Chili's Host Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.7

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Asked like five questions automatically got the job. The manager did not remember my name or anything that I had told him. I had to repeat myself over about three of four times when he asked me if I currently work or go to school and if I lived near the location and he didn't write anything down. (Stay away from chilis they are so unprepared and made me wait longer than need over my interview start time)

Interview Questions

• Do you currently work or go to school? What was your experience? When do you want to start? What's your school schedule?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Marble Falls, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview. Scheduled during a lunch rush, so I had to wait a long time for the manager. He was much more concerned about the amount of time I would be home for the summer than my qualifications even after I specified very clearly I would be working only for the summer at the start of the interview. Seemed disorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers. GM and Maybe the front of house manager? Both were very nice and seemed to love their jobs. Asked about my work experience but more of what I was looking for in an employer which I thought was interesting. It was almost as if we were just getting to know each other, like they were determining if I would get along with the crew rather then if I could perform the duties in the Job description. Very laid back and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What wage or hours do you need to be able to work here?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

There was one interview and it was in person. There were no hard questions asked (e.g. no behavioral ones). It was just a run-down of your resume basically. If you can hold a conversation with someone in an interview style format, you can make it through this interview. Nothing difficult about it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but my co-worker did and got a higher starting pay than I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an email a few weeks after applying, asking me to schedule a time for an interview. I chose to have the interview on the 15th, and was called on the 18th with an offer for the position as hostess. I then received an email with instructions to complete some online paperwork before going in for my first day. The interview: I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes for the hiring manager to come out. We sat at a booth and he was casual and conversational. He asked a few questions about my past jobs, and was mostly interested in a restaurant job I'd had few years back (similar type of restaurant to Chili's so it was the most relevant). The interview was going well but I made sure to ask him questions as well, in an attempt to keep the interview going a bit longer and hoping to leave a good impression as someone talkative and sociable, like asking him how long he'd been with the company and what a typical day is like for a hostess, and asking him how he enjoyed working there. After the interview he mentioned that he had a few more interviews that week but said he'd call me either way to let me know. It was surprisingly one of the easiest interviews I've had, maybe because his demeanor helped me feel at ease, as it was more like chatting with an older brother. 10-15 minutes early and I was done by maybe 5 minutes after my scheduled time.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

Interview

I saw an ad on an online job board so I decided to apply. Got a call a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. They asked me typical customer service questions, nothing too hard at all. Asked me when could I start, what I want as far as pay. Got hired that same day, started working the next.

Interview Questions

• Weren't any particularly hard questions, especially if you have experience in customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Saw a Craigslist ad, sent in my résumé, they called me to have me take a basic customer service test. After passing they called me in for a first and second interview with two different managers. Was offered the position after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (San Antonio, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday night and had a positive email response the next day. Set up an interview through their website for Wednesday afternoon, and they were expecting me and prepared. I was hired that same day and had orientation the Saturday of the same week.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight forward and most of them came straight off of the online application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Utica, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with manager. Talked about self, interests, and goals. Took a test. The test was very basic, basically asking simple questions about how not to mess up client relationships. It essentially was a test if you really wanted the job and were willing to bubble in 75 questions. The interview was very laid back. Just be confident and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about what I did to keep myself busy as I was only in high school with little job experience.   1 Answer