Chili's Server/Waiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.2

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

It was a simple interview. I was asked the typical interview questions. There were some weird questions though. The manager asked me about my hair and if I always had it like that. I said no, not always. And he said that for work I would have to do a pony tail. I said I was fine with that. Other than that, it was a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Phila, PA).

Interview

The process was very simple - just talked about past experience and Chili's culture. I was told this was one of the busiest restaurants, and was asked how I deal under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal under pressure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. They like to know more about you and how you can problem solve. Will ask random questions: i.e : if you were a superhero which would you be? Some questions will catch you way off guard. Relax, and take your time to give a solid and believable answer.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important in a restaurant that everyone works together?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's (Brighton, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. I went in to check on my application and got an interview for the next day. Came in and was asked my availability. Availability was key to gaining employment. I made type that I had the option for a flexible schedule because I am in school. The interview lasted less than seven minutes. Then I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

the interview took at least a week the interviewed me twice the training took a week you follow a person around shadowing them then after a week they shadow you

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

Walked right in, no resume. Greeted by manager. Interview questions were very easy. They don't open til 10am. So calling to make an apt earlier in the day, when they are not busy or coming in right at 10 when it is slower is the best time to see a manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do If there was a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Bristol, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was thorough and contained a detailed background check, lots of hypothetical questions. They asked me questions on how I would handle certain customers in different situations, ie angry about this or that, or children trying to buy alcohol.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer who is upset that their food came out wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Detroit, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Application, interview with Asst. Manager, Interview with GM, generic general knowledge test....Was very well organized, asked to wait to meet manager and then met with manager within 5 minutes time.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Conroe, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

an initial interview, 100 question personality test, a follow up interview and final orientation meeting

Interview Questions

• The test was the hardest part... not difficult in material just tedious   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was quick and easy.