Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Process was smooth but a little drawn out. Enjoyed every session!

Interview Questions
    Easy to Navigate and mutual.

Program Coordinator Interview

Completed a phone screening after which I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager and other members in the department. A group interview was conducted and the participants took notes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Awesome onboarding process, very helpful HR in terms of relocation etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing that i can think of..atleast at this stage of my career   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Video recorded interview - through computer - in person group interview - shadowing day

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake in clinical and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Information Service Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Applied for the position. They will contact you back by email. They will ask you to make an appointment for phone interview. After that, if you passed the phone interview, they will contact you back for in-person interview at Children Hospital.

Interview Questions
    • What is your future goal?
      What did you learn from mistake?

Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Reached out to a friend in the department I was interested in, general application online, pending tasks, video interview, acceptance to new rn talent pool, and now waiting. About a week between all steps but now in the pool for over a month

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked with someone who was different than you?   Answer Question
    Need to be persistent and contact a recruiter almost weekly.

Student Researcher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2012.

I applied the position through Drexel dragon job website. there is a phone call from HR, then I get to talk to the doctor I work with. We had a short conversation about my expectation and my work experience. Then I was accepted as a summer internship research assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever used MATLAB programing before?
      Have you every work on biomedical research before?

Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

I was presented to the Office of General Counsel at CHOP as a candidate for a paralegal position. The position currently consists of supporting three attorneys, but another paralegal is expected to be hired when a fourth attorney arrives in about a month. The process was pretty quick for me because someone had started the position and left after a couple of days. I was interviewed on the phone with the office manager for the Legal Dept. and the person from CHOP's Talent Acquisition department, and they asked me to come in on the Tuesday after the July 4th holiday. Things worked out well, and I am still here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?   View Answers (2)

Research Technician II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2011.

I set up the interview via e-mails exchanged with the PI who was recruiting a technician. The interview consisted of about one hour one-on-one with the PI (the research conducted and expectations were discussed, as well as the research experiences I had), about one and a half hours in the lab (meeting other lab members for them to explain what they like / dislike about the lab, as well as a tour of the lab equipment), and finally about ten minutes with an HR rep (mostly to explain the hiring process). I rarely felt like I was being evaluated directly, it was more of a test to see whether our personalities would work well with one another.