Children's National Health System

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RN I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Children's National Health System in December 2014.

Panel interview with questions about experience, qualities, and time for you to ask questions. More focused on personal characteristics and offered an opportunity to shadow at a later date.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System.

Preliminary interviews are held a few times a year for PCTs as there are not rolling offers. Preliminary interview consists of a short quiz on child development and pediatric vital signs. Study material is sent to the interviewee a short time before the interview. After successful completion of the quiz a short 1 on 1 interview with a recruiter is held.

Secondary interviews are held in departments that are interested in hiring you.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly the standard pre hospital screening questions dealing with patient safety and workplace cohesiveness.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in April 2013.

Applied online through website - heard fairly promptly (~2 weeks after putting resume in).
    Interviewed with the Clinical Research Manager and a CRC already working in the department, as well as some of the doctors in the department. Interview questions were fairly typical - general HR questions (strengths/weaknesses, a couple scenario-based questions/what would you do, demonstrate teamwork experience, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • They brought in 3 doctors from the department and had each one talk about their research.   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Children's National Health System in August 2012.

Received a phone call from the nurse manager wanting to see if I was interested in the position. She spent time telling me the negatives as if she wanted me to decline. Then told me she had to check interview schedule. Called me back to state problems with directors schedule and asked for days of availability. Then she didn't call for over 2 weeks claiming vacation schedule. Had me come in the same week and interviewed with everyone a to z. Only to get a email stating they decided to go with someone else.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Children's National Health System in March 2012.

Skype interview, presentation

Transport Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's National Health System in February 2010.

Initial communications consisted of setting up date and time for interview. Had to drive to campus, parking was validated. Met with clinical manager, staff members, and education coordinator of team. There were basic interview questions asked. These consisted of questions about myself, work history, experience with pediatric patients, and hobbies.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you dealt with a conflict between you and a partner and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations due to it being a union controlled area.

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's National Health System in November 2009.

The interview consisted of a two hour shadowing session during which I followed a nurse on the floor and was exposed to the unit and what work would be like day to day on the unit. The nurses on the unit were very welcoming and friendly, and I found the shadowing session to be very helpful in getting an understanding of the unit. The individual interview was conducted by the nurse manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge or struggle you have dealt with in the past? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Children's National Health System in October 2009.

I had a unique situation due to external funding for the position. I had two rounds of interviews before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are too qualified for the position?   View Answer
    I didn't negotioate

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Children's National Health System in July 2009.

Very disorganized process. hr did not realize I was an applicant