Children's National Health System

Children's National Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

Was flown in to do an interview several times over the course of a month. Interviews went very well. To a point where I felt confident enough I was to be given an offer. But I was never provided with one or even a formal decline. The decision was just left open and in the air. Even when I called the individuals responsible to inquire about the decision many months later to gain a sense of closure, I never got a clear answer. As if they both wanted and did not want to hire me at the same time? I was also not reimbursed for the many rides to the hospital and back to the airport. Altogether, it was an inconvenience to have flown out there so many times and not get the courtesy of a formal decision in return - my expectations of what I thought was a great hospital, were let down.

CCT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two clinical instructors and then got a tour around the unit. Asked various questions regarding hypothetical situations - mainly focused around patient care (i.e. what would you do if a patient's mom is yelling at you). Offered feedback at the end and said they would be in touch within the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any position in a company what would you be? (i.e. the CEO, regular staff nurse, etc).   1 Answer

Clinical Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in March 2015.

Interview

Honestly the interview process was quick and painless and they communicated every step of the way. What upset me was that when I applied and answered what my minimum salary requirements were I expected to be met with at least ALMOST that number when offered the job (and to be managing numerous departments and almost 20 employees, I didn't think $65K was unreasonable especially in comparison to what other companies offer for similar responsibility). Instead the HR guy called me to tell me they wanted me but offered me almost $10K less than what I asked for. I REALLY wanted the job but couldn't do it for that little and asked about other benefits like metro stipend etc and 1.) he told me he didn't know if they offered that (you're the HR guy, isn't it your JOB to know all the benefits??), 2.) when I seemed discouraged at the number they offered he told me how they really couldn't offer more b/c the last person to even make $60K had 28 years of experience (that's all well and good, but I don't care about other people, I care about me) and 3.) when I emailed him the next day to say I really couldn't take the position for such a smaller salary and to please let me know if anything was negotiable I never even heard back... a bit unprofessional if you ask me. Bottom line, don't waste candidate's time if you aren't going tp offer them anything close to what they state as their minimum salary requirements... or at least be transparent about that right out of the gate so they know not to continue the process if it's a deal breaker.

Interview Questions

• Customer service is a big deal at Children's, tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how you dealt with it?... If you were working on a group project and your coworker wasn't pulling their weight and it was the night before it was due, what would you do? What would you do if it happened a second time?... How have you felt when you've had to terminate employees before?... How do you handle multiple demands of you at the same time?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview

The interview was conducted by an executive director and manager and referral was made to the supervisor who did less interviewing than sharing her work style. Offer was made within days.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Interview

First interview was via Skype. It was not difficult, the person who interviewed me was my further supervisor. I already have passed a first selection based in my skills and acknowledges, so, the interview itself was a simple step. Two persons were interviewing me, my supervisor and another principal investigator, since she would be a future collaborator in other projects.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's National Health System in January 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email requesting an interview. We established a date for a phone interview one week from the date of the email. On the day of the phone interview, I was immediately told that the screening process had not noticed that I would not be graduating college for another five months. I was then told that they were looking to fill the position sooner, so the phone interview would therefore not be necessary. I was not happy with the fact that they could not have resolved this issue with an email, but instead led me in to the actual phone interview only to tell me over the phone that it would not be happening after all.

Global Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in for a first interview in January. I met with the Department director. Two weeks after the first interview I was called in for a second interview. The second interview was not with anybody working with the Department but rather with a consultant. I felt in the second interview that the decision had already been made.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you think you are a good fit for this position? - Why did you chose to apply to Children's National? - How does your experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

RN I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with questions about experience, qualities, and time for you to ask questions. More focused on personal characteristics and offered an opportunity to shadow at a later date.

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone first the I was invited for a 1 to 1 interview. The Interview was easy, asked to talk about my self and a couple of other simple questions. Nothing unexpected or difficult.

Assistant Interview

Interview

General interview. There isn't a formal process and varies by hiring staff. No unexpected or curve ball questions. The post interview process was slow, but eventually I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked general interview questions. I also discussed my background, then had an opportunity to ask the group questions. I interviewed with three people.   Answer Question