Children's Hospital Boston

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

I applied online and received a call from the coordinator to schedule an in-person interview after about a week (no phone screen). I think my application was helped by a second-degree internal connection. I arrived at the interview a little early, but it ended up starting a few minutes late. That didn't bother me too much only because I intentionally scheduled it for the end of my work day, but otherwise it might have.The interviewer would have potentially been my new manager, and he didn't ask me many questions. He just had a couple of questions and then spent a lot of time describing specific examples of calls I might handle in the role. That information I didn't find as useful as asking him more about what the role involved as a whole, which was much more limited in the end that what I initially expected and hoped for. It wasn't the right fit for me,so I ended up declining the invitation to a second interview, but everyone seemed really nice, especially the lovely young woman at reception.

Interview Questions

I received an offer to come in for final interviews, but declined that offer so wasn't officially offered the job. The atmosphere and administrative procedures were drastically different from my previous role, so I felt that it just wasn't a great fit. The job itself was more limited than described, so I wanted to search for something with a little more impact.

QI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in May 2014.

Largely a behavioral Interview. Aimed to assess if I would be a good fit for the team. Questions were asked to see if I had a passion for quality improvement and if the experience that I had would be relevant to QI.

Example Questions

How will you navigate conflict within a team?
    What motivates you?

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you made a mistake at work, how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question

Marketing Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

I reached out to a second degree connection on LinkedIn. Total time from initial communication to verbal offer was one week. Interviews were great - more of a conversation than back and forth question and answer. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. I met with a total of three people.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because I read there wasn't much for negotiation. Though I was offered and accepted a position, the offer was revoked due to funding falling through. This was extremely disappointing as I had already been through the entire hiring process and had picked up my badge.

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in November 2013.

The recruiter I met with was very helpful and once he had met me and gone over my resumé he set me up on some interviews within different departments. Overall each department's interview is different, but I had positive experiences all around.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. They are upfront about the salary range for the positions and there isn't a ton of wiggle room but they were able to meet my needs.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in September 2013.

1:1 Interview with site supervisor. Basic interview questions. Tour of facility. Lasted around 30 minutes. Step-by-step process of what a typical day looks like.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing to negotiate in my situation.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

Got a call from recruiter 1 month after submission of application into online portal. Interviewed with PI and other lab members. Took about 1.5 hours total.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision that you made that was a failure. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in July 2013.

The interview process is exhausting because you are scheduled to meet with 3 to 4 people, 30 minutes each with out a break in between. Although you are informed of their role at the given department, you are not made aware of the role they will have in the project as hand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you think you should be offered the job? What do you have to offer that is different from the 'other' candidate? What are your goals during and after this project is completed?   Answer Question

Ambulatory Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in May 2013.

The interview was a 3 step process - after being screened on the phone, I met with the recruiter, then with the potential manager, and then with the team to see if I'd be a good "fit". I think the interview with the recruiter was actually the most indepth, while the other two seemed to be more to get a sense of who I was. Everyone was very friendly and laidback - I recommend just trying to relax and be yourself as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • One question I had to think about a bit was, "What makes you interested in the administrative side of things?"
      Also, the very first question I was asked when I got to the team interview was, "So, how much do you know about this position?"

View Answer

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital Boston.

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter, short phone interview with manager, then an in-person interview with 3 different groups/people.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions- biggest strength/weakness, tell me about your technical background, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital Boston in May 2012.

I applied through our school, got an interview in 2 days. The interviewers asked me some specific questions about my experience in the system they are using.

I didn't negotiate.