Chili's

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Host

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Saw a Craigslist ad, sent in my résumé, they called me to have me take a basic customer service test. After passing they called me in for a first and second interview with two different managers. Was offered the position after the second interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Sunday night and had a positive email response the next day. Set up an interview through their website for Wednesday afternoon, and they were expecting me and prepared. I was hired that same day and had orientation the Saturday of the same week.

Interview Question – Questions were very straight forward and most of them came straight off of the online application.   Answer Question

Yuba City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in January 2011.

Interview Details – I arrived at 2 pm and asked to come back in an hour due to the increased amount of customers at the time. At 3 pm I arrived and was given an application to fill out. After filling the application a general manager sat with me to discuss various information on my application like "When are you available?" or "What brought you here today?" After the short interview I was given a pre-employment exam that consisted of various math and english problems that analyzed competency and a personality test. Overall the test took 2 hours to complete and I passed. After the manager told me I would be getting a call later if I was considered.

Interview Question – "Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you deal with the situation?"   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went in, applied for the position, met with the assistant manager, interviewed, took a personality test which was long as hell, then got offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – Availability?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chili's Host interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chili's employees and interview candidates.