Chili's

107 candidate interviews

Server/Waiter Interview

Server/Waiter

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Initial small talk phone interview. Then you go in and are asked common question about chili's and prior work experience. Orientation follows this, where you learn to become a team member, or chilihead.

Interview Question – What is your favorite menu item?   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Server/Bartender
Jacksonville, FL

Interview Details – Go in apply for a job. Take personality and skills test

Interview Question – none. basic question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – The interview processes was easy and simple.

Interview Question – Not really. Just make sure you come prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation as it was a serving job.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Prep Cook Interview

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call to come in, was asked basic questions, received a call back for second interview

Interview Question – All questions were easy, interview was laid back.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – process was drawn out, verification is a joke, they didn't check anything at all, so heads up if ya got felonies, this is your shot!

Negotiation Details – it was BS, they stated a range of mid to upper 40's then offered 45...with over 8 years of experience and 2 degrees... I asked for more, they gave me a grand.

Server

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher
Morrow, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, next day got email for interview. Went in on Monday to talk to back of house manager. He was a real funny guy and I was instantly relaxed. He asked pretty simple questions like why would I want to work for Chili's, why would I want to work back of house than front of house, etc. He smiled at my responses and told me my next interview was in two days. Went in and signed papers and set up my schedule.

Interview Question – really was none, just be honest and genuine with your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked what I would prefer. I told him $8/hr, he then offered me 8.60/hr, with a promise of getting 9.50/hr in a year.

Prep Cook Interview

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chili's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later I scheduled an interview with them. My interview went well and very easy questions to answer which led me to a second interview with the GM. The GM was suppose to call me back for a job offer which he had promised but he never called back. After a few days of consideration, I called back to see the status of my employment, but they told me that the GM is busy and will return my call in a couple of hours but never did. I called again the next day and they told me that they will call me back in an hour but never did.

Interview Question – How did you handle a customer that was giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Server
Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chili's interview questions and advice. All 107 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chili's employees and interview candidates.