Chili's Food Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

1.9

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Basic interview. A manager calls about your application and sets up a time for you to come in for an interview. You basically meet with them during a shift and they go over your application and ask the basic questions: what is your work history? why chilis? then they let you know they will be contacting you soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Application (now online) and then In-Person Interview with personality test.

Interview Questions

• You are required to take a long multiple choice test to assess your personality. You basically only pass if you answer it how they want it to be answered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Greenville, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Online app. Long and tedious + super annoying "personality" test. 2 interviews about a week apart. Standard easy interview questions. Was told I had the job contigent of if the staff liked me after an "on the job experience" which was me following around a staff member for an hour. It was easy just walking around, but a little awkward as I always felt in the way of people actually working and the customers were like "who is this and why are they here" but the staff member would explain and most would have a friendly talk with me. The staff I met all talked with me about past experience and before I left said I would work great with the team. Took about a week to hear back from the manager. First interview was mostly the manager talking about the company and how their location runs. Only 1 or 2 questions that were more of a conversation and less "q&a" second interview was traditional interview with a different manager and a sheet with a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• None. All were typical "tell me of time" or "what would you do of" questions regarding customer service and I happened to have sales and server experience so I used times from those and had a few "not on the sheet" questions about those positions   Answer Question

Took a job elsewhere right before they gave me an offer.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

On line application. One interview with one manager, then a second interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (University of South Florida, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

It took forever for my to get in for an actual interview as it was always hard to get a hold of a manager. I waited an hour after my scheduled interview time to actually be interviewed, then they were too busy and had to reschedule. Eventually I went in earlier and was finally able to be interviewed.

Negotiation

We only negotiated my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Valdosta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

This position consisted of essentially two interviews, the initial review took place immediately after the application process, consisted of sitting down with the manager on staff as they reviewed the application with the potential employee. The second interview was conducted after being called to set up an interview appointment, consisted of speaking with two different managers. Discussed prior relevant work experience, job requirements, followed by and unstructured Q&A session.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with, how did you overcome it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a lot of serving experience as well as letters of recommendation, there wasn't much negotiation involved. Overall it was fairly standard with little complication if any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I came in for an interview after being referred by a another employee at chilis. I talked with the hiring manager for about 20 minutes, took a simple test and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you get overwhelmed and your guests are becoming upset, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Skokie, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied in person and was given an interview within a week. The questions were pretty basic and it asked about previous server experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (College Station, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

When I applied, I spoke directly with the manager on duty, and after my background check, I was hired on the spot. They had me sit down and fill out some easy paperwork, and I took a "test" that tested how well I could read and do basic math on a very basic level. Chili's was a fun company to work for sometimes, but it seemed too controlled by the corporate office (which makes sense, I know, but it made working there pretty miserable).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any restaurant experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a food server, I don't feel like there is much room to negotiate. There is a very set way of how things are conducted in a restaurant, and if you have any suggestions, your opinion doesn't exactly matter in the grand scheme of things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied for a job, then once they approved the application I took a short test to test basic knowledge. After they reviewed they reviewed the results I met with a manager and the general manager. He told me about the day to day operations and the duties I would be required to do. After we talked for about 30 minutes, I was offered the job and I accepted. I started a week later in training.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I would deal with being degraded by customers who think I was not capable of doing my job.   Answer Question