Chili's Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Chili's in February 2012.

Turned in app, stopped back in the following week and met with mod, scheduled interview with gm a couple days later then hired. Downside was waiting until orientation and not starting right away.

N/a

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in July 2014.

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I went in for a margarita but quickly became intrigued to work there after noticing how friendly but most of all how happy the bartender seemed. After asking him about how he came into his position I asked the hostess if that specific Chili's was actively hiring. She told me that the restaurant in fact does need help so she grabbed the manager for me. I spoke with Adam,whom is the General Manager, and he told me about the position he seeking to become filled. He then told me to apply online and follow up the following Monday. I did just that. To make a longer story short, I just left my first day of orientation about four hours ago! Today is a great present for my 24th birthday. 6/29 P.S. I applied last week's Saturday night (6/22),

There was no negotiation. It's $8.50 per hour plus I get my own tip jar every shift I work. Hello, NO MORE BEING BROKE! :-)

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in October 2012.

This position consisted of essentially two interviews, the initial review took place immediately after the application process, consisted of sitting down with the manager on staff as they reviewed the application with the potential employee. The second interview was conducted after being called to set up an interview appointment, consisted of speaking with two different managers. Discussed prior relevant work experience, job requirements, followed by and unstructured Q&A session.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with, how did you overcome it."   Answer Question
    I had a lot of serving experience as well as letters of recommendation, there wasn't much negotiation involved. Overall it was fairly standard with little complication if any.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

Called for open house in Miami at hotel. Then spoke to HR for 20mins. Told me to come to another open house for broward will email me when she has the time but gave me a link to take Assessment. Then I went to open house at a chilis in Miami. The Area Director who interviewed me did not seem like a people person and I could tell he wasn't impressed. After they said they would contact me to see if they wanted to go further. Overall I could tell it didn't go good. I didn't hear from them for a week so I emailed HR and she didn't reply until 2 days later. She sent me a generic email stating they didn't think I had enough experience and would keep looking for other candidates which is funny being I have been in the biz 10 years and a manager for 4 years and 6weeks later it looks like they are still looking for managers. Come on its Beer and Burgers not Cheesecake Factory. Overall Experience left a bad taste in my mouth where I don't even want to eat their as a customer. Also I leave you on this note Darden hired me and they are a more prestigious company than chilis so eat that chilis. Your loss their gain

To-Go Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in March 2014.

It was a restaraunt opening, so not very hard to get the job. Applied as a host, walked in twenty minutes later. The manager went and printed off my application and sat me down for an interview on the spot. He said he was full on hosts but really wanted to hire me as a Togo specialist and he signed me up for orientation.

None

Server Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Server/Bartender Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in November 2013.

Very quick and informal, met with one of the managers who made me feel very comfortable. Was up front about the store needs and interested in my skills and history as a customer. Left feeling good about getting the job. Was training within 3 days and working my own section assignments within a week of that.

Interview Questions
    • None per say, just asked about my opinion on good customer service and about my availability. We spent most of the time talking about their expectations of me, which were reasonable.   View Answer
    I told them up front my needs as far as how many shifts I needed to work to make the tips I wanted and they let me know the most profitable shifts up front. All they asked in return was to be reliable and consistent and I would have priority in choosing shifts over less skilled or available people. Since then I have pretty consistently made my tip goals and only had sporadic conflicts in scheduling and work assignments.

Host Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in February 2014.

I saw an ad on an online job board so I decided to apply. Got a call a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. They asked me typical customer service questions, nothing too hard at all. Asked me when could I start, what I want as far as pay. Got hired that same day, started working the next.

Interview Questions
    • Weren't any particularly hard questions, especially if you have experience in customer service   Answer Question

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!