Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

Therapist Interview

Interviewed with several staff who asked clinical questions pertaining to development, standardized evaluations, MMT, cultural issues, and handling death of a patient.

Observed therapy session, developed goals, listed strengths and weaknesses of the patients as well as activities to develop patients skills.

No negotiation.

Senior Research Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in January 2011.

Recruiter was very thorough. I had 2 phone interviews and an in person interview before even being considered by the org. She vetted me well. I finally interviewed with org, and they said their needs are very different from what the recruiter said. Anooyed because the interview was out of town and I felt I wasted my time.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Spent alot of time interviewing on phone thru HR at first then thru department head. They sent me for fingerprints and a background check which I did the SAME day as talking to HR (THATS how much I wanted this per disk job. They wanted SIX references which I thought was overkill and totally unnecessary. They wanted me in "as soon as possible" for an interview, which I accommodates despite living out of state. I was group interviewed by 3-4 OT's and was grilled on questions about spinal cord injury, ventilator dependent patients and other serious condifions - ALL of which I aced. There was little/no follow up. I had to keep calling and was quite disappointed in how they handled the post-interview phase. I was more than qualified and at one point one of them said, "That was the best answer to that question we ever had"

Interview Questions
    • What kind of function and sensation would you expect from
      A patient with a C6 spinal cordi injury.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Phone interview--This was very awkward and lasted about 20minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Then I had an in-person interview, equally awkward. We were in a small room that could only fit a table and table two chairs. It lasted about 15minutes. Again, a lot of behavioral questions, long periods of silence and the interviewer took ALOT of notes. I left unsure of anything.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advocate for a patient who is in pain and the physician is refusing to order pain medication. Not the hardest question but one I remember.   View Answer
    This was my first job out of college. I did not negotiate.

Laboratory Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

The interviews were quickly arranged after I applied. Three different days to complete the process; which was a lot of time away from my current job. They paid for all the parking which was very decent as parking is expensive. Everyone was wonderful, very cordial - and were willing to answer all questions. The whole day of interviews was a challenge, but everyone did everything that they could to make is as pleasant an experience as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there were any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2014.

I was contacted a few days after applying online at which time an interview(in-person) was scheduled.I went and it was akward, but i was schedule for a shadow? at the same time i was sent info regarding benefits and pre-employment requirements? After shadow i was sent a reference request, all were completed within 24hrs and still no word from HR it has been 3 days now(i'm very confused as to what i should expect).

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part is they seem to infer that you may not meet the requirements(underqualified), yet you should've if they called, right?   View Answer

Clinical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

Phone screen, then 5 weeks of interviews with various team members. Comprehensive questions, tour of facility. All team members were friendly, honest and informative. Staff are certainly concerned about ringing the best candidate aboard to work with the children they serve.

Office Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

My interview took place over two days; each day I met with two different people. The interview went smoothly and everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. The question that kept coming up for me was that I was "over qualified," so why would I want this position?

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really unexpected about the interview. I was asked multiple times about my qualifications being greater than the demands of the position, but that was all.   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

Human resources department is not organized and not approachable. The rest of the experience was great!

Reasonable