Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

35 candidate interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Video recorded interview - through computer - in person group interview - shadowing day

Interview Question – When did you make a mistake in clinical and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied online and interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Interview, computer project via matlab. I was told I was at "the top of the list" through my adviser/reference. However, a few weeks later they never called and began ignoring my emails.

Interview Question – Project   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Awesome onboarding process, very helpful HR in terms of relocation etc

Interview Question – nothing that i can think of..atleast at this stage of my career   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Process was smooth but a little drawn out. Enjoyed every session!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to Navigate and mutual.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Completed a phone screening after which I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager and other members in the department. A group interview was conducted and the participants took notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   View Answer

Information Service Interview

Information Service

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Applied for the position. They will contact you back by email. They will ask you to make an appointment for phone interview. After that, if you passed the phone interview, they will contact you back for in-person interview at Children Hospital.

Interview Question – What is your future goal?
What did you learn from mistake?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Researcher Interview

Student Researcher

I applied online - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the position through Drexel dragon job website. there is a phone call from HR, then I get to talk to the doctor I work with. We had a short conversation about my expectation and my work experience. Then I was accepted as a summer internship research assistant.

Interview Question – Have you ever used MATLAB programing before?
Have you every work on biomedical research before?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was presented to the Office of General Counsel at CHOP as a candidate for a paralegal position. The position currently consists of supporting three attorneys, but another paralegal is expected to be hired when a fourth attorney arrives in about a month. The process was pretty quick for me because someone had started the position and left after a couple of days. I was interviewed on the phone with the office manager for the Legal Dept. and the person from CHOP's Talent Acquisition department, and they asked me to come in on the Tuesday after the July 4th holiday. Things worked out well, and I am still here.

Interview Question – How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?   View Answers (2)

Registrar Interview

Registrar
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2014.

Interview Details – PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!