Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

Access Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in October 2014.

Have not been hired yet. I applied online, got quick response to be invited to do video interview (to be completed within 48 hours. Then, next day I got quick response to video interview saying my application was forwarded onto hiring manager for consideration. FINGERS CROSSED! :):):):):) BEST HOSPITAL IN KC, MO!

Interview Questions
    • Was no hard or difficult questions. The only unexpected part was the video interview, because I had never done one before! :) Overall GREAT experience, was nervous for the interview for nothing!   Answer Question

Access Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Filed out online application, got an email two days later asking that I do a video interview within 48 hrs. It's not with an hr person on the other side of the screen. You get to practice by answering some random questions that hr won't see. You tape your responses and the hr person will review on their own time. I was asked 5 multiple choice questions (what days/shifts are you available) that I didn't have to tape a response for, just click for your response. Then I was asked to respond on video about a time that was stressful, what I thought employers should offer their employees in the workplace, and give an example of your organization skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were stressed in the workplace   Answer Question

Security Officer II Transportation Interview

Interview and Hiring Process can be lenghting, be patient and conduct follow up inquiries.
    This company is very much into customer service friendly environment (Children Hosptial).
    I was hired and have been working for any years.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions where pretty standard questions. Nothing to complicated.   Answer Question

Media Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in May 2013.

I applied online and heard back relatively quickly. I initially applied for another intern position, but the person I interviewed with thought I was better suited for media relations and referred me to that department. I went in for another interview and it was a perfect fit.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the most challenging person you have had to work with?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in September 2013.

1-2 rounds of interview. Sometimes interviewed by Surgeons who so not have much hold on laboratory research.

Interview Questions
    Not a good experience, they did not accept my negotiation.

Staff Nurse Interview

Very hard to get on here unless you know someone. I called and called for months before I just called HR myself to set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Professional Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

I couldn't find the right job title/positions, so selected a random one. I have many years of experience in my field. I don't think the recruiters really look at the applications/resumes, because they send out a "we have selected a candidate whose qualifications more closely match the job requirements." On some of the jobs, I can't imagine someone having more experience/qualifications than I have. Even got one that said they had determined I was not qualified for the position. REALLY?! I was infinitely qualified for it. They either didn't read my application/resume, or they just eliminate people randomly, or they already had someone picked for the job. But to tell me I am not qualified when I am is insulting.

Staff RN Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in January 2009.

I had already been working for this employer as a Care Assistant. It was fairly easy to get a job interview as an internal candidate. From what I have heard from others, it is pretty hard to get an interview if you don't know anyone who already works there.

I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in September 2012.

Awful experience. Rude and would not contact me back about the position. You're wasting your time taking the $13.50 per hour they pay unless you're young, uneducated or desperate. I have a much better position, so thank GOD I didn't receive an offer and stupidly accept it.

Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

group interviews with different members of the department conducted over the course of one day, standard interview, asked about background info, training, interests

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very straight forward, describe career plans and goals   View Answer
    no negotioation