Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

They contact you via email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview is approximately 30 minutes, or seemingly shorter if they are not really interested. The go over housekeeping information with you to ensure they have all of the most up to date information. They then go through your resume discussing any lapses in employment or many of those other tid-bits HR folks are trained to pick up from a resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CHOP?   Answer Question
    • Name a project you are most proud.   Answer Question
    • Are you good at other computer programs other than those we have mentioned? (this question does not include Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Access, ETC.)   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

It was informal. I met with the attending physician I would work for and the Research Coordinator I'd be replacing. Everyone was friendly and we spent the afternoon together. I enjoyed seeing where I'd work and meet the people I'd interact with daily.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was about 4 months long. It was very long and drawn out. They never sent me updates about the status of my candidacy and I had to send about 4 different follow up/inquiry emails to finally get a response. At the end of whole experience, I get a template generic email from the recruiter telling me they chose another candidate. No phone call, no personalized email.

Interview Questions

• Through 3 rounds of interviews, they never screened for salary requirements. During my second round of interviews, one interviewee asked me what country I was from.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of weeks later was asked to come in for an interview. Shortly after the interview they wanted me to complete an interview follow-up with a reference assessment. They had five of my references fill out a Skills Survey about me online.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my previous experience in scientific research and why I applied for the position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week heard back from HR to set up a video interview with the department. The video interview was structured and over an hour long. The head of the department explained the hospital dynamic then asked me questions then let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

CHOP uses an automated resume review with algorithm which flagged me constantly. I had internal assistance to get resume reviewed. Initial call is from internal recruiting for screen, which includes salary so be prepared. Recruiting phone screen followed by on-site interviews - 3 in one day - progressive in level and group to panel to 1-on-1. I enjoyed people and process very much, but I interviewed twice and in both cases, post interview conduct lacking. No follow up what-so-ever until I was contacted and invited to apply for another position.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP, as well as situational and experiential questions. Very specific as to job knowledge and experience.   1 Answer

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 30min interview without share time following. The woman was very nice and gave me a chance to ask questions in the end. Overall the experience was helpful for future jobs. I wish that I was able to see the unit (we interviewed off the unit).

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Not very detailed. Seemed like they were more interested in personality questions. A lot of general questions about past projects with little emphasis on coding. This was a web dev position maintaining and enhancing many internal company sites. I think they look for steady even tempered candidates

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you were involved in where you knew a project was not going to be on time. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

The interview process was quite seamless as compared to other hospitals. I had the initial telephone screening to ensure that I had the qualifications that the department was looking for. This was followed by the first interview to meet the leadership team. Afterwards, I was interviewed by a round table of staff represented by the various sub-departments. This was quite different but at the same time it gave me the opportunity to meet the line staff so I can get a sense of whether it will be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions was how can i bring joy to the department.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quite smooth. I got what I wanted upon the first try

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. A lot of the same questions I answered online in the application process were asked again, along with more specific ones. I was told to wait around two weeks to hear back one way or another. The questions asked that were not job-specific were very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake on the job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a group of very different people. How did it go?   Answer Question
    • What are your three top strengths?   Answer Question