Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

www.chop.edu

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions & Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Management Interview

IT Management
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Question – Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Registrar
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2014.

Interview Details – PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and the process took about 5 weeks. I got a call for a phone screening (interview from a recruiter) and it lasted for about 20mins. I was scheduled for an in person interview 3 weeks after. It was a panel interview and very professional. It lasted for about an hour. I did some assessment upon arrival before the interview, nothing unexpected. Everyone there was very professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing expected. Why CHOP? How would you handle an aggressive patient?   Answer Question

Laboratory Operations Director Interview

Laboratory Operations Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – The interviews were quickly arranged after I applied. Three different days to complete the process; which was a lot of time away from my current job. They paid for all the parking which was very decent as parking is expensive. Everyone was wonderful, very cordial - and were willing to answer all questions. The whole day of interviews was a challenge, but everyone did everything that they could to make is as pleasant an experience as possible.

Interview Question – I did not feel that there were any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

CRA II Interview

CRA II
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial HR Phone screen- simple questions about CHOP (approx 1/2 hr.)
Department Phone Screen- same as above- more focused on clinical research experience though- just know your resume/qualifications.
In Person Interviews- 1 round- with 2 PI's and one clin research mgr. This was more detailed than the calls (1/2 hr with each person) and focused on my experiences and what I could bring to the department/CHOP.

Interview Question – None. Very straight forward interview process. Know your qualifications, know what the department does, know how you fit into that role, and you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple- they told me a range and I asked for the high end and received it.

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Repeated phone calls from a number of HR people, all essentially asking for the same or advising about the same info

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Phone interview--This was very awkward and lasted about 20minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Then I had an in-person interview, equally awkward. We were in a small room that could only fit a table and table two chairs. It lasted about 15minutes. Again, a lot of behavioral questions, long periods of silence and the interviewer took ALOT of notes. I left unsure of anything.

Interview Question – How would you advocate for a patient who is in pain and the physician is refusing to order pain medication. Not the hardest question but one I remember.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was my first job out of college. I did not negotiate.

Research Technician II Interview

Research Technician II
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview Details – Phone interview first with HR, then scheduled interview with actual hiring manager/PI.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but this ALWAYS depends on the hiring manager. Be prepared as much as possible and research the principal investigator and the work they do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Salary was grant based.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2010.

Interview Details – Spent alot of time interviewing on phone thru HR at first then thru department head. They sent me for fingerprints and a background check which I did the SAME day as talking to HR (THATS how much I wanted this per disk job. They wanted SIX references which I thought was overkill and totally unnecessary. They wanted me in "as soon as possible" for an interview, which I accommodates despite living out of state. I was group interviewed by 3-4 OT's and was grilled on questions about spinal cord injury, ventilator dependent patients and other serious condifions - ALL of which I aced. There was little/no follow up. I had to keep calling and was quite disappointed in how they handled the post-interview phase. I was more than qualified and at one point one of them said, "That was the best answer to that question we ever had"

Interview Question – What kind of function and sensation would you expect from
A patient with a C6 spinal cordi injury.
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!