Chili's Host Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

I saw an ad on an online job board so I decided to apply. Got a call a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. They asked me typical customer service questions, nothing too hard at all. Asked me when could I start, what I want as far as pay. Got hired that same day, started working the next.

Interview Questions
  • Weren't any particularly hard questions, especially if you have experience in customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in August 2013.

It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Saw a Craigslist ad, sent in my résumé, they called me to have me take a basic customer service test. After passing they called me in for a first and second interview with two different managers. Was offered the position after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in December 2012.

Applied online on a Sunday night and had a positive email response the next day. Set up an interview through their website for Wednesday afternoon, and they were expecting me and prepared. I was hired that same day and had orientation the Saturday of the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straight forward and most of them came straight off of the online application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yuba City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuba City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in January 2011.

I arrived at 2 pm and asked to come back in an hour due to the increased amount of customers at the time. At 3 pm I arrived and was given an application to fill out. After filling the application a general manager sat with me to discuss various information on my application like "When are you available?" or "What brought you here today?" After the short interview I was given a pre-employment exam that consisted of various math and english problems that analyzed competency and a personality test. Overall the test took 2 hours to complete and I passed. After the manager told me I would be getting a call later if I was considered.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry customer. How did you deal with the situation?"   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

Went in, applied for the position, met with the assistant manager, interviewed, took a personality test which was long as hell, then got offered the job on the spot

Interview Questions

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!