Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Process was smooth but a little drawn out. Enjoyed every session!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to Navigate and mutual.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Completed a phone screening after which I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager and other members in the department. A group interview was conducted and the participants took notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Awesome onboarding process, very helpful HR in terms of relocation etc

Interview Question – nothing that i can think of..atleast at this stage of my career   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Video recorded interview - through computer - in person group interview - shadowing day

Interview Question – When did you make a mistake in clinical and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Information Service Interview

Information Service

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Applied for the position. They will contact you back by email. They will ask you to make an appointment for phone interview. After that, if you passed the phone interview, they will contact you back for in-person interview at Children Hospital.

Interview Question – What is your future goal?
What did you learn from mistake?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Researcher Interview

Student Researcher

I applied online - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied the position through Drexel dragon job website. there is a phone call from HR, then I get to talk to the doctor I work with. We had a short conversation about my expectation and my work experience. Then I was accepted as a summer internship research assistant.

Interview Question – Have you ever used MATLAB programing before?
Have you every work on biomedical research before?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was presented to the Office of General Counsel at CHOP as a candidate for a paralegal position. The position currently consists of supporting three attorneys, but another paralegal is expected to be hired when a fourth attorney arrives in about a month. The process was pretty quick for me because someone had started the position and left after a couple of days. I was interviewed on the phone with the office manager for the Legal Dept. and the person from CHOP's Talent Acquisition department, and they asked me to come in on the Tuesday after the July 4th holiday. Things worked out well, and I am still here.

Interview Question – How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?   View Answers (2)

Research Technician II Interview

Research Technician II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2011.

Interview Details – I set up the interview via e-mails exchanged with the PI who was recruiting a technician. The interview consisted of about one hour one-on-one with the PI (the research conducted and expectations were discussed, as well as the research experiences I had), about one and a half hours in the lab (meeting other lab members for them to explain what they like / dislike about the lab, as well as a tour of the lab equipment), and finally about ten minutes with an HR rep (mostly to explain the hiring process). I rarely felt like I was being evaluated directly, it was more of a test to see whether our personalities would work well with one another.

Interview Questions

Quality Assurance Coordinator Interview

Quality Assurance Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in January 2011.

Interview Details – Early this year, I applied for the position of Quality Control Coordinator. Granted, I didnt have two years of QA experience in a healthcare environment, but I did have 2+ years of QA experience in banking and finance. Before I continue, let me mention a few things first:

- My interview was in the Wood Center, which is in a area that's TERRIBLE for parking. The Wood Center has it's own parking area underneath, but in the mornings, it's extremely packed. So, if you have an interview there, I highly recommend you catch the bus or get dropped off.

- Secondly, the HR lady gave me horrible directions. " Just go up to the fifth floor and go to the receptionist " may seem easy to understand, but when you walk in the building, you'll quickly realize how large the place is and how they have an plethora of elevators each going to different floors.

- Finally, the people who work there aren't too helpful in pointing you in the right direction. So prepare to read a bunch of signs and stopping random people in the halls for help. ARRIVE EXTREMELY EARLY.

I digress.

As I arrived to the correct room, I had to wait in the waiting area for about twenty minutes before my interviewer actually arrived. While waiting, I looked around at the environment -- boring grays and browns, large cubicles, pictures of older people (40-65.. I'm 25) all over the clipboards. Really slow-paced.

Fortunately though, during the interview, the lady I met with was very pleasant and easy to get along with. I effortlessly answered all of the typical behavioral questions with vibrant examples of my successes in the past and made the interview more like a conversation than an interrogation.

She then dropped the bomb on me : She wasn't looking for someone with a lot of healthcare exp at all -- she was more focused on finding someone with background in billing, finance, etc..

Right up my alley on paper, but I could feel in the depths of my gut that this wasn't the place I needed to be. The place just gave off indecisive vibes to me. She told me the next step (a second interview) would come in about a month, which I didn't have time for. I desire quick, consistent, cooperation. She was incredibly perceptive and i'm sure picked up on the fact that I loss interest in the position before the interview ended.

Which is probably why I didn't get a call back. That, or because of the fact I accidentally called her a different name at the end of the interview. :) My mistake. Anyway, It's all good though. Turns out that my friend got the position instead -- and he thinks it's barely alright. =P

Salary I asked for was 38k-45k. They were comfortable with that range.

Great opportunity. Your biggest obstacle is finding out if you can adapt to a slow paced environment, filled with people at the end of their careers.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia employees and interview candidates.