Children's Hospital Colorado

Updated Aug 14, 2014

3.1

PRN-Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Was sent an email stating I would be interviewed and after 10 days contacted HR. The first phone call went to the recruiter that was handling the position to which I never received a return call from and the second back to the original receptionist that gave me insignificant information and 3 days later I received an email stating the job was filled without even getting to speak with any one.

Analyst Interview

The interview process took a while. Phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Then, a group interview consisting usually of 5-6 people or the whole department will be the "final interview".

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in February 2014.

one interview

Interview Questions
    • what do you do when there is conflict in the office   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in December 2013.

My interview process was very quick. It was one meeting with my current boss and a fellow colleague. The HR portion of the hiring process was more cumbersome to have to fill out and fax forms back and forth.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty much take it or leave it option. I took a pay cut from my previous role, but wanted to change for work/life balance purposes, so accepted the job.

RN Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in January 2013.

Phone call from recruiter, met manager of the unit and then had peer interview. It took 2 months to get hired.

CMT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in September 2012.

I applied for a CMT position in the ED. I arrived and had a one on one interview in triage with the hiring manager. There were a lot of behavioral questions. Then received a tour of the ED. Process took about 45 minutes.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in November 2011.

Meet with hr then with controller. It took forever. They left me waiting for 30 mins each. The controller rolled her eyes several times. She seemed kinda rude. There is also a sample test using excel about accounting. It was easy. They still may call me back, because they said it would be weeks before they do call backs and it is only going on 2 weeks. I will decline even if I get it. It will be long hours at a low salary pay.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in April 2011.

Interview process was handled by the departmental manager. Mediocre communication between manager and HR to coordinate the hiring process. Long, delayed interview process, primarily due to managerial involvement. Included interview with prospective team members/co-workers.

HR handled the paperwork and forms - otherwise process is dictated by manager. Best way to get an interview / consideration is to gain a contact within the department. Usually position is filled by someone they already have in mind (not necessarily the public posting).

Interview Questions
    Minimal negotiations - offer made with my requirements in mind. Consider negotiating additional PTO upfront - starting at zero without possibility of 'borrowing' time is painful. Relocation assistance available in some cases.

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in January 2009.

Submitted a resume, called and asked to complete an online job application. Called shortly afterwards for an interview. Notified next day of job offer, which I took 48 hours to consider; then accepted. Brought in to complete some new hire information a week later, and set up for a start date. Everyone from Human Resources to the Manager that hired were very friendly and seemed very happy in this work place, which very much influenced my decision to take this position.

Interview Questions
    Not really; the salary quoted was very resonable and within the norm for this job and location though.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital Colorado in March 2008.

I was greeted by one of the staff members in the lobby,and I followed back to an office and conference room area. I was then greeted by a group of approximately 6 to 8 IT staff members (all men) whom began asking technical questions based on items on my resume. The staff was very friendly, but only scratched the surface when it came to asking about my experience. I would consider it a difficult technical interview, not because I was unfamiliar with the technical subjects, but because I was put on the spot to answer esoteric technical questions in my field. Unfortunately I'm not a walking encyclopedia, perhaps its because I'm too used to having Google always on hand, but I knew the subjects but don't believe I answered the questions to their liking. I did not receive a call back and was not overly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Given the name of an object in an LDAP database with a domain name and OU path, give the full X.500 Notation for its location.   Answer Question
    • There was a question about DNS,though I don't recall exactly, it had something to do with the TTL and SOA of a DNS zone.   Answer Question