorough of who they are hiring.

Software Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Two 2-hour phone screens and two 4-hour in person interviews. It was over the course of almost a month. Most of the people in the process seemed to feel like they could have been left out and it would not have made a difference. I interviewed with almost the entire department.

Interview Questions

• Do you listen well, and how do you make sure that you're doing that?   Answer Question

And Curator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

very casual and basic. They just wanted to assure the language needs and curation ability.
    They also ask about relevant course work and previous experience if there is any. They also perform life navigation of the system during the interview to also demonstrate the work you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your knowledge of infectious diseases?   1 Answer

QI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Largely a behavioral Interview. Aimed to assess if I would be a good fit for the team. Questions were asked to see if I had a passion for quality improvement and if the experience that I had would be relevant to QI.

Example Questions

How will you navigate conflict within a team?
    What motivates you?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you made a mistake at work, how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question

Marketing Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

I reached out to a second degree connection on LinkedIn. Total time from initial communication to verbal offer was one week. Interviews were great - more of a conversation than back and forth question and answer. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. I met with a total of three people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I read there wasn't much for negotiation. Though I was offered and accepted a position, the offer was revoked due to funding falling through. This was extremely disappointing as I had already been through the entire hiring process and had picked up my badge.

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The recruiter I met with was very helpful and once he had met me and gone over my resumé he set me up on some interviews within different departments. Overall each department's interview is different, but I had positive experiences all around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. They are upfront about the salary range for the positions and there isn't a ton of wiggle room but they were able to meet my needs.