Children's National Health System Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.7

Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

The interview was conducted by an executive director and manager and referral was made to the supervisor who did less interviewing than sharing her work style. Offer was made within days.

There was no negotiation

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

First interview was via Skype. It was not difficult, the person who interviewed me was my further supervisor. I already have passed a first selection based in my skills and acknowledges, so, the interview itself was a simple step. Two persons were interviewing me, my supervisor and another principal investigator, since she would be a future collaborator in other projects.

Global Patient Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in January 2015.

I was called in for a first interview in January. I met with the Department director.
    Two weeks after the first interview I was called in for a second interview. The second interview was not with anybody working with the Department but rather with a consultant.
    I felt in the second interview that the decision had already been made.

Interview Questions
    • - Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?
      - Why did you chose to apply to Children's National?
      - How does your experience relate to this position?

Answer Question

RN I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's National Health System in December 2014.

Panel interview with questions about experience, qualities, and time for you to ask questions. More focused on personal characteristics and offered an opportunity to shadow at a later date.

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2014.

Contacted by phone first the I was invited for a 1 to 1 interview. The Interview was easy, asked to talk about my self and a couple of other simple questions. Nothing unexpected or difficult.

Assistant Interview

General interview. There isn't a formal process and varies by hiring staff. No unexpected or curve ball questions. The post interview process was slow, but eventually I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked general interview questions. I also discussed my background, then had an opportunity to ask the group questions. I interviewed with three people.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

Applied for the Clinical Research Coordinator I position early June and Heard back via email about a month later. They asked for additional information which I provided. 2 weeks later they emailed back asking for a phone interview and a week after I had a phone interview that was brief. I still haven't heard back; I did follow up and they said they are still making the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Most the questions were about my related experience. No behavioral questions during the phone interview.   Answer Question

Research Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

I submitted my initial application online, and didn't hear anything for several weeks. I was then asked to submit a CV. I had a telephone interview, and was invited to visit twice. The first was a full-day visit with half a dozen one-hour interviews and a 60 minute job talk/research seminar. The second visit was a half day visit, where I was introduced to most of the VIPs. I appreciated very much the fact that so many important people made themselves available to meet with we.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not difficult. Most of the questions revolved around my past experiences and technical skills.   Answer Question
    The verbal salary agreement that I came to with my chief was not honored by HR. Naturally, I was disappointed. I ultimately decided that the final offer was still acceptable - it just started me off on a bit of a down note - which is unfortunate because the difference in salary was fairly trivial in the grand scheme.

COR II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up an interview. I interviewed for the position and was then contacted by the HR recruiter with the job offer and possible start dates.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations accepted for this position

RN I Interview

New Grad position, interview was fair and they were quick with their decision. Overall, a great experience compared to others.