Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2013.

There is an initial phone screening to ask about your experience and background. Next is the first interview with the lower Administration. The questions they ask are very known questions ex; so tell me about yourself, your accomplishments, your strengths and weakness. Then you get a call from HR asking you refill out the application if you did not already and complete a survey to send a email that you create for reference check and you will be ask if you want proceed on with drug test, nicotine test, child abuse test, criminal test, and to see if you have all you shots test. Also you will be asked by HR what your current salary is and you will also be asked what are you interested in making. If you made that far you get the second interview by the upper management, directors, etc. You will be asked the same questions all over again but from standpoint of seeing if your a good fit or not. You will be interviewed by each person you will be working for (5) hour’s altogether. After you’re grilled and interviewed you will then take administrative test:

Interview Questions
    • The following components will be tested throughout Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook:
      •Grammatical Checks
      •Formatting Etiquette
      •Presentation Practice
      •Situation Protocol

Sample Scenario:

Chinese Consultant Group
      The group’s flight was delayed and the delegation will be arriving at 3pm as oppose to 2pm.
      Please list the steps you would take to rearrange the schedule.

Other scenario’s include
      Identifying the errors, adjusting response formats etc.
        View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Awesome onboarding process, very helpful HR in terms of relocation etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing that i can think of..atleast at this stage of my career   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Completed a phone screening after which I was scheduled to meet with the hiring manager and other members in the department. A group interview was conducted and the participants took notes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   View Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Started out with a phone interview from a recruiter. The recruiter is not in the field and did not seem interested in my responses and did not post any additional questions based on my responses. It took a really long time following that phone interview to hear more. Then there was an in person interview. The in person interview was very casual with your typical interview questions (strengths, experiences, challenge you faced, type of patients you treated). There were 3 people that interviewed with me. Then met with the HR representative. This was almost like an another interview with the questions that were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. I felt like the HR questions were more challenging, because they asked why I was interested in the other positions. I found it challenging to answer this question, so as it came across correctly that I was interested in this company.   Answer Question
    They were persistent in knowing my response ASAP. Did not allow a lot of my time to ponder the offer even though I would not be able to start for two months

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Spent alot of time interviewing on phone thru HR at first then thru department head. They sent me for fingerprints and a background check which I did the SAME day as talking to HR (THATS how much I wanted this per disk job. They wanted SIX references which I thought was overkill and totally unnecessary. They wanted me in "as soon as possible" for an interview, which I accommodates despite living out of state. I was group interviewed by 3-4 OT's and was grilled on questions about spinal cord injury, ventilator dependent patients and other serious condifions - ALL of which I aced. There was little/no follow up. I had to keep calling and was quite disappointed in how they handled the post-interview phase. I was more than qualified and at one point one of them said, "That was the best answer to that question we ever had"

Interview Questions
    • What kind of function and sensation would you expect from
      A patient with a C6 spinal cordi injury.
        View Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Quality Assurance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in January 2011.

Early this year, I applied for the position of Quality Control Coordinator. Granted, I didnt have two years of QA experience in a healthcare environment, but I did have 2+ years of QA experience in banking and finance. Before I continue, let me mention a few things first:

- My interview was in the Wood Center, which is in a area that's TERRIBLE for parking. The Wood Center has it's own parking area underneath, but in the mornings, it's extremely packed. So, if you have an interview there, I highly recommend you catch the bus or get dropped off.

- Secondly, the HR lady gave me horrible directions. " Just go up to the fifth floor and go to the receptionist " may seem easy to understand, but when you walk in the building, you'll quickly realize how large the place is and how they have an plethora of elevators each going to different floors.

- Finally, the people who work there aren't too helpful in pointing you in the right direction. So prepare to read a bunch of signs and stopping random people in the halls for help. ARRIVE EXTREMELY EARLY.

I digress.

As I arrived to the correct room, I had to wait in the waiting area for about twenty minutes before my interviewer actually arrived. While waiting, I looked around at the environment -- boring grays and browns, large cubicles, pictures of older people (40-65.. I'm 25) all over the clipboards. Really slow-paced.

Fortunately though, during the interview, the lady I met with was very pleasant and easy to get along with. I effortlessly answered all of the typical behavioral questions with vibrant examples of my successes in the past and made the interview more like a conversation than an interrogation.

She then dropped the bomb on me : She wasn't looking for someone with a lot of healthcare exp at all -- she was more focused on finding someone with background in billing, finance, etc..

Right up my alley on paper, but I could feel in the depths of my gut that this wasn't the place I needed to be. The place just gave off indecisive vibes to me. She told me the next step (a second interview) would come in about a month, which I didn't have time for. I desire quick, consistent, cooperation. She was incredibly perceptive and i'm sure picked up on the fact that I loss interest in the position before the interview ended.

Which is probably why I didn't get a call back. That, or because of the fact I accidentally called her a different name at the end of the interview. :) My mistake. Anyway, It's all good though. Turns out that my friend got the position instead -- and he thinks it's barely alright. =P

Salary I asked for was 38k-45k. They were comfortable with that range.

Great opportunity. Your biggest obstacle is finding out if you can adapt to a slow paced environment, filled with people at the end of their careers.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

I was presented to the Office of General Counsel at CHOP as a candidate for a paralegal position. The position currently consists of supporting three attorneys, but another paralegal is expected to be hired when a fourth attorney arrives in about a month. The process was pretty quick for me because someone had started the position and left after a couple of days. I was interviewed on the phone with the office manager for the Legal Dept. and the person from CHOP's Talent Acquisition department, and they asked me to come in on the Tuesday after the July 4th holiday. Things worked out well, and I am still here.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experience at a law firm will fit in with an in-house legal department.?   View Answers (2)

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2009.

it was very stressful and i was nervous about it because it was my first interview.. some questions that were asked i was hesitant on answering right away because i could not think up of a good answer. it took me a little time to think!

Privacy Specialist Interview

This was a short phone interview. The questions were standard ones. Tell me about a mistake you made and how you resolved it. Tell me about your clinical experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a task you completed that you are most proud of.   Answer Question