Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota

Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota

Ambulatory Health Unit Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application in February, had a phone interview in mid-February, then had a in-person interview at the beginning of March, now it's approaching mid-April and haven't heard anything... in addition, the website doesn't say that I was selected or not selected. The interview was a pain, they had 5 differen't people meet with me and ask me the same question. It just seemed like a waste of time, I was burnt out by the time the fifth person asked me the same question... who seemed irritated that I wasn't enthusiastic about answering her with the same answer a fifth time.

Interview Questions

• "How do you prioritize your workload."   1 Answer

Unit Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for several similar positions, and was contacted by multiple recruiters/HR by phone. Each one did a quick phone interview with me. I was then called by the manager of each department for a phone interview, and then we scheduled an in-person interview. There seem to be multiple layers of bureaucracy involved in hiring, but the department managers/supervisors do make the final call in hiring, and seem to value both competence/experience and a certain folksy charm/personality. High value placed on people skills/ customer service.

At each level of interviewing, I was surprised by how easy/open-ended the questions were. Very much the typical practice questions given by any interview prep website or course. There was lots of opportunity to put my best foot forward and steer the conversation to my strengths.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when when someone disagreed with you- either a supervisor, co-worker, or client. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How would your co-workers describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on my past experience and the current job market, the offer was fair and generous- I did not negotiate.

Middle Mngt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

not very organized, no clear strategy on questions

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? (big focus on seeing how hooked you are on the mission)   Answer Question