Children's National Health System

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2014.

Contacted by phone first the I was invited for a 1 to 1 interview. The Interview was easy, asked to talk about my self and a couple of other simple questions. Nothing unexpected or difficult.

Assistant Interview

General interview. There isn't a formal process and varies by hiring staff. No unexpected or curve ball questions. The post interview process was slow, but eventually I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked general interview questions. I also discussed my background, then had an opportunity to ask the group questions. I interviewed with three people.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

Applied for the Clinical Research Coordinator I position early June and Heard back via email about a month later. They asked for additional information which I provided. 2 weeks later they emailed back asking for a phone interview and a week after I had a phone interview that was brief. I still haven't heard back; I did follow up and they said they are still making the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Most the questions were about my related experience. No behavioral questions during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Research Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

I submitted my initial application online, and didn't hear anything for several weeks. I was then asked to submit a CV. I had a telephone interview, and was invited to visit twice. The first was a full-day visit with half a dozen one-hour interviews and a 60 minute job talk/research seminar. The second visit was a half day visit, where I was introduced to most of the VIPs. I appreciated very much the fact that so many important people made themselves available to meet with we.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not difficult. Most of the questions revolved around my past experiences and technical skills.   Answer Question
    The verbal salary agreement that I came to with my chief was not honored by HR. Naturally, I was disappointed. I ultimately decided that the final offer was still acceptable - it just started me off on a bit of a down note - which is unfortunate because the difference in salary was fairly trivial in the grand scheme.

COR II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up an interview. I interviewed for the position and was then contacted by the HR recruiter with the job offer and possible start dates.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations accepted for this position

RN I Interview

New Grad position, interview was fair and they were quick with their decision. Overall, a great experience compared to others.

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email a week later asking to come in for an interview. I had the in person interview the following week and was offered the job two weeks later.

Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

I applied online. I didn't hear anything for months. I finally got a screening call from a recruiter. Then the following week was invited to meet the recruiter in person. Two weeks after that I had a full day of interviews followed by a couple more rounds of phone interviews and finally a test.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, but you do things in rounds so you recreate your self all day long.   Answer Question
    take it or leave it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Very organized and structural. Your resume and experience are carefully screened.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing to maintain your continuing education? What professional organizations do you belong to?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2013.

I was contacted by e-mail asking for availability for an interview. I interviewed and in three weeks received a response stating that I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to do a mock consent I was e-mailed a consent form before the interview and that would be the form I had to present to a hypothetical patient's parent. The questions were pretty standard: tell me about yourself, what made you choose this field, etc.   Answer Question