Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy. The personal assessment took longer than I would've liked, but it is necessary to get hired. I applied in person, waited for a call to get interviewed, had a brief interview with manager on duty, got offered job on spot, accepted job, and started training within days. The training process lasts about a week. Basic learning and testing of knowledge learned from each day.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at two different locations, but district managers conducting interview could not find my resume. Very disorganized. Was informed that I would be called, received a email, and after several weeks received a job offer for assistant manager not the general manager I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

was not offer the job i interviewed for

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Phila, PA).

Interview

The process was very simple - just talked about past experience and Chili's culture. I was told this was one of the busiest restaurants, and was asked how I deal under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal under pressure.   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. They like to know more about you and how you can problem solve. Will ask random questions: i.e : if you were a superhero which would you be? Some questions will catch you way off guard. Relax, and take your time to give a solid and believable answer.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important in a restaurant that everyone works together?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process took less than a 4 days. I got a message in my email telling me that I was being asked for an interview. It was a really quick interview. Less than 20 minutes. I did wait a while for the manager, but overall really quick. He asked me the basics, nothing really surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an online application, three days later received an email asking to schedule an interview. I wore a shirt and tie and interviewed with the FOH manager. Easy and relaxed interview. (I lied and told them I had serving experience). He asked about working as a team, my serving "experience", and my hobbies and interests. Then I was called later that evening to set up an interview with the general manager. 2nd interview with the general manager was nothing but a conversation about what job entails and the things he expects. He only asked one interview-type question. 2nd interview felt like a formality. I believe they already wanted me as a new hire after I interviewed with the FOH manager, as he would be the main one the servers and hosts deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Server Interview

Interview

I walked in with a resume and had my first interview immediately. Came back two days later to interview with the GM and got hired on the spot. They were extremely friendly and were excited to meet me. I started my paperwork right away.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview a couple weeks later. Came in for the interview with the GM and another manager. They asked me about my previous restaurant experience, experience from other jobs, my current schedule, why I would be a good team member, and gave me a couple of scenarios to go through and decide what my course of action would be. I was hired on the spot and began training about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Decide what order you would help your guests in: One guest just walked through the door needing to be sat, another guest is on the phone, there's a car blocking a different guest outside, and a table needs refills. What's your course of action?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes early and was seated and a table where I waited for about 5 minutes until the manager came out. When the manager came out she brought out my application and basically just told me about herself and the job king of. After that she went to get th general manager and we talked about life for awhile then he talked about how the position would be. When he was finished he told me he doesn't see why he wouldn't hire me and brought the other manger back. That's when she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Glendale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a phone call within 24hrs and was told I would receive a call back. I waited about 48hrs without response so I called again and was given a distinct impression this job was unavailable to me. I may have made 3 calls, actually. So - realizing being 21 without job history, with a GED, could reflect poorly, I decided to walk-in personally. Quickly, I was given ice water then met with a manager who told me the man I needed to speak to was gravely busy. She offered a good time to return and/or a phone call back. I insisted I could wait if possible. So, I waited patiently for two hours. Upon the initial introduction it was clear the hiring manager was underwater at the time and I felt like a pest. To my surprise, after a brief Q&A he invited me to sit for an on-the-spot interview! About 20 minutes later I was told I may receive a phone call, no promises and left. Later that week I got an email that confirmed I was extended the job. This entire process took only 6 days. After a few official online form submissions, I was set up for the orientation. That is two hours of PAID pre-training. You complete an I-9, then go meet with the other new people in the dining area and chill for a bit. Then the manager appears to get started. Next, you get to order free lunch. In the time it takes to hit the table you fill out a form and get the Chili's history. About the time that's over, food arrives and you listen to the company values, mission statement, goals, etc as you eat. Then when the tables clears you engage in a quite entertaining, very informative, hour long rules & regulations/expectations booklet. After completing a group test and clocking out with your fancy new card, you head back out the door and wait for your schedule to be posted online! A simple, classy, laid-back, nerve settling process dubbed; "orientation". I loved it.