Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Asked like five questions automatically got the job. The manager did not remember my name or anything that I had told him. I had to repeat myself over about three of four times when he asked me if I currently work or go to school and if I lived near the location and he didn't write anything down. (Stay away from chilis they are so unprepared and made me wait longer than need over my interview start time)

Interview Questions

• Do you currently work or go to school? What was your experience? When do you want to start? What's your school schedule?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Process took four weeks. Very slow with weak follow up. Had to call or email to find out next step. Had to drive to different counties to interview with different people.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

It was a simple interview. I was asked the typical interview questions. There were some weird questions though. The manager asked me about my hair and if I always had it like that. I said no, not always. And he said that for work I would have to do a pony tail. I said I was fine with that. Other than that, it was a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy. The personal assessment took longer than I would've liked, but it is necessary to get hired. I applied in person, waited for a call to get interviewed, had a brief interview with manager on duty, got offered job on spot, accepted job, and started training within days. The training process lasts about a week. Basic learning and testing of knowledge learned from each day.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at two different locations, but district managers conducting interview could not find my resume. Very disorganized. Was informed that I would be called, received a email, and after several weeks received a job offer for assistant manager not the general manager I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

was not offer the job i interviewed for

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Wednesday and they called me Friday morning to schedule an interview. I was going out of town that weekend and met with them on Tuesday afternoon. I met with 4 managers during their meeting at Chili's Bar and Grill. I went in with confidence like I already had the job. They were all really friendly, comfortable, and great listeners. They asked me basic questions about myself and why I wanted to work for them. They didn't ask me about my previous job, just about my school schedule, how many hours I was expecting to work, and if I was planning on working there for a long period of time. They also asked me some "how would you handle a situation where..." questions. After the interview, they asked me to wait in the front of the restaurant. A few minutes later, two managers came over and gave me the job on the spot! I accepted the offer and have been working there for about a month and a half; I love the atmosphere, my coworkers, my managers, and most importantly, how we all work as a team and are able to help one another at any time with anything.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about this position?   Answer Question
    • At times, this position can be really stressful and a high volume of guests can come in at once. Would you be able to handle stressful situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Phila, PA).

Interview

The process was very simple - just talked about past experience and Chili's culture. I was told this was one of the busiest restaurants, and was asked how I deal under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal under pressure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. They like to know more about you and how you can problem solve. Will ask random questions: i.e : if you were a superhero which would you be? Some questions will catch you way off guard. Relax, and take your time to give a solid and believable answer.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important in a restaurant that everyone works together?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process took less than a 4 days. I got a message in my email telling me that I was being asked for an interview. It was a really quick interview. Less than 20 minutes. I did wait a while for the manager, but overall really quick. He asked me the basics, nothing really surprising.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an online application, three days later received an email asking to schedule an interview. I wore a shirt and tie and interviewed with the FOH manager. Easy and relaxed interview. (I lied and told them I had serving experience). He asked about working as a team, my serving "experience", and my hobbies and interests. Then I was called later that evening to set up an interview with the general manager. 2nd interview with the general manager was nothing but a conversation about what job entails and the things he expects. He only asked one interview-type question. 2nd interview felt like a formality. I believe they already wanted me as a new hire after I interviewed with the FOH manager, as he would be the main one the servers and hosts deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate