Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Interview Details – Relaxed and casual, lots of introductions. An initial phone interview (though I would be relocating from Dallas so this may not be common practice). The interview in person was based on a multiple mini interview style. The hospital is very large, I was told to arrive 15min early to find the interview location and then waited 20min for the first interview to start

Interview Question – How do you handle office drama?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to the job online and then I got an e-mail asking for a few references. I then scheduled a phone interview for a screening process and then after I passed the screening process, I was invited for a real in person interview.

I came in for the interview and the parking situation is BAD, take the metro red line if you can! I was applying in the oncology and leukemia research wing of the hospital and the head researcher interviewed me. He was really nice and all the receptionists were nice, but the first question he asked for our "interview" was do YOU have any questions about the position? I was put on the spot and I automatically had to think of what to ask, even before we had a discussion about my qualifications! After all questions were answered, he instructed me to get some references to him and he would base my qualifications off of them! I was really sad that my fate would be determined by the people who only sort of knew me and were currently on vacation. I left the building for 30 minutes because the parking structure is not very well structured at all...

One day after my "interview", I found a VERY similar job posting looking for VOLUNTEERS!!! I originally applied for the paid version of the position and so I was not offered the job.

Of course I could be wrong that this was the same posting, but I have a strong gut feeling he called my reference and my previous volunteer work was most likely mentioned, which gave the interviewer some ideas.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me? (As a first and only question)   View Answer

Interviewed at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Interview Details – The process was straightforward-- cite why you want to work at the hospital, your qualifications, and the grades in pertinent science classes.

Interview Question – What theories in your science class pertain to the research you will be conducting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for an undergraduate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Childrens Hospital Los Angeles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Childrens Hospital Los Angeles employees and interview candidates.