Chili's Host Interview Questions

1.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in October 2014.

I got an email a few weeks after applying, asking me to schedule a time for an interview. I chose to have the interview on the 15th, and was called on the 18th with an offer for the position as hostess. I then received an email with instructions to complete some online paperwork before going in for my first day.

The interview: I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes for the hiring manager to come out. We sat at a booth and he was casual and conversational. He asked a few questions about my past jobs, and was mostly interested in a restaurant job I'd had few years back (similar type of restaurant to Chili's so it was the most relevant). The interview was going well but I made sure to ask him questions as well, in an attempt to keep the interview going a bit longer and hoping to leave a good impression as someone talkative and sociable, like asking him how long he'd been with the company and what a typical day is like for a hostess, and asking him how he enjoyed working there.

After the interview he mentioned that he had a few more interviews that week but said he'd call me either way to let me know. It was surprisingly one of the easiest interviews I've had, maybe because his demeanor helped me feel at ease, as it was more like chatting with an older brother.

10-15 minutes early and I was done by maybe 5 minutes after my scheduled time.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

I saw an ad on an online job board so I decided to apply. Got a call a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. They asked me typical customer service questions, nothing too hard at all. Asked me when could I start, what I want as far as pay. Got hired that same day, started working the next.

Interview Questions
    • Weren't any particularly hard questions, especially if you have experience in customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in August 2013.

It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's.

Saw a Craigslist ad, sent in my résumé, they called me to have me take a basic customer service test. After passing they called me in for a first and second interview with two different managers. Was offered the position after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in December 2012.

Applied online on a Sunday night and had a positive email response the next day. Set up an interview through their website for Wednesday afternoon, and they were expecting me and prepared. I was hired that same day and had orientation the Saturday of the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straight forward and most of them came straight off of the online application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in January 2011.

I arrived at 2 pm and asked to come back in an hour due to the increased amount of customers at the time. At 3 pm I arrived and was given an application to fill out. After filling the application a general manager sat with me to discuss various information on my application like "When are you available?" or "What brought you here today?" After the short interview I was given a pre-employment exam that consisted of various math and english problems that analyzed competency and a personality test. Overall the test took 2 hours to complete and I passed. After the manager told me I would be getting a call later if I was considered.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you deal with the situation?"   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

Went in, applied for the position, met with the assistant manager, interviewed, took a personality test which was long as hell, then got offered the job on the spot