Chili's

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in August 2014.

I completed the application online and got a call 2 days later for an interview. I was 5th out of 8 people interviewed that day, with 2 more they were interviewing the following day (what I was told). The interview was easy, but unorganized. I was told they were also hiring for Servers, cooks and bussers and all applicants would be considered for all positions. I was also told I should be updated on the hiring process by the end of the week.

I was never updated, as promised, even when I gave them my email and phone number on 3 seperate occasions following the interview within a 3 week span to check on the hiring process. They told me they were still interviewing applicants 2 weeks after mine.

This company should have been more professional and organized in their hiring process. Even though I have accepted a job offer elsewhere, I still have not received an update from Chili's, a month later, lol. That explains why the manager stated they have had several employees leave a few days after starting, lol.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in January 2014.

Filled out application online, next day got email for interview. Went in on Monday to talk to back of house manager. He was a real funny guy and I was instantly relaxed. He asked pretty simple questions like why would I want to work for Chili's, why would I want to work back of house than front of house, etc. He smiled at my responses and told me my next interview was in two days. Went in and signed papers and set up my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • really was none, just be honest and genuine with your answers.   Answer Question
    He asked what I would prefer. I told him $8/hr, he then offered me 8.60/hr, with a promise of getting 9.50/hr in a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in December 2013.

my sister worked there for 2 years. gave in a good word when the position opened. told me to call hiring manager. he asked about work experience and availability and set up an interview next day with the head of the kitchen operations. went in, waited for 10 minutes, he came out. very laid back and casual. asked pretty much same questions as well as how long i expected to stay (he even said he understands chilis isn't one of someone's life career), and just stressed the fast paced, active duties. asked if i could start training tomorrow

Interview Questions
    • work experience, as this was my first "real job" besides odd-n-end weekend jobs   View Answer
    he asked my opinion on salary, i told him what i chose on the application (8/hr) which is the around the starting. he willingly gave me 9.50/hr instead and said 10/hr after ~45 days