Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

extensive, tedious and expensive. The hospital does not provide the drug screening so it is up to the student/new hire to contact a lab and follow the instructions given in the hire packet

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online after receiving an employee referral. A week later I received an email to complete a recorded webcam interview on my computer which was very weird. A recruiter then emailed me a few days later to set up an in-person interview with the floor manager. After interviewing 1:1 with the floor manager I shadowed a nurse on the floor for 8hrs the following week. I got an email the next day letting me know I did not receive the job. It was a pretty quick process and I appreciated how fast they got back to me so I wasn't waiting around waiting to hear if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP? What patient did you learn the most from? State a time when you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

After spending many months and countless hours applying for positions at CHOP, I can safely say that their interview process is atrocious. It is extremely impersonal and there is no one to follow up with. To be clear, I had both phone interviews and in-person interviews here. I have now given up pursuing any position here because they are not friendly and will lead you to believe you are an excellent candidate and they will be contacting you in "1-2 weeks". It never happens. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• One question they ask is to describe a project you have participated in/led that you feel qualifies you for this role?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

They contact you via email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview is approximately 30 minutes, or seemingly shorter if they are not really interested. The go over housekeeping information with you to ensure they have all of the most up to date information. They then go through your resume discussing any lapses in employment or many of those other tid-bits HR folks are trained to pick up from a resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CHOP?   Answer Question
    • Name a project you are most proud.   Answer Question
    • Are you good at other computer programs other than those we have mentioned? (this question does not include Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Access, ETC.)   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

It was informal. I met with the attending physician I would work for and the Research Coordinator I'd be replacing. Everyone was friendly and we spent the afternoon together. I enjoyed seeing where I'd work and meet the people I'd interact with daily.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was about 4 months long. It was very long and drawn out. They never sent me updates about the status of my candidacy and I had to send about 4 different follow up/inquiry emails to finally get a response. At the end of whole experience, I get a template generic email from the recruiter telling me they chose another candidate. No phone call, no personalized email.

Interview Questions

• Through 3 rounds of interviews, they never screened for salary requirements. During my second round of interviews, one interviewee asked me what country I was from.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of weeks later was asked to come in for an interview. Shortly after the interview they wanted me to complete an interview follow-up with a reference assessment. They had five of my references fill out a Skills Survey about me online.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my previous experience in scientific research and why I applied for the position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week heard back from HR to set up a video interview with the department. The video interview was structured and over an hour long. The head of the department explained the hospital dynamic then asked me questions then let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

CHOP uses an automated resume review with algorithm which flagged me constantly. I had internal assistance to get resume reviewed. Initial call is from internal recruiting for screen, which includes salary so be prepared. Recruiting phone screen followed by on-site interviews - 3 in one day - progressive in level and group to panel to 1-on-1. I enjoyed people and process very much, but I interviewed twice and in both cases, post interview conduct lacking. No follow up what-so-ever until I was contacted and invited to apply for another position.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP, as well as situational and experiential questions. Very specific as to job knowledge and experience.   1 Answer

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 30min interview without share time following. The woman was very nice and gave me a chance to ask questions in the end. Overall the experience was helpful for future jobs. I wish that I was able to see the unit (we interviewed off the unit).