Children's Hospital Los Angeles Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, standard interview. Easy questions to answer. They brought me in and it was hard to find the office, but the interview was held in a conference room and there were two interviewers, one after the other. This is common and CHLA.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? If you could do any job right now, what would it be? What are you strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Relaxed and casual, lots of introductions. An initial phone interview (though I would be relocating from Dallas so this may not be common practice). The interview in person was based on a multiple mini interview style. The hospital is very large, I was told to arrive 15min early to find the interview location and then waited 20min for the first interview to start

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied to the job online and then I got an e-mail asking for a few references. I then scheduled a phone interview for a screening process and then after I passed the screening process, I was invited for a real in person interview. I came in for the interview and the parking situation is BAD, take the metro red line if you can! I was applying in the oncology and leukemia research wing of the hospital and the head researcher interviewed me. He was really nice and all the receptionists were nice, but the first question he asked for our "interview" was do YOU have any questions about the position? I was put on the spot and I automatically had to think of what to ask, even before we had a discussion about my qualifications! After all questions were answered, he instructed me to get some references to him and he would base my qualifications off of them! I was really sad that my fate would be determined by the people who only sort of knew me and were currently on vacation. I left the building for 30 minutes because the parking structure is not very well structured at all... One day after my "interview", I found a VERY similar job posting looking for VOLUNTEERS!!! I originally applied for the paid version of the position and so I was not offered the job. Of course I could be wrong that this was the same posting, but I have a strong gut feeling he called my reference and my previous volunteer work was most likely mentioned, which gave the interviewer some ideas.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me? (As a first and only question)   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

The process was straightforward-- cite why you want to work at the hospital, your qualifications, and the grades in pertinent science classes.

Interview Questions

• What theories in your science class pertain to the research you will be conducting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for an undergraduate.