Children's Hospital Central California

Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Central California.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with a panel of department team leads, and one with the director of facilities. I had to call after a couple of days after the second interview to check on hiring status. The director thought that the Human Resources department was supposed to call me with an offer, and they thought the director was supposed to make the offer, so after a couple of calls following up, the Director called me by phone with an offer and a date for orientation.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. I then told of my job experiences and work ethic/ morals.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I took the first offer because it was higher than I was expecting and wanted to make sure I was hired.

Very Easy Interview

Distribution Tech I Interview

Madera, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital Central California in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and Interview process went well My supervisor was a cool down to earth person. He started from the bottom as a Distribution Tech, so he knew the job and how demanding some of these health care professionals can be.

Interview Question – I don't recall there being a difficult question during the interview process. My first supervisor made it feel as comfortable as could be. He knew how to get the most out of his employees and picked up the morale when it was needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At that time I was making roughly $12.50 at my other place of employment. I know I was very underpaid for me having done 4 years in the Marines and already having my Associates Degree so when they called and offered me $15.00 for the same position pretty much I gladly accepted the offer.

Revenue Cycle Analyst Interview

Madera, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital Central California in January 2013.

Interview Details – A week or so after applying online, the HR recruiter contacted me and scheduled me for a phone interview with the Director. The interview was about 30 minutes long. She asked about my familiarity and/or knowledge of the hospital revenue cycle. She emphasized the need for someone with strong Excel skills and someone who was innovative. 2 weeks after that, I received an email that I would not be moving on in the interview process. Then approximately 1 month after that, I received a call from the HR recruiter that the Director changed her mind and wanted to meet me for an in-person interview. The interview was 1 hour long. A lot of questions revolved around my Excel proficiency and capabilities. I felt that I did a decent job and fairly confident that I could move to the next round. But then I received an email that I wouldn't.

Interview Question – How would you go about validating the results of a new report or data pull?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Children's Hospital Central California? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Hospital Central California interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Children's Hospital Central California employees and interview candidates.