Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online after receiving an employee referral. A week later I received an email to complete a recorded webcam interview on my computer which was very weird. A recruiter then emailed me a few days later to set up an in-person interview with the floor manager. After interviewing 1:1 with the floor manager I shadowed a nurse on the floor for 8hrs the following week. I got an email the next day letting me know I did not receive the job. It was a pretty quick process and I appreciated how fast they got back to me so I wasn't waiting around waiting to hear if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient did you learn the most from?
      State a time when you overcame a difficult situation.

Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was about 4 months long. It was very long and drawn out. They never sent me updates about the status of my candidacy and I had to send about 4 different follow up/inquiry emails to finally get a response. At the end of whole experience, I get a template generic email from the recruiter telling me they chose another candidate. No phone call, no personalized email.

Interview Questions

• Through 3 rounds of interviews, they never screened for salary requirements. During my second round of interviews, one interviewee asked me what country I was from.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

CHOP uses an automated resume review with algorithm which flagged me constantly. I had internal assistance to get resume reviewed. Initial call is from internal recruiting for screen, which includes salary so be prepared. Recruiting phone screen followed by on-site interviews - 3 in one day - progressive in level and group to panel to 1-on-1. I enjoyed people and process very much, but I interviewed twice and in both cases, post interview conduct lacking. No follow up what-so-ever until I was contacted and invited to apply for another position.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP, as well as situational and experiential questions. Very specific as to job knowledge and experience.   1 Answer

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 30min interview without share time following. The woman was very nice and gave me a chance to ask questions in the end. Overall the experience was helpful for future jobs. I wish that I was able to see the unit (we interviewed off the unit).

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Not very detailed. Seemed like they were more interested in personality questions. A lot of general questions about past projects with little emphasis on coding. This was a web dev position maintaining and enhancing many internal company sites. I think they look for steady even tempered candidates

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you were involved in where you knew a project was not going to be on time. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. A lot of the same questions I answered online in the application process were asked again, along with more specific ones. I was told to wait around two weeks to hear back one way or another. The questions asked that were not job-specific were very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake on the job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a group of very different people. How did it go?   Answer Question
    • What are your three top strengths?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR for a phone interview. Was asked past experiences, skills, as well as some redundant questions already asked online. It was very informal and she was very nice and I was told she'd be in contact with me after reviewing with the project manager and PI; I never received anything, not even an email. About two months later, I check the website if the status had been updated and I see that the job posting has been removed. I would have loved to work here and still respect CHOP, but I would have liked to have received a formal rejection, especially from such a renown institute.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Questions

• Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
    I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
    I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
    Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied and the process took about 5 weeks. I got a call for a phone screening (interview from a recruiter) and it lasted for about 20mins. I was scheduled for an in person interview 3 weeks after. It was a panel interview and very professional. It lasted for about an hour. I did some assessment upon arrival before the interview, nothing unexpected. Everyone there was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing expected. Why CHOP? How would you handle an aggressive patient?   Answer Question