Chili's Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.8

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes early and was seated and a table where I waited for about 5 minutes until the manager came out. When the manager came out she brought out my application and basically just told me about herself and the job king of. After that she went to get th general manager and we talked about life for awhile then he talked about how the position would be. When he was finished he told me he doesn't see why he wouldn't hire me and brought the other manger back. That's when she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (McKinney, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday, they called me on a Wednesday, and I had my first interview that Friday with one manager, and then my second that next Monday. I was hired and they had me start working that week as a Hostess Trainee. The first interview was just getting to know me as a person and the second was to basically figure out my availability.To work at Chilis the only way you can apply is online,and they have you make an account on BrinkerNation.com (Brinker owns Chilis now) and when you make your account you put in your information as well as take a quiz. If you dont pass the quiz you wont get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a Hostess at Chilis'   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, grueling online assessment (a few hours) followed by weeks of HR interviews then AD interviews. Seems a bit much to serve people burgers and fries. Everyone was polite and it wasn't a "there's a wrong answer" type interview, almost more free wheeling conversation, which was nice. It's a big company so it weeds most people out during online assments and phone interviews, so if you make it to that point, you've probably done well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were able to give an excellent guest experience?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Frisco, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied to Chili's about two weeks before I called. I called Wednesday, asked for a manager and asked to set up a interview. The manager accepted, and told me to come in the next day. I came in 15 minutes early an waited about 3 minutes before the manager came out (very fast). He asked me about 3 questions and seemed to like me. He then set me a interview up with the GM for the next day. I came in 15 minutes early the next day for the GM interview. The GM was very nice and asked me LOTS of questions (more than I would expect for a job that pays $7.50-8.00). She took a lot of good notes about my interview and I was very confident. I was sure I got the job. She told me should would be calling me back either later that day or no more than 24 hours. She even gave me her business card and told me: "You presented yourself very well." At that point, I knew I had it. She didn't call me back later that day, nor did she the next day. I called that next day and asked for her, and she wasn't in. So i called that Sunday. She apologized for not calling me when she said she would and that she hasn't discussed with the other manager who is getting the position so she told me to call back tomorrow (Monday) and the man will either tell me yes or no. I called that next day and the man told me: "You are not a good fit. We are looking for a daytime hostess." On my application and on BOTH my interviews, I specified that I had open availability. I'm really not sure why they said that, but I came to the conclusion that it was a race issue. At this particular location, I have NEVER seen a race other than Caucasian working here. I live 5 minutes from this location, and have been about 10-15 times in my time living in this area. I was highly disappointed at this point and considered writing to corporate about this situation. I didn't because I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But, I will never be eating at the Chili's in FRISCO, TEXAS ever again in my life because of this experience.

To-Go Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a restaraunt opening, so not very hard to get the job. Applied as a host, walked in twenty minutes later. The manager went and printed off my application and sat me down for an interview on the spot. He said he was full on hosts but really wanted to hire me as a Togo specialist and he signed me up for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Application (now online) and then In-Person Interview with personality test.

Interview Questions

• You are required to take a long multiple choice test to assess your personality. You basically only pass if you answer it how they want it to be answered.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineral Wells, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Mineral Wells, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy. Filled out paper work and she hired me just off conversation. The best part was getting to taste test the food so you knew how to answer customers when they asked about certain foods.

Interview Questions

• How will you improve this restaurant?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was quick and easy.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's (Garland, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process was as easy as they get. Complete application, speak with manager, got hired on the spot. Then there's orientation and 5-7 training shifts which takes anywhere from a week to two depending on number of trainers and how many people are going through training. Then you're making your own money. You don't get to keep the tips you make while in training, keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've gone above and beyond normal job requirements. If you just do your basic job function it can take a moment to think of something that qualifies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is not a negotiation, you get paid what servers are paid. You're income depends on how well you take care of your guests needs.