Chili's

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hostess Interview

I filled out an application and got a call to come in for an interview. They were interviewing other people that same day. The manager was late to the interview and neve called me back to tell me I had with got or not.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's in October 2014.

I applied on the Brinkers.com website and about two days later I got an email asking for an interview, I set up and interview for later that week. I showed up to my interview and had about a 5 minute wait until a manager cam to talk to me. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and made the interview short and sweet, she hired me on the spot. She asked for my availability and told me what my starting hourly rate would be. She then scheduled me to have orientation 2 days later. I came back on the day for orientation and had about a 10-15 minute wait until the manager came and spoke with me and the other hostess who was just hired. She went over the dress code, explained what's expected of us, told us about the In-house charity, talked about the possibility of transitioning to a server if we desired, she gave us a tour of the place, had us fill out some forms, and then we were done. I trained for about two days and the training process was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I applied to Chili's about two weeks before I called. I called Wednesday, asked for a manager and asked to set up a interview. The manager accepted, and told me to come in the next day. I came in 15 minutes early an waited about 3 minutes before the manager came out (very fast). He asked me about 3 questions and seemed to like me. He then set me a interview up with the GM for the next day. I came in 15 minutes early the next day for the GM interview. The GM was very nice and asked me LOTS of questions (more than I would expect for a job that pays $7.50-8.00). She took a lot of good notes about my interview and I was very confident. I was sure I got the job. She told me should would be calling me back either later that day or no more than 24 hours. She even gave me her business card and told me: "You presented yourself very well." At that point, I knew I had it. She didn't call me back later that day, nor did she the next day. I called that next day and asked for her, and she wasn't in. So i called that Sunday. She apologized for not calling me when she said she would and that she hasn't discussed with the other manager who is getting the position so she told me to call back tomorrow (Monday) and the man will either tell me yes or no. I called that next day and the man told me: "You are not a good fit. We are looking for a daytime hostess." On my application and on BOTH my interviews, I specified that I had open availability. I'm really not sure why they said that, but I came to the conclusion that it was a race issue. At this particular location, I have NEVER seen a race other than Caucasian working here. I live 5 minutes from this location, and have been about 10-15 times in my time living in this area. I was highly disappointed at this point and considered writing to corporate about this situation. I didn't because I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But, I will never be eating at the Chili's in FRISCO, TEXAS ever again in my life because of this experience.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

Applied online, emailed to schedule an interview for whenever I was available. It was really easy, short interview. I kinda felt it didn't go well since when I got there the interviewer was still interviewing another man and I waited for awhile until he met with me, but my interview was literally only 5 minutes. He was very nice but it was extremely short, and I suggest asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Not a particularly hard interview. Sat down with a manager and was asked a few general cliche questions. Only took around 30-45 minutes. They do two separate interviews, one with a hiring manager and the last with the general manager.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Hiring and interview process was extremely easy, I applied online and I got and email the next day to set up and pick an appointment time. There's two interviews one with a manager and one with the GM. If the first manager likes you, they set up an interview with the GM in which they ask you the same basic questions and your schedule. Most easy going interview process I've had.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your past manager? That question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's.

February 2014 I interviewed with Chili's. The first interview took about an hour before anyone came to start the actual interview. After the manager greeted me it was pretty laid back and informal. He told me I would need to come back for a second interview to meet with another manager. I waited again about 45 mins before the interview started. The second manager was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in November 2013.

I applied online then received an email from Brinker to schedule an interview online. I scheduled it for that Monday, went in and there was someone else waiting to be interviewed. After that interview was over I was interviewed by one of the Front of the House Managers. Mostly asked about my availability then said she liked me and invited me to a second interview with another manager. I went to that interview, the manager was not prepared to interview me and did not like the fact that I had a bachelors degree. Was told that there were more interviews being held and that they would call me if I was selected. No call.

Interview Questions
    • Why chili's? Would you give notice to quit if you got a job with your degree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in September 2013.

I had 1 interview with the GM, then a group orientation after being hired that discussed all the details of the job and signed all the paper work.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was simple and the manager just told me what the job entitled and asked me if I was interested in becoming a server after awhile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in September 2013.

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview within a few days. There were two interviews. The first was to go over the job functions and prior work history. The second were basic questions about how I handled situations in my previous work or school.