Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

First it was phone interview with HR. Then face to face with HR and then with PI. In 2 weeks, they gave offer.Questions were straight forward. There were no trick questions. Met with all the members of the group. Entire interview was 1 day after initial phone interview with HR. Phone interview was for 10 minutes and was asked general questions about my background.

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process took about a month in total. I met with about 15 - 20 different people across two days. I had an initial informational interview with the direct supervisor of the position and later I was given a database query assignment to verify some of my technical skills. Two weeks later I began the formal interview process. The first day was at the IS research office and the second day was at a clinical research center. I also gave a presentation on a technical topic of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• technical background, elaboration on my prior jobs and specific projects on which I have worked, how I wouldhandle specific situations in interacting with different types of employees, where do I ultimately see my career and education taking me, why am I interested in research at CHOP, asking me how to perform specific technical tasks and estimating how long it would take me to perform them, what are some of my strengths and weaknesses, how I resolve workflow/technical issues   Answer Question

IRB Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First Round was a phone screen from the CHOP talent recruitment office basically going over the resume and making sure you fit the profile. Second round was an in person interview with the Director and Associate Director of the department, was asked behavioral questions mostly - where do you see your five years down the line, what would you do if you get bored of the job etc. Final round was meeting different people from the department and solving a short case.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

extensive, tedious and expensive. The hospital does not provide the drug screening so it is up to the student/new hire to contact a lab and follow the instructions given in the hire packet

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up an interview. When the interview came the person had not even reviewed my resume which was disappointing. She quickly noted that they needed someone else with better qualifications. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What's my experience, what are my qualifications, why do I want to work at CHOP, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Had a lovely phone interview with someone who was genuinely interested in my background. I then went on to about 3 hours of in person interviews with the research team which were also lovely and professional individuals.

Interview Questions

• General interests, strengths/weaknesses, talk about conflict resolution skills   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy I applied and didn't get a call for 4 weeks at that time I did a phone interview and didn't hear about for another 4 weeks. I was brought in twice for interviews and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you were able to over come? Why do you want to work for CHOP?   Answer Question

Clinical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied back in April 2015 got an email to set up a phone interview about a week later. Completed the phone interview and everything went great. Did not hear back from HR until about 7 weeks later to come in for a face to face interview. Interview was the end of June. The next day I was emailed to come in for a shadow. Two days after that I was called in to do another shadow the following week. Three days after my last shadow date I received an email asking for references. My references were sent an email with a link to a survey for them to complete. All of my references completed the survey that Friday and Monday morning I received a call with a job offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate patient. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of weeks later was asked to come in for an interview. Shortly after the interview they wanted me to complete an interview follow-up with a reference assessment. They had five of my references fill out a Skills Survey about me online.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my previous experience in scientific research and why I applied for the position.   Answer Question

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an invitation to an interview day via email. From there I was instructed to click on an eventbrite link to confirm which time I would like to attend. There was a morning and afternoon session. It was required that I bring either my transcript and a copy of it or my diploma and a copy of it. Additionally, an FCRA form needed to be signed along with a copy of my resume. Five other people attended the interview day. It is imperative that you double and triple check that any tasks that are on your Dashboard on the CHOP Careers website is completed before you come. I was called into the conference room 3 different times to interview with different people. It was in a big room so at times I had a good view of other people interviewing as well. It was a little intimidating. Five or six hours later I received an email notifying me that I was invited to continue on to the next step in the hiring process: references and a shadowing session. References are submitted via a website. Whoever you listed as references (at least 1 of 4 had to be your current or former managers), would then get an email with a link to fill out a survey about you. Your recruiter will ask you what times are best for you to come in to shadow for a 4 hour shift. You will be required to wear scrubs and comfortable sneakers and print out an evaluation form. Exactly one week after my shadowing shift, I received a phone call with a job offer and a start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a team when there are differing opinions as to how to proceed?   1 Answer