Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in October 2014.

Received a phone call from HR for a phone interview. Was asked past experiences, skills, as well as some redundant questions already asked online. It was very informal and she was very nice and I was told she'd be in contact with me after reviewing with the project manager and PI; I never received anything, not even an email. About two months later, I check the website if the status had been updated and I see that the job posting has been removed. I would have loved to work here and still respect CHOP, but I would have liked to have received a formal rejection, especially from such a renown institute.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2014.

PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
    I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
    I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
    Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

I applied and the process took about 5 weeks. I got a call for a phone screening (interview from a recruiter) and it lasted for about 20mins. I was scheduled for an in person interview 3 weeks after. It was a panel interview and very professional. It lasted for about an hour. I did some assessment upon arrival before the interview, nothing unexpected. Everyone there was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing expected. Why CHOP? How would you handle an aggressive patient?   Answer Question

Laboratory Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

The interviews were quickly arranged after I applied. Three different days to complete the process; which was a lot of time away from my current job. They paid for all the parking which was very decent as parking is expensive. Everyone was wonderful, very cordial - and were willing to answer all questions. The whole day of interviews was a challenge, but everyone did everything that they could to make is as pleasant an experience as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there were any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Repeated phone calls from a number of HR people, all essentially asking for the same or advising about the same info

Nothing

CRA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2014.

Initial HR Phone screen- simple questions about CHOP (approx 1/2 hr.)
    Department Phone Screen- same as above- more focused on clinical research experience though- just know your resume/qualifications.
    In Person Interviews- 1 round- with 2 PI's and one clin research mgr. This was more detailed than the calls (1/2 hr with each person) and focused on my experiences and what I could bring to the department/CHOP.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very straight forward interview process. Know your qualifications, know what the department does, know how you fit into that role, and you will do just fine.   Answer Question
    Simple- they told me a range and I asked for the high end and received it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Phone interview--This was very awkward and lasted about 20minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Then I had an in-person interview, equally awkward. We were in a small room that could only fit a table and table two chairs. It lasted about 15minutes. Again, a lot of behavioral questions, long periods of silence and the interviewer took ALOT of notes. I left unsure of anything.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advocate for a patient who is in pain and the physician is refusing to order pain medication. Not the hardest question but one I remember.   View Answer
    This was my first job out of college. I did not negotiate.

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Phone interview first with HR, then scheduled interview with actual hiring manager/PI.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but this ALWAYS depends on the hiring manager. Be prepared as much as possible and research the principal investigator and the work they do.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Salary was grant based.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in November 2011.

Applied Sunday night and received an email about a phone screen the next day. Wow that was fast I thought. Scheduled the phone screen for 2 days later. Lasted 15 minutes and was straight up from a list. Said I'd find out in a day if the hiring manager is interested in bringing me in.

2 weeks later I sent an email to HR, said I was still being considered.

2 weeks alter I sent another email to HR, never responded.

Then the posting mysteriously disappeared. I've heard that for their corporate offices it typically takes months to get through.