Chili's Interview Questions

2.1

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's in January 2014.

It was very easy. Asked basic questions about HCCP. What to wear. Talked a lot about how you would have to do over time. Asked how long it should take to close down your station

They hired me on the spot. First said I would be making $9 an hour. Then once hired they only payed $8.00

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

Interview process was as easy as they get. Complete application, speak with manager, got hired on the spot. Then there's orientation and 5-7 training shifts which takes anywhere from a week to two depending on number of trainers and how many people are going through training. Then you're making your own money. You don't get to keep the tips you make while in training, keep in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you've gone above and beyond normal job requirements. If you just do your basic job function it can take a moment to think of something that qualifies.   Answer Question
    It is not a negotiation, you get paid what servers are paid. You're income depends on how well you take care of your guests needs.

Hostess Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

Applied online, emailed to schedule an interview for whenever I was available. It was really easy, short interview. I kinda felt it didn't go well since when I got there the interviewer was still interviewing another man and I waited for awhile until he met with me, but my interview was literally only 5 minutes. He was very nice but it was extremely short, and I suggest asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in February 2012.

Turned in app, stopped back in the following week and met with mod, scheduled interview with gm a couple days later then hired. Downside was waiting until orientation and not starting right away.

N/a

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I applied to Chili's about two weeks before I called. I called Wednesday, asked for a manager and asked to set up a interview. The manager accepted, and told me to come in the next day. I came in 15 minutes early an waited about 3 minutes before the manager came out (very fast). He asked me about 3 questions and seemed to like me. He then set me a interview up with the GM for the next day. I came in 15 minutes early the next day for the GM interview. The GM was very nice and asked me LOTS of questions (more than I would expect for a job that pays $7.50-8.00). She took a lot of good notes about my interview and I was very confident. I was sure I got the job. She told me should would be calling me back either later that day or no more than 24 hours. She even gave me her business card and told me: "You presented yourself very well." At that point, I knew I had it. She didn't call me back later that day, nor did she the next day. I called that next day and asked for her, and she wasn't in. So i called that Sunday. She apologized for not calling me when she said she would and that she hasn't discussed with the other manager who is getting the position so she told me to call back tomorrow (Monday) and the man will either tell me yes or no. I called that next day and the man told me: "You are not a good fit. We are looking for a daytime hostess." On my application and on BOTH my interviews, I specified that I had open availability. I'm really not sure why they said that, but I came to the conclusion that it was a race issue. At this particular location, I have NEVER seen a race other than Caucasian working here. I live 5 minutes from this location, and have been about 10-15 times in my time living in this area. I was highly disappointed at this point and considered writing to corporate about this situation. I didn't because I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But, I will never be eating at the Chili's in FRISCO, TEXAS ever again in my life because of this experience.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in July 2014.

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I went in for a margarita but quickly became intrigued to work there after noticing how friendly but most of all how happy the bartender seemed. After asking him about how he came into his position I asked the hostess if that specific Chili's was actively hiring. She told me that the restaurant in fact does need help so she grabbed the manager for me. I spoke with Adam,whom is the General Manager, and he told me about the position he seeking to become filled. He then told me to apply online and follow up the following Monday. I did just that. To make a longer story short, I just left my first day of orientation about four hours ago! Today is a great present for my 24th birthday. 6/29 P.S. I applied last week's Saturday night (6/22),

There was no negotiation. It's $8.50 per hour plus I get my own tip jar every shift I work. Hello, NO MORE BEING BROKE! :-)

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in October 2012.

This position consisted of essentially two interviews, the initial review took place immediately after the application process, consisted of sitting down with the manager on staff as they reviewed the application with the potential employee. The second interview was conducted after being called to set up an interview appointment, consisted of speaking with two different managers. Discussed prior relevant work experience, job requirements, followed by and unstructured Q&A session.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with, how did you overcome it."   Answer Question
    I had a lot of serving experience as well as letters of recommendation, there wasn't much negotiation involved. Overall it was fairly standard with little complication if any.

To-Go Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in March 2014.

It was a restaraunt opening, so not very hard to get the job. Applied as a host, walked in twenty minutes later. The manager went and printed off my application and sat me down for an interview on the spot. He said he was full on hosts but really wanted to hire me as a Togo specialist and he signed me up for orientation.

None

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!