Chili's

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Valdosta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in October 2012.

Interview Details – This position consisted of essentially two interviews, the initial review took place immediately after the application process, consisted of sitting down with the manager on staff as they reviewed the application with the potential employee. The second interview was conducted after being called to set up an interview appointment, consisted of speaking with two different managers. Discussed prior relevant work experience, job requirements, followed by and unstructured Q&A session.

Interview Question – "Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with, how did you overcome it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a lot of serving experience as well as letters of recommendation, there wasn't much negotiation involved. Overall it was fairly standard with little complication if any.

University of South Florida, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in February 2013.

Interview Details – It took forever for my to get in for an actual interview as it was always hard to get a hold of a manager. I waited an hour after my scheduled interview time to actually be interviewed, then they were too busy and had to reschedule. Eventually I went in earlier and was finally able to be interviewed.

Negotiation Details – We only negotiated my schedule.

Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Online app. Long and tedious + super annoying "personality" test. 2 interviews about a week apart. Standard easy interview questions. Was told I had the job contigent of if the staff liked me after an "on the job experience" which was me following around a staff member for an hour. It was easy just walking around, but a little awkward as I always felt in the way of people actually working and the customers were like "who is this and why are they here" but the staff member would explain and most would have a friendly talk with me. The staff I met all talked with me about past experience and before I left said I would work great with the team. Took about a week to hear back from the manager. First interview was mostly the manager talking about the company and how their location runs. Only 1 or 2 questions that were more of a conversation and less "q&a" second interview was traditional interview with a different manager and a sheet with a list of questions.

Interview Question – None. All were typical "tell me of time" or "what would you do of" questions regarding customer service and I happened to have sales and server experience so I used times from those and had a few "not on the sheet" questions about those positions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a job elsewhere right before they gave me an offer.

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Application (now online) and then In-Person Interview with personality test.

Interview Question – You are required to take a long multiple choice test to assess your personality. You basically only pass if you answer it how they want it to be answered.   View Answer

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for a job, then once they approved the application I took a short test to test basic knowledge. After they reviewed they reviewed the results I met with a manager and the general manager. He told me about the day to day operations and the duties I would be required to do. After we talked for about 30 minutes, I was offered the job and I accepted. I started a week later in training.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I would deal with being degraded by customers who think I was not capable of doing my job.   Answer Question

Food Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – On line application. One interview with one manager, then a second interview with a different manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here and why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place.

College Station, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in June 2009.

Interview Details – When I applied, I spoke directly with the manager on duty, and after my background check, I was hired on the spot. They had me sit down and fill out some easy paperwork, and I took a "test" that tested how well I could read and do basic math on a very basic level. Chili's was a fun company to work for sometimes, but it seemed too controlled by the corporate office (which makes sense, I know, but it made working there pretty miserable).

Interview Question – Do you have any restaurant experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As a food server, I don't feel like there is much room to negotiate. There is a very set way of how things are conducted in a restaurant, and if you have any suggestions, your opinion doesn't exactly matter in the grand scheme of things.

Skokie, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in person and was given an interview within a week. The questions were pretty basic and it asked about previous server experience.

Interview Question – How would you sell me a "peanut butter sandwich"?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chili's Food Server interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chili's employees and interview candidates.