Children's National Health System

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Coordinator I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview Details – Applied for the Clinical Research Coordinator I position early June and Heard back via email about a month later. They asked for additional information which I provided. 2 weeks later they emailed back asking for a phone interview and a week after I had a phone interview that was brief. I still haven't heard back; I did follow up and they said they are still making the decision.

Interview Question – Most the questions were about my related experience. No behavioral questions during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Research Faculty Interview

Research Faculty

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview Details – I submitted my initial application online, and didn't hear anything for several weeks. I was then asked to submit a CV. I had a telephone interview, and was invited to visit twice. The first was a full-day visit with half a dozen one-hour interviews and a 60 minute job talk/research seminar. The second visit was a half day visit, where I was introduced to most of the VIPs. I appreciated very much the fact that so many important people made themselves available to meet with we.

Interview Question – Interview questions were not difficult. Most of the questions revolved around my past experiences and technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The verbal salary agreement that I came to with my chief was not honored by HR. Naturally, I was disappointed. I ultimately decided that the final offer was still acceptable - it just started me off on a bit of a down note - which is unfortunate because the difference in salary was fairly trivial in the grand scheme.

COR II Interview

COR II

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up an interview. I interviewed for the position and was then contacted by the HR recruiter with the job offer and possible start dates.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations accepted for this position

RN I Interview

RN I

Interviewed at Children's National Health System

Interview Details – New Grad position, interview was fair and they were quick with their decision. Overall, a great experience compared to others.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other candidates   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Children's National Health System in March 2012.

Interview Details – Skype interview, presentation

Interview Question – What's the significance of your work?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and received an email a week later asking to come in for an interview. I had the in person interview the following week and was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Question – Every question was run of the mill.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview Details – I applied online. I didn't hear anything for months. I finally got a screening call from a recruiter. Then the following week was invited to meet the recruiter in person. Two weeks after that I had a full day of interviews followed by a couple more rounds of phone interviews and finally a test.

Interview Question – Basic questions, but you do things in rounds so you recreate your self all day long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it.

Clinical Research Coordinator I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail asking for availability for an interview. I interviewed and in three weeks received a response stating that I was selected.

Interview Question – You are asked to do a mock consent I was e-mailed a consent form before the interview and that would be the form I had to present to a hypothetical patient's parent. The questions were pretty standard: tell me about yourself, what made you choose this field, etc.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Children's National Health System

Interview Details – Very organized and structural. Your resume and experience are carefully screened.

Interview Question – What have you been doing to maintain your continuing education? What professional organizations do you belong to?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Patient Care Technician
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview Details – Preliminary interviews are held a few times a year for PCTs as there are not rolling offers. Preliminary interview consists of a short quiz on child development and pediatric vital signs. Study material is sent to the interviewee a short time before the interview. After successful completion of the quiz a short 1 on 1 interview with a recruiter is held.

Secondary interviews are held in departments that are interested in hiring you.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, mostly the standard pre hospital screening questions dealing with patient safety and workplace cohesiveness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Children's National Health System

Worked for Children's National Health System? Contribute to the Community!