Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Completed a phone screening after which I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager and other members in the department. A group interview was conducted and the participants took notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   View Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Physical Therapist

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview from a recruiter. The recruiter is not in the field and did not seem interested in my responses and did not post any additional questions based on my responses. It took a really long time following that phone interview to hear more. Then there was an in person interview. The in person interview was very casual with your typical interview questions (strengths, experiences, challenge you faced, type of patients you treated). There were 3 people that interviewed with me. Then met with the HR representative. This was almost like an another interview with the questions that were asked.

Interview Question – Typical questions. I felt like the HR questions were more challenging, because they asked why I was interested in the other positions. I found it challenging to answer this question, so as it came across correctly that I was interested in this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were persistent in knowing my response ASAP. Did not allow a lot of my time to ponder the offer even though I would not be able to start for two months

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Interview Details – Spent alot of time interviewing on phone thru HR at first then thru department head. They sent me for fingerprints and a background check which I did the SAME day as talking to HR (THATS how much I wanted this per disk job. They wanted SIX references which I thought was overkill and totally unnecessary. They wanted me in "as soon as possible" for an interview, which I accommodates despite living out of state. I was group interviewed by 3-4 OT's and was grilled on questions about spinal cord injury, ventilator dependent patients and other serious condifions - ALL of which I aced. There was little/no follow up. I had to keep calling and was quite disappointed in how they handled the post-interview phase. I was more than qualified and at one point one of them said, "That was the best answer to that question we ever had"

Interview Question – What kind of function and sensation would you expect from
A patient with a C6 spinal cordi injury.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Coordinator Interview

Quality Assurance Coordinator
Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in January 2011.

Interview Details – Early this year, I applied for the position of Quality Control Coordinator. Granted, I didnt have two years of QA experience in a healthcare environment, but I did have 2+ years of QA experience in banking and finance. Before I continue, let me mention a few things first:

- My interview was in the Wood Center, which is in a area that's TERRIBLE for parking. The Wood Center has it's own parking area underneath, but in the mornings, it's extremely packed. So, if you have an interview there, I highly recommend you catch the bus or get dropped off.

- Secondly, the HR lady gave me horrible directions. " Just go up to the fifth floor and go to the receptionist " may seem easy to understand, but when you walk in the building, you'll quickly realize how large the place is and how they have an plethora of elevators each going to different floors.

- Finally, the people who work there aren't too helpful in pointing you in the right direction. So prepare to read a bunch of signs and stopping random people in the halls for help. ARRIVE EXTREMELY EARLY.

I digress.

As I arrived to the correct room, I had to wait in the waiting area for about twenty minutes before my interviewer actually arrived. While waiting, I looked around at the environment -- boring grays and browns, large cubicles, pictures of older people (40-65.. I'm 25) all over the clipboards. Really slow-paced.

Fortunately though, during the interview, the lady I met with was very pleasant and easy to get along with. I effortlessly answered all of the typical behavioral questions with vibrant examples of my successes in the past and made the interview more like a conversation than an interrogation.

She then dropped the bomb on me : She wasn't looking for someone with a lot of healthcare exp at all -- she was more focused on finding someone with background in billing, finance, etc..

Right up my alley on paper, but I could feel in the depths of my gut that this wasn't the place I needed to be. The place just gave off indecisive vibes to me. She told me the next step (a second interview) would come in about a month, which I didn't have time for. I desire quick, consistent, cooperation. She was incredibly perceptive and i'm sure picked up on the fact that I loss interest in the position before the interview ended.

Which is probably why I didn't get a call back. That, or because of the fact I accidentally called her a different name at the end of the interview. :) My mistake. Anyway, It's all good though. Turns out that my friend got the position instead -- and he thinks it's barely alright. =P

Salary I asked for was 38k-45k. They were comfortable with that range.

Great opportunity. Your biggest obstacle is finding out if you can adapt to a slow paced environment, filled with people at the end of their careers.

Interview Questions

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was presented to the Office of General Counsel at CHOP as a candidate for a paralegal position. The position currently consists of supporting three attorneys, but another paralegal is expected to be hired when a fourth attorney arrives in about a month. The process was pretty quick for me because someone had started the position and left after a couple of days. I was interviewed on the phone with the office manager for the Legal Dept. and the person from CHOP's Talent Acquisition department, and they asked me to come in on the Tuesday after the July 4th holiday. Things worked out well, and I am still here.

Interview Question – How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?   View Answers (2)

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Respiratory Therapist
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2009.

Interview Details – it was very stressful and i was nervous about it because it was my first interview.. some questions that were asked i was hesitant on answering right away because i could not think up of a good answer. it took me a little time to think!

Interview Question – explain why you want this job   View Answer

Privacy Specialist Interview

Privacy Specialist

Interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview Details – This was a short phone interview. The questions were standard ones. Tell me about a mistake you made and how you resolved it. Tell me about your clinical experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a task you completed that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Third Cook Interview

Third Cook

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Starts with an e-mail for a short phone interview. Then a face to face interview with hiring manager (usually executive chef), and a tour of the place. The an interview with HR where you fill out all the paper work.

Interview Question – Actual recipes for mother sauces   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the pay is really good already because the position is unionized

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Process was smooth but a little drawn out. Enjoyed every session!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to Navigate and mutual.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia